[PAL] BP suggestions

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by Sirene_Fippy, Jan 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. josh Augur

Hate to be the bearer of bad news but healing light hasn't procced off of that thing in quite a while. in fact healing light is not triggered by any procs at all anymore as far as i know.
    Chaosflux likes this.
  2. shiftie Augur

Endgame lulZ
    Chaosflux likes this.
  3. Chaosflux Augur

Correct, procs are flagged level 255. HL is capped at level 254.

The change was last March last year IIRC.
  4. Maedhros High King

so we basically have no useful bp procs right now. brilliant.
  5. Maedhros High King

Do you even play? lulz
  6. Chaosflux Augur

I use the Underfoot one because swarm pets are proven to piss raid leaders off.

So there's that
  7. Maedhros High King

The Cotf T2 bp does 50 procs of a 1800 hp heal. Guess thats about the best one I have rotting in my bags. That Froglok is cool but doesnt seem very useful :p
  8. Chaosflux Augur

Trolling is always useful.

Same reason I have the fabled pet proc weapon with an LDON swarm pet aug amd a symbol of the planesmaster.

I mean what else am I going to use Divine Stun for besides throwing mobs behind tanks and wrecking rogue parses.
  9. shiftie Augur

Not using swarm pet aug in swarm pet weapon for max trolling for shame

TBH if you're going to do it right you need to do the skele illusion proc to 1 take up a debuff slot and 2 change the hitbox
  10. Chaosflux Augur

What would I do with all that power
  11. Maedhros High King

Been trying to figure out what the best BP click is right now, since it was pointed out that stun procs no longer fire the healing light AA, which sucks.
    COTF T2 Bp seems like the best one, but it doesnt stack with sluggishness (shammy slow proc buff) for.. reasons?
    ROF T4 seems like the second best, but also doesnt stack with sluggishness...
    SOD Ordained Soulstoke Bp (no idea what tier that was) does indeed stack with sluggishness but its pretty pathetic of a heal by todays standards.

So paladin options appear to be:
    1. use a bp click with alot of stuns, which might modestly help agro, but no longer procs the group heal.
    2. use a bp click from SOD that is woefully underpowered in todays game.
    3. use awful new bp clickies with 20x 10k dmg that cannot crit and does not heal (like the sk one does).

The COTF Bp honestly wouldnt be bad, if it stacked with sluggishness. Why the heck they do not stack is beyond me.

Ngreth please whatever you come up with, if it ends up being a heal proc - ideally let it stack with things like Nights Endless Terror and Sluggishness.
    Also, is it possible to move the heal proc on COTF and ROF Bps to a different slot, as to stack with sluggishness and Nights Endless Terror?
  12. Kobrah Augur

I believe the VoA bp procs a dd / stun target targets heal. The heal I believe is larger than the cotf t2 bp proc. So might be more useful since can heal yourself if mob turns to you or useful for healing others if you are just autoattacking.
  13. Maedhros High King

The VOA bp does heal more per hit but its only 12 casts max versus 50 casts on the COTF one but they are all on the same heal slot as sluggishness reflective heal either way.
  14. Kobrah Augur

Ahh good looking out maedhros .. didn't see that anywhere when I was looking at the spell or I just overlooked it.
  15. Chaosflux Augur

VOA clicky also has a 0 resist mod and bounces like crazy IIRC.
  16. Ngreth Thergn Developer

Focus. Seems we're good.
    Click. I can look into having it be a defensive heal, that stacks with sluggish. Not sure why they were set to not stack. There may have been a reason, or not. At the proc rates... it may be questionable which proc you get per hit, though I might consider giving the BP a sorta overriding rate so it's more likely to proc until it's gone, but doesn't overwrite/remove Sluggishness.

It's a reasonable thing to me if you don't like the swarm pet.
    fransisco likes this.
  17. Maedhros High King

It would be really cool to have a bp click that would proc a heal with some small amount of agro as well. That's what I used to love about the Solteris click, all those stun procs would chain trigger the Healing Light AA which had a pretty nice agro component back then.
  18. Wulfhere Augur

Well... I pretty much click for swarm pet more often then any of the others. I choose the tiny bit of extra dps regularly. I can think of a few ways to make a paladin swarm pet click desirable vs desperate:

1. Sword Of Justice theme - rampaging pet has level appropriate dps, even Slay Undead

2. Steely Reinvigoration theme - pet has an innate ToT heal recourse.

3. Projection of Piety theme - defensive proc buff like mage's Hulking Bodyguard (6sec tank) that also transfers aggro to the paladin when each pet fades/dies

4. Splash of Sanctification theme - pet procs an area heal+cures when it fades/dies. The cures make it situational
  19. Warpeace Augur

Can you also put that on a different recast Type,something different than 16?
  20. Ofearl Slayer of all things Stupid

Ya know, not that I mind the Sword of Justice, but how about we toss the “it hits everything” crap and instead just hits current target, generates hate and upon it’s death it does a group heal? After all the dang thing has like 13hps and if an orc pawn sneezes at it, it dies. Might as well give the sword its act of valor!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.