Offline Traders "Invalid Session" and other post patch issues

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by AlmarsGuides, Nov 16, 2017.

1. AlmarsGuides Augur

With the patch that occured on 11/16/17 I have noticed two pretty darn annoying issues the first of which is you being disconnected when you try to log into the world after sitting on the character select screen for some time. I can reproduce this error 100% of the time all it takes is for you to leave a character on the character select screen for 10 - 20min then try to log him in. You'll get disconnected, sent back to server select then it seems like the game auto-rejoins your server at some point.

Second issue and the generally more annoying one... When logging in an account with an Offline Trader you're no longer notified about it or asked. It used to say "Blah blah blah there's currently an Offline Trader active would you like to remove him from the blah blah world". Now the account just lags and you get an error "Invalid Session" when you try to login again the Offline Trader is removed from the world and you can login normally.

Note: for the Invalid Session error it seems to spit this out at you any time you log in or try to login while you already have a character logged in using that account - NOT just Offline Trader.
  2. Vanishin Lorekeeper

Getting the same issue with the idling on char select then "You have been disconnected" is this intended?
  3. Kyzvs Augur

Maybe I've just been unlucky or I don't understand the conditions you are encountering but the timeout on char select has been around for me since before my last break from EQ, so 2012ish?
  4. AlmarsGuides Augur

I've never ever ever ever timed out on character select unless a server crashes. But what I am experiencing now is not a time out. You don't disconnect until you make an action on the char select screen at which point it promptly kicks you to server select then it seems to sometimes even log you back into character select where you can then log in normally.

Sometimes I have to hit login at the server select, sometimes it logs me back in - it's a weird issue altogether.
  5. toodlem Elder

just fyi, having same issue here
  6. Aurastrider Augur

Getting the same problem. Log in, get to server select, time out, enter PW again, get disconnect, enter PW a third time and it lets me log in.
  7. Poydras Augur

I am getting the "invalid" session " and "error timeout" on my trader account also. Every time I log them in I have to do it three times. Also, on the successful third try, there is not prompt about kicking the trader, they are apparently kicked out automatically.

Another problem, not sure how related, is I am unable to select the account from the dropdown menu on the patcher. It will always choose another account despite what it says I selected. I can also tell this will happen because the db cash listed will be wrong. I have to skip the patcher to load this account.
  8. Scila Augur

I started paying attention to my offline trader ... day 1 normal but honestly now couldhave imagined it ... until today straight to char select ... today invalid session. I do think this goes in the bug thread tho not here
  9. AlmarsGuides Augur

It actually boots them out at the first try when you get "Invalid Session". So keep in mind that if you accidentally try to log into that account AT ALL it kicks the trader IMMEDIATELY without any warning now. It's super annoying
    Nennius likes this.
  10. Nennius Curmudgeon

Thank you for posting this. Life has been busy lately and I had meant to post about it. I had been wondering if no message meant the off-line trader had not, in fact, been in operation.