Not sure where to post this...

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Thomasofold, Nov 15, 2017.

1. Thomasofold Elder

I dont like how the shops now show only plat now. (so 44.44 plat) instead of showing all the separate coins.

Also is it just me or is the merchant window laggy now.
  2. Khat_Nip Meow

You'll still see the coin breakdown in your chat window whenever you highlight an item.
  3. Thomasofold Elder

Yeah I know, i just don't like how it looks now. Maybe its just me :/

Just a minor complaint.
  4. Scorrpio Augur

Have not seen it yet. Are prices aligned on decimal point or right -justified?

Not aligned on decimal would make them harder to distinguish...
    Graytis likes this.
  5. Khat_Nip Meow

Glowing Soulstone 262.499p
  6. Thomasofold Elder

It wouldnt be so bad if it only showed one decimal point
  7. Khat_Nip Meow

262.499 would equate to 262p 4g 9s 9c so in the very least it keeps people from complaining that they don't see the true cost of something rather than truncating to one decimal place.

Edit to add: if something cost 3c should the vendor show 0.0p as you suggested? A Water Flask costs 0.010p
    Thomasofold likes this.
  8. Thomasofold Elder

True, i didn't think of that :/

oh well guess I just dont like it lol
  9. Graytis Lorekeeper

That's my issue with it. The entire value is centered in the field. I don't know if there's a way to align to decimal points instead of center-justifying the entire column, but I would certainly welcome that change. The (potentially) three values to the right can at first glance make the decimal look like a comma. The information is there, it's just visually confusing and not intuitive, and the lack of ledger-like decimal alignment compounds the issue.

Also, I'm not a fan of the ordinary coinage icon. Personally, I'd rather see no icon at all for ordinary plat items (icons reserved for special currencies only). I'd also rather the icon column to NOT be in between the item name and the price. Ideally, perhaps tabs marked with the available currency icons would be pretty nice if a redesign were feasible.
  10. Stymie Pendragon

I think I know what you do for a living. Just approve my purchase req:)
  11. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

I would like to know why this change was made? Is something happening in the future with plat that it needs to show those amounts where it did not previously? Maybe higher amounts will be allowed in the bazaar? When there are so many other things that could be changed and that people post about? I didn't see a single post saying this was a needed or wanted game changer. I also don't care for it.
  12. Scorrpio Augur

They are apparently integrating all merchant windows into one, including alt currency, loyalty, regular and bazaar/barter. The prices on things are still what they always were, expressed in total amount of copper. Only thing that has changed is formatting - and I gotta say, it looks icky. At the very least, it should right - justify the prices in the column. I wonder if I can tweak my merchant xml...
  13. Geroblue Augur

I don't like the formatting either. Egad.
  14. moogs Augur

I just logged in to have a look. I don't see a problem.

I really like the Find Item window.
  15. Geroblue Augur

Find Item is great, money in Merchant window is bad.
    Venea likes this.