Returning after many years and looking for a class that is soloable and also needed in raids

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by OldManRob, Nov 15, 2017.

1. OldManRob Journeyman

Hello all,
    Not trying to start a war here and I have been reading as many posts as I can but nothing really is current or not debated hotly :)
    I love to solo my necro but I know they are not great for raids and grouping is a little tough, at least that was the scoop almost 15 years ago and seems to be repeated a little on some threads.
    I don't plan on hard-core raiding but I do want to have a toon that is wanted in raids and groups more than a necro :)
    I've been down the cleric road and just can't do that again.
    I also don't think a true tank can solo on the progression servers without a merc so that is kinda out.
    So, leaning towards SK or Shami but I see threads that talk about how SK are not very raid stable and I haven't played a shami in many, many years so with all the changes what is a class that is really wanted these days?
    I have never played a mage and my chanter was always just a support toon so any current info would be greatly appreciated.
    Also, if you have recommendations on race for the classes you mention that would be fantastic. I tend to like Ikky but not locked into that.
    Thanks in advance,
    An Old Man playing EQ again
  2. Moege Augur

Better to ask this in the TLP forums, classes changes the higher you get and what may be relevant on normal server may be a failure on progression server.
    OldManRob likes this.
  3. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

If you go a few category's below this forum listing there is one for guild recruitment. Some of them list the classes they are looking for and on what server. It used to be that guilds/raids were very selective in which classes were needed/accepted but it seems that any class is wanted now days. On Tunare there are some open raids so that could allow you to play what you wanted and do casual raiding. Rangers don't seem to be wanted any more than they used too though. :rolleyes: I would go with a shami.
    OldManRob and moogs like this.
  4. Gruffish Elder

Bard or shaman
    OldManRob likes this.
  5. Numiko Augur

Beastlord is another one to consider, though seems to be greater demand for Shaman and Bards
    OldManRob likes this.