live server

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by valisk, Nov 15, 2017.

1. valisk New Member

I am a returning player and was looking to start on a live server for the content. Was wondering which server has the best population.I don't intend on boxing if that means anything,

Thanks Valisk
  2. moogs Augur

Welcome back. The servers are down for patching at the moment, but you can get a vague idea of which servers have the population level that works for you at the times you typically want to play by checking the indicators on the right side of this webpage:

https://www.everquest.com/home
  3. Yruc Augur

I would check out the guild recruitment forums and find a guild that helps new / returning players as it will be a lonely road to 85 / 90 before being able to find groups as there are almost none from 1-85. FV has a large population but also has the weird loot rules..

If you can get access to your old account you could transfer to a more populous server and get your vet rewards too.
  4. Tomar Journeyman

Not sure about "best population" but Agnarr has a bunch of people. I haven't had any issues finding groups around the noob zones/camps.
  5. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

I honestly don't think those little black and white squares on the side are any real indication of population on the servers. Not only is the data subject to server input (which the servers seldom work right anyway) it doesn't take into account the time of day when you will be playing or if those players logged in are actually playing or in bazaar or afk. That being said you could pick one and if it doesn't turn out just go to another. You can do that by making a new character or if you got attached to the one you made then you could do a server transfer. Agnar is no box and is old content. I play on a couple normal servers and to be honest they all seem about the same as far as population.
  6. valisk New Member

Thanks everyone for your input. I had logged on to vox last night and there was only 100 people on the whole server. I don't remember what my old account was and don't even have the same email. It was years ago.I have played on agnar and i do like it. But was also wanting to play on a new server to check out all the content i have missed as well, especially with the ring of scales coming out. As for play times I play usually late at night est time zone to early morning, yes weird schedule I know.
  7. Thomasofold Elder

Im on that anon server. usually 50 people on at a time. I have seen 3 or so people in the moor where i am now. Only ever seen 1 person in crescent reach (first area) and they wanted items or plat lol :)
  8. valisk New Member

If the server populations are so low like that. Seems to me that they would merge a few of them.
  9. Thomasofold Elder

Maybe its the slow season? :)

It would be nice to see a few people. Im almost considering a new character on a paid server :)

15/month is a bit rich for me tho
  10. Scorrpio Augur

Xegony is fairly lively. A number of guilds with plenty of activity. Our raid yesterday had like 49 people. Though I think maybe 10 were boxed alts left sitting in guild hall. And when in PoK by lag pile I nearly always see players requesting dailies from all level ranges. FM had like 24 people when I was passing through. Oh out of curiosity, checked /baz. Lots of ornate defiant for sale, quite a lot at sub-100p prices. Tradeskill area in PoK also fairly crowded.

Mind, lower and mid level areas are going to be rather deserted on ANY server.

Also, about sub: of course assuming you are willing to sink a year, the annual is $120, that's $10/mo. And if you want goodies from marketplace: extra merc slots, renames, illusions, mounts, cosmetics etc, the extra 500dbc you get each month is sbout $5 worth, so if you using it and sub annually, that's like $5/mo.
  11. Yruc Augur