Test Update 11/7/2017 - Patch Notes and Discussions

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, Nov 7, 2017.

1. halagren Journeyman

I dont know if i've ever posted regarding an upcoming change but this needed to be said.....This change doesnt do ANYTHING other than irritate and/or annoy the raid leader. You could possibly lose subscriptions based on this change and not actually accomplish any real gameplay changes.

Guilds that stomach it and care enough will just dedicate someone to swapping people in and out of groups to STILL GET THE EFFECTS. those that are too annoyed by doing that? well they'll just quit playing. so bottom line, you arent restricting those effects from happening, it will still happen the exact same identical way it does now with one single exception, somebody will be micro-managing group setup constantly mid-fight, all the time. that will be an absolutely horrible job as you wont be there to play the game, you'll be there to move people around constantly.

If you want a real change in gameplay, this is 100% ineffective as all you're doing is delegating somebody to swapping group members around constantly instead of playing their character.
    Ratbo Peep and Maedhros like this.
  2. Natal Augur

Why should hybrids get that benefit to their discs that pure melee don't, simply by virtue of being spell casters?
  3. Natal Augur

No they won't. AA abilities were never supposed to be TGBable anyway. The effect of this change will have a trivial effect on gameplay as a whole, while removing some of the more egregious applications of its use.
  4. Bigstomp Augur

Are there effects you can just chain cast to blanket the raid this way? I would think moving someone would just depriving the group they were in of whatever effect is being used?
  5. Natal Augur

It is a lot simpler to tune individual performance when you don't have these sorts of blanket abilities that, when combined, amplify things outside of the design envelope. It creates a situation where Class A can't get abilities or damage output improved because if Class B casts something on them it amplifies their current capability. That is fine if Class B is around, but if they are not the Class A gets shafted.

These sorts of "nerfs" are intended to disconnect the classes, so that Class A can get improvements that help them globally rather than in specific scenarios when Class B is around. Content balancing will have to be done on the assumption that Class B is always there, even if they are not. And that leaves Class A being less than what they should be.
  6. josh Augur

The SCR thing makes some sense IF they rebalance abilities, they should not push this live until they do. I'm sick of them pushing half a patch to live and then leaving us with a broken game for a month while they finish what they are doing. We have had a game that is broken in one way or another for years now because we are waiting a month for the next patch to fix it and then that patch breaks something new. test server should be one month behind live and things should be fixed BEFORE they get on live.

The TGB thing is just stupid and there is no reason that should ever see live servers. It does nothing but make the game less interesting.
  7. Hludwolf Developer

Are you broken in this way on live/test right now? If so, pm me your character name and server.
  8. Angahran Augur

The nerfs are so they can give something back in the new expansion.
  9. Angahran Augur

If this AA was not supposed to extent disciplines then why does the description specify which disciplines are exempt from being extended ? and why does it say it increases the duration of 'beneficial spells and skills' ?

"Spells that grant invulnerability as well as the skills 'Holy Guardian Discipline' and 'Unholy Guardian Discipline' are exempt from this extension."
    fransisco, Xeladom, yepmetoo and 2 others like this.
  10. Catty Lorekeeper

This is far from the first massive change to long-standing items - and zero re-tune has occurred. Folks need to look at the pattern. This is one in a long line of many. And it's going to continue.

I'm still playing but all my boxes got de-subb'd. Matter of time. Patches used to be fun stuff to look forward to. Now every single one invokes feelings of dread. Nothing fun ahead except a stale expansion.
    Ratbo Peep likes this.
  11. Ghubuk Augur

This is why most of us can't figure out where this is coming from. It isn't like it was unintended but for some reason there has been an about face on this aa.
    Kendeth likes this.
  12. NoWay Augur

Time to roll a cleric give DGB 6 months they will be the highest deeps in the game.
  13. Catty Lorekeeper

They don't have enough to give to compensate both the functionality lost and goodwill burned by this past year's regression.
  14. sojero One hit wonder

Because it was set up that way by Eli when it was created? maybe that reason?
    Also pure melee received longer duration discs cause they were not included in scrm, maybe thats a reason too?
  15. Angahran Augur

Didn't non caster types get an AA

Didn't non caster types get an AA to extend the duration of clickies ?
  16. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Catch 22 of being in a high end guild. You have to login and raid in beta, have to buy the expansion, have to keep paying in order to not let your team down. But it would be nice if all the top guilds basically told the devs to go balance it themselves, and we all just didn't buy the expansion.

Honestly, this is the last expansion for me unless something changes. If the way my class (paladin) is remains the same the next year, I will be retiring. Not a threat or whatever, just a statement. The fact I don't even care about more nerfs says it all I guess. I read it and shrugged. Not like complaining is changing anything. More resigned to things not getting better after the last 3 years of seeing my class get worse and seeing horrible design decisions affecting everyone.
    Ratbo Peep and Xeladom like this.
  17. Xeladom Augur

Probably just take a break until the spring when they get around to finally fixing what they break with this patch.
  18. Ruven_BB Augur

This is garbage. I am talking to players I have played with in 99 and we are all thinking the same thing. Might be time to retire. No point investing in your character to see them diminished with no viable reason.

Ruven
    Hiladdar likes this.
  19. sojero One hit wonder

I know they got something, but cant remember what.
  20. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Ingenuity or something like that, but only affects clicky buffs (so kinda worthless now, did they refund it?).