Canceling pre-order

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Fnyanea, Nov 8, 2017.

1. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

we pay them so we can do their work for them.
  2. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

I had a big ole post about this and was soundly criticized and slammed/shammed for saying back in the day no one paid to play beta - it was a privilege granted to very few and you had to apply to do it and it was given free. All hush hush. We no longer use "NDA" since there isn't one since 2014. Now a select few (names not released to protect their godly- like reputations) already did beta enough to release it to the masses as "paid beta" where players pay to find bugs which will still be there on release in Dec. As opposed to DB paying employees to test their product before release. All in all its an ok thing, nothing against it - it means it doesn't tie up money by having to hire those employees to test it and it generates income by having players purchase it.

Flame on girlfriend!:confused:
  3. Sancus Augur

I'm still very mad I apparently am not included in this select few. How could I have missed an opportunity to AFK in PoK for even longer while waiting for AAs/spells to get to a point they're worth testing?
    Leex and Bobsmith like this.
  4. menown Augur

You could always let a succulent beat on you so you can test out their AEs.
  5. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

Are the RoS raids really locked until the EoK raids are completed?

Even with the increased levels, my guild is a long ways off and there's no reason to buy RoS if we're just going to be banging our head against the queen and the vault in EoK for another year.
  6. Cicelee Augur

Because level 110, more combat stability and agility, more AA, better group gear, and overall more player power is no reason to buy ROS.

Zero. Zip. Zilch. Nada.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  7. mackal Augur

Introduce AA to offset the change. 6 months later, consolidate the AAs. Sounds like a plan.
  8. Millianna Augur

Many classes are showing less DPS at 110 raid geared than 105 raid geared in beta. If this true, than there is no benefit to the five levels.
    Yinla likes this.
  9. TheStugots Augur

So they're showing less DPS at 110 vs the EoK raids?

Sure...
  10. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Or go deep into the metaphysical of playing everquest and all the hidden meanings and try to figure out if that cactus head with all the needles means "they stuck it to ya" j/k
    menown and Gialana like this.
  11. kinadafz Augur

The group gear in EoS looks better than the raid gear in EoK (arguably of course on piece of gear)

But, a quick search for any 1 hander, war usable, sortable by DPS, the best is the Honed Wurmslayer, then a list of EoS 1 handers, then EoK Raid 1 handers.

When going to monk, for example, EoS group is best, followed by EoK raid.

So, if anything, get 5 levels and far superior gear so you can go back an expansion, clear it for inferior gear which allows you to raid at the current level.

This seems like a very smart move (*sarcasm*)

I will never understand why group gear of the next expansion almost immediately replaces raid gear of the previous expansion. It takes 55 people to get one weapon on the 1st of the month, then on the 5th of the same month you can get a better weapon in a group of 6. It just doesn't make sense!

But, for the hardcore raiders, I guess they would have nothing to do or look forward to.
  12. Millianna Augur

We are talking RoS raid geared at 110 vs EoK raid geared at 105 vs RoS yard trash
  13. Thrillho Augur

I could see that as being seemingly true. If you're fighting a yellow in EoK currently and have 105 / max AAs, you're doing your maximum damage. If you're fighting a yellow in RoS having just leveled up to 110, you probably don't have max AAs and are probably doing less DPS. But to say you're doing less DPS to the EoK mob while being 110 is either inaccurate or a bug. There's no way you would get weaker through leveling up. If you are, it needs to be reported as a bug.

As for betabuffed toons, these still require a bit of work. I don't think they have all of the stuff you would normally have on your main - MPG trials, heroic AAs, various clickies, etc. Hopefully the proper augments have been added as well - not just the type 5s / 7/8s, but the 3s as well. Don't forget to click the new armor either for the permanent buffs.

I haven't seen any parses between EoK and RoS yet. I would encourage you to do some parses, or have someone do parses for you, to see exactly what is happening. Do it vs. the same level of combat dummy to remove any mob level influence. The most accurate method would be to level your toon up to 110 in beta, grab all necessary AAs, then do a parse on beta and a parse on live. Make sure buffs are the same too. And the longer the parse, the better.
  14. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Nerfs really hit hard then. :(

Not looking to raiding after live patch.
  15. Gialana Augur

Meow! :)
  16. Jumbur Improved Familiar

EoK raid gear have about 700 more hme than RoS tier2 group gear.
    An EoK-raid geared char will not find many upgrades from group mobs...
    Or from another perspective: guilds who farms EoK-raids can still offer new recruits and apps actual upgrades...
  17. Straps New Member

Here is a good reason to cancel your pre-order. GMs are all tagged RoI members. Who owns who? Does it even matter? This game is being made by and for one guild.
  18. Millianna Augur

The person said it was a max toon. So all AAs. Either there’s bugs, or the nerfs are hardcore. I’m wondering about heroic stats or focus issues.
  19. Straps New Member

An unpaid beta tester is more likely to keep an exploit a secret, than to assist in the betterment of the game. To assume otherwise is naive.
    Caell likes this.
  20. Aldryn Another New Member

[IMG]

Congrats on the promotion, Super-GM-Dev Illa!