Will the free to play system be changing?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Gyurika Godofwar, Nov 1, 2017.

1. Gyurika Godofwar Augur

I don't bet money on MMA or anything for that matter but I'd never bet on him. He's what's wrong with MMA in particular and sports in general. Nothing but a greedy diva who thinks he's bigger than the sport.
    moogs and Awesome X like this.
  2. eqzekisdead Augur

no free TBM reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
  3. CrazyLarth Augur

Was the unlocking not on the release of the new EXP but around the Anniversary?
  4. Poppinfresh Elder

I'm wondering if this isn't an oversight. EQ2 froze their F2P expansion openings, so maybe that seeped over to our side. I could be (and hope) I'm wrong, even though I don't have any F2P accounts.
  5. Awesome X New Member

"Will you prevent the chaos she would unleash? Now is your chance! The Broken Mirror, EverQuest’s 22nd expansion, launches today!"
    -November 18, 2015

Nov. 18 2017 came and went and now, nearly 1 month later, on the launch of RoS, there is currently no free TBM.
  6. Tatanka Joe Schmo

I thought there had been an announcement that there wouldn't be any more free expansions.
  7. Awesome X New Member

^ and I was under the impression that was only EQ2, because they had a specific Free-To-Play server, which was getting free expansions without the playerbase there ever needing to subscribe.

In EQ1 you pretty much need to be subscribed to benefit from any new expansion offerings (AA, gear, etc) so it's a different situation. A free expansion will surely drive krono sales and subs.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  8. Millianna Augur

All announcements were with regards to EQ 2 - not EQ. All indications were business as usual. If they changed something, it was recently.
  9. Ghubuk Augur

I would be very surprised if this were true.
  10. Awesome X New Member

What? I have 8 accounts and 21 Level 105's. A free expansion always makes me buy subs for alt accounts. I also picked up a 5 pack of krono last month in order to get ready for expansion time. You obviously need subbed to get any autogrant AAs and then grind out some of the new(-ly available) ones.

I guess we can now consider you very surprised.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  11. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Why would you buy Krono to sub, when a one month sub costs less?

I thought the purpose of Krono was to sell for plat, or give to a friend as a way of gifting a sub?
  12. Millianna Augur

You can hold onto a krono and choose what account you want at a later date. Also, if they decide not to open up TBM you can dump your krono
  13. Riou EQResource

Well the main bosses of both games are basically the same, so I imagine what policy effects one has a REALLY good chance to effect the other
  14. Millianna Augur

But why announce it for one game and not the other?
  15. Gyurika Godofwar Augur

The thing is how would they implement it? Don't they sell individual expansions in EQ 2 whereas you have to buy the current expansion in EQ to get anything? Seems like a big risk to change to me but then again Daybreak seems to be forced to take a lot of risks by Columbus Nova.
  16. Millianna Augur

Good luck to them. They are going to need all they can get.
  17. Tatanka Joe Schmo

18. Ryanxp Augur

......No free TBM?
  19. HeatherPurrs Augur

The dynamics of TBM and the progression of TBM would make FTP worth a lot more than subscribing... In other words, FTP TBM would create a situation where just doing TBM progression on a FTP account would be enough power increase on a FTP account to make subscribing or even buying an expansion not really worth the money.
  20. Zhaunil_AB Augur

Oh really?
    How so, at 1k capped AAs? (or 200 or whatever it is for the "true" F2P accounts that aren't silver)
    Tatanka likes this.