Thinking of Heroic Druid.

Discussion in 'Priests' started by ceto, Sep 2, 2017.

1. ceto Elder

Hi folks,

I'm thinking of making a heroic Druid. Can any high level druids tell me if it's worth it? I want to basically use him to molo, and just kill trash mobs to level. Will I have a fairly easy time with the druid or am I better off with another class?

Already have a high level mage, so don't want one of those, or a Necro.

Thanks!
  2. Scorrpio Augur

I made my heroic druid to box with chanter. Definitely an effective combo. She hit 105 this weekend. That said, I do not molo with her. However, anything that is snarable and does not summon, and is not in a packed area, should not be too hard.
  3. Gruffish Elder

I am a 3 boxer. I did SK, Bard, Mage on Xegony and decided to restart on FV. This time I am doing Druid, Mage, Warrior.

I am never going to play EQ again without a druid. I am so spoiled now.
  4. fransisco Augur

What about the druid makes it soo much better?
  5. Gruffish Elder

mostly that it does everything reasonably well and also makes the game enormously convenient with the ports. I have also been grateful for succor on odd occasions :p
  6. Brohg Augur

evac for plain mobility inside a zone is something I very much miss when I'm not on my wizard
  7. S33k3r Augur

With ports, evac, cheetah and tracking, druids at great at moving around and finding a target (very useful for daily tasks). I really miss these abilities when I switch to a different class.

As long as the mob does not summon you can kill it. @ 105 we can generate a lot of damage since the DoT revamp.

Over the years playing a druid could be a little frustrating but these days we are in a good position and I really enjoying playing mine.
  8. Gruffish Elder

Druids remove an enormous amount of tedium from the game.
  9. Dart Lorekeeper

They are the caster version of bards, a huge amount of utility so they can adjust easily to different group makeups and content requirements if played well, and have amazing synergy with casters and fairly good with hybrids. For moloing we aren't the quickest killing with that method, but it works well for questing, and for taking out named mobs you are capable of farming and for building a group around when a talk isn't available. For xp by yourself you ate better off kiting in one form or another or rooting dotting mobs.
    moogs likes this.
  10. Heploc New Member

Druids are fun again! I'm finding my Druid does well with my SK/Enchanted. Supplements the team well in DPS and auxiliary healing. Travel, evac, extra regen and PC res ability is nice (like when the healer merc got stupid and died)
  11. Heploc New Member

Hit post reply but on too many times, 'pologies..
  12. Heploc New Member

13. Poxxie New Member

I 3 box druid (main), mage and enchanter at 105.

If you are boxing, druid is great. The ability to port your whole crew around and track down stuff is awesome. Dps and heals for druid is also at a very good spot right now.

But if you are not boxing and the druid is your only toon, then anything over 100 will be tough. Tank merc can't really tank that well at high levels unless you have tons of merc AAs invested. So your option for molo is really snare kiting with a wiz merc at big outdoor zones. No as bad as other classes, but compared to say, a necromancer, it'll be slower. And most namers are not snareable, so you'll be limited on what you can kill.

So if you are boxing, 100% yes to druid. But if you are not boxing and want to take on namers and tough content, there maybe other options.