[Request] faction info list

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by kenabi, Oct 30, 2017.

1. kenabi New Member

Either a button next to achievements in the inventory screen or a tab in an existing dialog would suffice. It's well past time this was a thing in the UI. Just a simple list like the alt currency has, e.g.; <faction name> | <word for level> | <number for level>.
    Ishtass likes this.
  2. Jumbur Improved Familiar

3. Catty Lorekeeper

/consider
  4. Ishtass Augur

If devs got creative, that'd be a cool feature.
  5. kenabi New Member

so make a little < (a, b, c, etc) > thing at the top so that it'll load a given letters faction instead of the whole list. problem solved.
  6. kenabi New Member

having to trek across the world sometimes in the process of fixing factions on classes without teleport is ludicrous.
  7. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

I'm going to guess it is harder than that.

Daybreak has mentioned before the difficulties behind this. It is non-trivial.

Just one of the many issues, is that every time you log in, the game would then have to load up the UI (your computer) with this entire list. Then it would have to update it in real time as you kill mobs and do quests.

How is this list stored on the Daybreak servers? Does it just load the current zone's faction chart (your faction vs. zone mobs) as you enter a zone? Does it just check when you /con or enter a mob's aggro radius or hail a mob?

I'm not sure why you need this list.

What I would like to see, is when you /con a mob, there is an option to see what factions the mob uses, so that way you could know what factions to work on to improve your relationship with that mob. Right now, the only way I know to find out is here http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/flist.html
    Chatoyan and Tatanka like this.
  8. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

Oh, I am assuming this would also list the factions you would make better and worse by killing the mob.
  9. Catty Lorekeeper

Ludicrous. Very strong word to describe modern EQ. Since most everything in the game is now almost literally HANDED to you now-a-days due to silly requests like this.

"Having to trek" - using the added uncountable methods of transport that make it easy
    "Fixing factions" - with the added handy "You have gained 5 faction by killing" messages
  10. Millianna Augur

I'm ok with DPS checks and raids being hard, but requiring the previous expansion raid progression is an absolute nonsense. Most mid tier are already banging there heads on wall trying to complete the current content... and wait... you want them to do another 6 months?
  11. Ishtass Augur

I'm fairly certain that if it were a quick and easy fix, devs would be willing to make the change because it has nothing to do with skill and is a nice convenience (hence the number system added in already)

So again, I don't think it's a matter of if they should (or if you feel macho because you like walking around and pressing con). It's a matter of the return on investment.

If you were told right now that we could have a cool feature like this for basically free and it would not take anyway any existing dev cycles would you want it? Probably yes.

Unfortunately it's probably on the order of magnitude as the loot system revamp.

I don't think it'd necessarily be impossible for the client to handle... just a little inconvenient to do so with a clever design to back it up.