launcher not working?

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Damezza, Jun 28, 2017.

1. N'VekQ New Member

Hi. Thank you. Yes, you're right. I've been gone a couple months and I'm running Vista. I have a copy of Win 7 sitting here, but have been putting off upgrading as it's a pain and one of my favorite games won't run under 7.

I tried your patch, but I'm still getting the same KERNEL32.dll error, so I may just have to bite the bullet and upgrade my OS. It's really about time to do it anyway. *sigh*

Thanks much for the help. :)
  2. Folk New Member

So I started having this problem on one of my PC's this morning. I have tried some of the steps in this thread with no luck. I am on Windows 10, and when i tried running C:\Program Files (x86)\Sony\EverQuest\eqgame.exe patchme I get an error "The code execution cannot proceed because dsetup.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix the problem."

I confirmed that my other computer can play EQ just fine and figured it was a missing DLL I could just copy from my other PC. However, i do have that DLL installed on this PC but it seems that the patcher is not able to see it in my C:\Users\Public\Sony Online Entertainment\Installed Games\EverQuest folder. I am wondering if there is an INI somewhere that somehow does not have the users folder not defined properly.
  3. Tiadashi New Member

How is this still a thing been this way before HCH started missed it all still cant get in - did I miss the memo that EQ has finally died?
  4. Jora New Member

My husband and I were getting the following error for a few days

"Launchpad was unable to connect. Please check the network connection or try again later. If the problem persists, please visit hpps://help.daybreakgames.com for assistance."

After doing everything listed in the knowledge database, he tried turning off "Real-Time Scanning" in McAfee and the Launchpad works. This is re-creatable. This is somewhat sad. I'm posting since other people also had trouble with the Launchpad.
    snailish likes this.
  5. deepdarksecret New Member

I was having the problem with launcher where it would just not do anything. For those of you getting this behavior I was able to get it working with the following after trying all the responses from daybreak and on here...

I noticed that my Launchpad.exe in my old sony directory was very old and had the sony icon. So I checked a recently rebuild computer were my EQ was installed in a different directory. The Launchpad.exe on that machine for dated much newer and had the daybreak icon so I copied it to the machine having the issue after renaming it's version. This worked for me. I do believe daybreak is no 'seeing' the old sony directory structure for some things and not replacing files there. Good luck everyone.
    Gukarok likes this.
  6. Gukarok New Member

Thanks deep...this fixed the problem for me as well
  7. snailish Augur

This tip just worked for me tonight after multiple fails to get in.

Granted... defaulted Internet Explorer as per the Daybreak help also seemed to work a few days ago...

Years with no issues like this, something was recently changed (past few weeks) that my setup does not like?
  8. Intox New Member

Not to necro an old thread... but I'm attempting to make a comeback after 5ish months off, and my launcher wont run.

I use wineskin, and can "patchme / eqgame.exe" bypass all the way to server select, but get the error that I need to update.
  9. Bigfan Augur

10. Kaponen Lorekeeper

@Bigfan: whats the chances you could do the same thing you do for the live patches with the beta patch for xp/vista users? It wouldn't give people without access a way in or anything, because they'd just get a server select screen with no beta server listed. I just cant get a new OS before the next week or so, and have a key and would really like to get on beta!
  11. Bigfan Augur

Nah, that's totally not going to happen, I haven't even purchased RoS yet.
  12. Geroblue Augur

EQ now installs in DBG folder, not Sony folder. I had a computer crash in Win 10 and reinstalled.