Brewing 301+

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Gillette, Nov 27, 2016.

1. Eanelder Augur

I'm going to have to say research will have the most recipes to learn. (i was requiring 54 recipes per skill up at 325)

(or perhaps Brewing, since I think its impossible atm)
  2. Gillette Lorekeeper

There are a large number of baking recipes that are automatically known. Which is a really good thing because there are at least 17 meat types, 9 sauces, and 8 final prep types (soups, stews, jerky, steaks, etc.) which would come out to be over 1,200 recipes. For just Nest Dragon meat that would have required 72 of them! So be glad some are automatically learned! (While they wouldn't count towards reaching 350, you also don't have to do them to reach 350 either!)
  3. Aanuvane Augur

But the thing is I'm pretty sure they weren't there before the release of EoK....I could however be incorrect...it's just that I've known I needed those EQ IDs on ECTC forever....
  4. Dzarn Developer

Thanks for the report on this bug.
    It looks like the data to correlate recipe count to 301-350 skill didn't make it to the server for brewing.

This will be corrected in the next full patch.
    Crystilla, Jhenna_BB, Egat and 5 others like this.
  5. Gillette Lorekeeper

Thanks for looking into it Dzarn!
  6. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

omg thank you I was totally bummed all the recipes I learned this summer didn't move the skill at all :D
  7. Gillette Lorekeeper

Baking:
    I did a sweep through all the sauce-meat-prep type combines (like grilled horse meat soup). While most of them are automatically learned, I discovered Beer-Battered Al-Metes Souffle is not. I've done a lot of combines over the years so I'm not sure if other recipes fall into this category or not but for those trying to finish out baking, you might want to see if this one is showing as learned for you! Could be an easy one that you've missed.
  8. Moege Augur

Tinkering

Would really like to know if anyone has reached 350, 338 and have about 10 more recipes to make (list on eqtraders)
  9. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

Click on Old World Cultural links I'm betting you didn't make your gnome plate armor. Three separate suits, it's the biggest chunk of Tinkering Recipes.
  10. Lifeshriek Augur

did they increase the amount of recipes needed to get to 350 brewing? i reached that ach on april 1st (go figure) this year according to my achievement window and now i am for some reason at 349 actual skill.
  11. adetia Monkess Wonder, Ruler of All

I heard from someone else they went from 350 -> 349 recently, and they were missing a recipe that they had previously scribed. I'll see if i can find out from them which recipe it was, perhaps you are missing the same one.
  12. Jetboy Lorekeeper

This happened to me as well so I'm hopeful it was just a weird bug. Was a recipe removed causing this to happen? I do still have a handful of recipes left that I can make to bring it back up to 350 but hesitate if this is going to be an ongoing issue. DBG...just give us a real list already or something!! For the love of tradeskillers everywhere please add.../outputfile missingrecipes [Brewing etc...]
  13. Tatanka Joe Schmo

My guess is, it's the opposite. They may have added new recipes for the new expac, so now, you have a lower percentage of the potential recipes completed.

Even if this is not the cause of this particular situation, it would be nice to find out from DBG if that will be the policy (i.e. as the years go by, and more expacs/recipes come out), will players lose skill points, and be required to make the new recipes to re-max the tradeskills?
  14. adetia Monkess Wonder, Ruler of All

I know for my specific example I was referencing, it was a guildmate who had a recipe, that was later unlearned, and he had to do it again. I suspect he fell prey to a rollback, or server crash while skilling etc, and thought it was safely recorded but it was not. I forgot to ask him last night, but I will today.
  15. Ratbo Peep Augur

You'd think a 400 in map-making would count for something. :D
    -R
  16. Nuttann Elder

For those who had 350 brewing and then had 349 and had to relearn a recipe, what was the recipe that had to be relearned? With multiple people who dropped from 350 to 349, it seems more than a rollback.
    I now have 349, yet still have the 350 achievement (I suspect that a real rollback would have wiped that too).

I just don't feel like going through the recipes once again to see what is no longer learned.

Thanks,
  17. Jetboy Lorekeeper

I went through my Brewing list and the following recipes (plus trivial for easy searching) I learned in the past and are now missing! Can anyone whose Brewing skill was recently reduced to 349 from 350 please confirm. I don't know if other Tradeskills are also missing recipes as Brewing is the only one I've completed to date. Also, this is NOT due to a rollback as I learned these recipes over a period of time.

Surefall Tannin 102
    Dream Tea 114
    Alaran Tea 115
    Caesar Dressing 122
    Gukta Essence 122
    Planar Energy Tea 122
    Swamp Temper 122
    Granite Temper 124
    Sand Temper 126
    Bamboo Dye 127
    Berry Dye 127
    Bone Temper 127
    Cauldron Dye 127
    Jaggedpine Dye 127
    Lichen Dye 127
    Maneater Dye 127
    Ocean Dye 127
    Plains Dye 127
    Steam Dye 127
    Sylvan Dye 127
    Lichen Temper 128
    Dwarven Dressing 132
    Elven Dressing 132
    Erudian Dressing 132
    Cristov's Finest Red Wine 135
    Dream Juice 135
    Metallic Temper 136
    Taelosian White Mint Tea 136
    Dream Ale 140
    Nighttime Ale 142
    Taelosian White Ginseng Tea 142
    Dream Spirits 144
    Argath Brandy 148
    Planar Energy Coffee 148
    Planar Energy Juice 148
    Sarith Rum 148
  18. Nuttann Elder

I just checked and it looks like I still have all of the above in my in-game known recipes. Given that someone above found a formerly learned recipe that was missing and redid it, I farmed an Ice of Velious and made a shake that I had not made before. I successfully learned that shake, but still have 349/350. So, a single recipe did not do it for me. I have a few more recipes unlearned I could do, but don't want to have to farm more difficult drops just to try it out, especially if easier recipes were somehow lost.

Anyone have a clue as to the cause? It is kind of silly to have the achievement for 350, yet only have 349. Clearly something changed. Now I really want a "/output knownrecipes brewing" command where I could use it to check differences between currently and previously known recipes (at least going forward).

I may just have to go through my checklist and compare against in-game. If it is recipes being forgotten, that SHOULD not happen. The other suggestion above is that some data was added for new expansion that messed up recipes, that should not affect skill negatively either.

Added: I am also worried that this could happen again (and again). We shouldn't have to recheck things that we maxed. In fact, if it were not for this thread, I may not have looked until doing new expansion skills.
  19. Nuttann Elder

OK, back to 350 for me. That one new shake did not do it, but found a recipe to relearn. I went through my records and in-game recipes (fortunately this list is smaller than some tradeskills) to find one missing that I had previously done. Pulsing Blue Vial pushed me back up to 350. So, a total of two recipes for me from when I first got 350. I did not notice a second missing recipe that could explain how I got 350 and then lost it. And that was not the recipe that pushed me to 350 originally, so rollback does not make sense.

This still seems like a bug since it seems to have affected a few people and rollback seems unlikely to be the cause. (Brewing specifically too) So I did enter a ./bug. The title of this thread is not something that the devs might notice as a potential bug.
  20. adetia Monkess Wonder, Ruler of All

Ok i guess i was wrong - I talked to my guildie with this problem, he said he actually didn't lose any recipes, just the skill point in brewing, so he had to go learn two more recipes to get back to 350. (in his case, two ice cream related brewing recipes.