Double/Triple attack with 10/18 patch

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by dwish, Oct 18, 2017.

1. dwish Augur

So, I have been hearing that some classes seem to have gotten their max boosted for double/triple attack. I know everyone lost skill when re-buying burst of power, but a couple classes seem to have a higher max as well in these skills then before patch. So far I'm hearing possibly SK, anyone else confirm any other classes?
    Hiladdar likes this.
  2. Maedhros High King

Of course, if any class will get the extra crumbs it will be SK's lets be real.
    gotwar likes this.
  3. Forcallen Augur

Sk and pally are both 400 post changes, don't recall if it was that prior.
  4. Zalamyr Augur

Or you could be a dummy like me and not notice the new burst of power AA and spend half your refunded AAs on other things and now be 500 AA short of finishing the most important line for my dps because I didn't realize what got refunded.
    Gyurika Godofwar and kizant like this.
  5. Stephen51 Augur

Just logged my Paladin in. Double attack seems unchanged/not increased, and is 260/260.
    Triple attack is now 275/400, so I assume it's previous max was 275.
    Off to max it out on some unsuspecting light blue con. Before it's nerfed.
  6. heruthemonk Lorekeeper

Magelo says previous skill was 565 for my monk - logged into today , bought my AA back and now I am at 400/565 -

This is gonna annoy a lot of people that were maxed and now have to get skill ups back up to a point they were at a looooong time ago
    Hiladdar likes this.
  7. Stephen51 Augur

Hmmm in that case Pally/SK may not have had an increase. The loss of the AA's could have dialled back the max, and once I bought the AA's again, put my max back up to what it was before the patch, without increasing my actual skill back to what it was. If so that sucks on a few different levels, but what are you going to do.
  8. heruthemonk Lorekeeper

TBF only took a couple of hours to get back those skill points - but EQ peeps like drama :)
  9. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

The opposite is also possible...on a few alts, converted useless auto granted AA into slightly better AA’s. Wew!

[IMG]
    thebeasttt112 likes this.
  10. Thraine Augur

indeed, i lost a bunch of triple attack AAs on my warrior alt and re-spent them in defensive AAs :)
  11. Rhodz Augur

Its ok you will probably get to do it again later today.
    I really liked the whole "oh no you cant leave and do this later you must do this NOW!" kind of approach to rationality.
  12. Hiladdar Augur

I understand the intent of DBG wants to do, simplify the AA which is good. But, my opinion is that was implemented in a sloppy manner with regard to triple attack skill for all melee.

In the long term this is not a major problem. I just had to slow the logging in of toons on patch day and spend AA while paying more then normal attention to any toon over level 51 with max AA spent prior to the patch. The triple attack is easy to re-earn back, just a few hours of whacking on mobs that are light blue or higher con.
  13. Yorag Journeyman

After repurchasing all of the Burst of Power line, the triple attack skill was also set back to 400 with a maximum skill of 565 (warrior). I'm pretty sure my triple attack was maxed prior to the patch so now we will have to retrain 165 levels of triple attack.

In about an hours time last night of constant killing light blue mobs, I was able to improve the skill from 400 to 440. Seemed I was getting about one skill-up per mob before I killed them. It might be more productive to pick a more difficult mob where the battle is longer?
    The point is, we shouldn't have to retrain a skill we had previously maxed simply because of an AA consolidation.
  14. Heile Lorekeeper

You can just go to the arena and use a healer merc to beat on. Just make sure you go h2h and turn off any /autoskills since you can probably kill the merc with weapons and autoskills on and all that. Took my alt rogue just a bit after a hour of skilling up to remax.
  15. Rhodz Augur

Your time is meaningless, it is off the books.
    Have a gud un :D