Status: 10/19/2017 12:37 PDT - The game is currently down for scheduled maintenance.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Sissruukk, Oct 19, 2017.

1. Sissruukk Rogue One

How come I have guildies in game, but I and others can't get in?
  2. Ryuda Journeyman

Strange... have all my toons inside but tried to log on another but all servers are locked...
    scheduled maintenance? should be called accidental maintenance... this surely was not planned...
  3. Kayrsoc New Member

Patcher reports maintenance, yet there is nothing on the boards explaining why?

So please tell us, what's up Daybreak?
  4. Zinth Augur

they just posted 55min til shutdown on the servers, so they not letting anymore in...
  5. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

Daybreak needs to stop using the words "scheduled maintenance".

Obligatory The Princess Bride Quote (Daybreak pay attention): "You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.”

What Daybreak means by it is that they took the servers down on purpose to fix something, rather then they are down due to a crash. What everyone else thinks is that they keep using words without understanding what they mean.

Daybreak needs to use the word "maintenance" rather than "scheduled maintenance", or even use "unplanned maintenance" or "unexpected maintenance" instead.
    Treiln, Hiladdar and Sissruukk like this.
  6. Snnow New Member

Just please don't let it be a rollback, doing damn journeyman quests :p
  7. Toruch Fleshrot Augur

Probably to fix the AA's. I had 698 to spend yesterday. I clicked buy all on pet fury and it used 670 AA's. Was very surprised. Lol.
  8. Sissruukk Rogue One

I agree Fanra, this certainly wasn't planned. And while I love EQ, and am always willing to give DBG the benefit of the doubt, they do need to do better on communication, especially on things like this. Keeping people in the loop is key. Sure, people will still get upset, but its better they be upset and informed than upset and getting more upset because they don't know what is happening.
    Fanra likes this.
  9. Rhodz Augur

Yeah AAs are a mess and they were requiring them be spent RIGHT FREAKING NOW or lose em.
    Andarriel likes this.
  10. Infinite_Karma New Member

In the EQ Chat room they provide when you log in, the ticker-tape message says, "Servers are coming down at 2:00pm PDT for an emergency update. Downtime will be an hour." Soooo for everyone who isn't in the game, the servers have been locked since 12:37pm PDT, but now will be kicking everyone out who is in game, shutting down, and offline until after 3:00pm PDT. Looks like "Downtime will be an hour." really means over two and a half hours.
  11. Starry Journeyman

would be nice if they posted something for those just not in chat room
  12. Rhodz Augur

It is how they think outside the box over there
    Starry likes this.
  13. lefous Elder

i got my toon in pok but sever go donw in 25 min :(
  14. Scorrpio Augur

Well, what if they scheduled it 20 minutes before starting it? But yeah, when something is 'scheduled' it typically means that it is put on the calendar sufficiently in advance for the relevant parties to plan around.
  15. Rhodz Augur

May have been scheduled a month ago but then the whole announcement thing met resistance from the "don't give the crybabies anything" faction and the "anti-entitlement" faction formed a alliance to overthrow the "sanity party" minority and thus no announcement was made...
  16. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

Yeah, I'm sure at Daybreak offices, they did something like:

"Ok, we have a problem with xyz. Now let's figure out a fix. Ok, we have a fix, and testing should take about an hour, so let's schedule a downtime for two hours from now and the servers will be down for three hours. Oh, and let's not tell the players now since we can't be sure we will be ready, plus we don't want anyone to exploit it."

Which means, technically, it was "scheduled". Just, as you say, no one knew except for Daybreak. Which means any public post claiming it was "scheduled" means that it was scheduled by filing it in the bottom of the locked cabinet in the unlit basement with the broken stairs behind the door marked "Beware of the Leopard". <Hitchhiker's Guide reference>
    Rhodz likes this.
  17. Numiko Augur

I see its been updated to Emergency Maintenance now..... :rolleyes:
    Treiln and Andarriel like this.
  18. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

Look, they have read this thread and responded:

Yay! Thanks Daybreak!
  19. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

You think if it was a emergency everyone in game would of been kicked. My traders were when I saw a server coming down for maintence gave us like a 55 mins heads up. I personally don't like having a patch oneday and next day a maintence guess its for the screw ups.

Andarriel
  20. Warlain Lorekeeper

Its scheduled, after what the patch entailed yesterday it was obvious they would need to schedule a patch after the patch and before the next unscheduled scheduled patch tonight or tomorrow...
    Andarriel likes this.