Wiz/Mage DPS Web App

Discussion in 'Casters' started by kizant, Sep 12, 2017.

1. kizant Augur

I thought I'd make a new thread since it's been quite a while. The last one also didn't have Mage in the title so some people may have ignored it. Anyway, I have this web application to help estimate DPS for Wizards and Mages that maybe you'll find useful or at least interesting. I made it mostly because I was bored and I also got tired of re-parsing every time I had a new idea and couldn't remember half of what I learned from previous time.

Quick summary of how to use the app:
    Pick spells from the Choose Spell drop downs and it'll update a timeline and plot damage. You'll also see crit rate and damage displayed in their own chart. Then, on the left side of the screen, you can enable things in each of the various sections. I added a lot of the most common equipment and AA options as well as some other abilities. Some things made more sense to be 'always on' and some with specific time frames you may want to manually arrange yourself. So, there's also additional abilities you can add to the timeline itself via the Add ADPS buttons. Once on the timeline they can be resized or dragged around to different spots. Lastly, you can hover over the spell icons in the timeline for some details.

Oh and FYI I'm not testing much in different browsers. I'm relying on Babel to general ES2015 compliant code so it should work in most of them I'd think. If you see any major issues right away try Firefox or Chrome first to make sure it's not just a browser issue.

Now, for new stuff, I tried to clean up the code and move to some decent build tools. That's where I've spent most of my time the past few weeks. It's far from perfect but I think it's good enough for a new update and to upload the full source to everyone. It is on github so if you're interesting you can take a look. I'm avoiding server side code to making host as a cheap as possible so unless you like javascript you may not want to take a look...

Besides code cleanup here's some other changes since last time:
    1. Better estimate for the Remorseless Servant pet damage.
    2. Better estimate for fuse proc and wild* spell damage .
    3. Fix for Firebound orb procing spells that it shouldn't.
    4. Fix for hedgewizards and book of obulus procs. They weren't supposed to twinproc.
    5. Updated statistics summary section and individual spells to be a little easier to understand. Plus more accurate in the case of average crit rate and spell counts. It now includes twincasted and proc'd spells in figuring out the averages.
    6. Made the spell popup display a little more consistent. It'll show average damage for the spell, average twincast damage of just the main spell. Then it'll show an aggregate of all the associated procs. For example, if eqp procs are showing 10k damage and you go from 0 to 100% twincasting the number should double. It won't be hidden.
    7. Added Manaburn to the ADPS drop down. It's not adding the 2.4m damage for wizards yet but you can see the 19.2k after crit effect.
    8. Added the EOK T1 group weapon to the equipment list.
    9. Other stuff I've forgotten.
    10. Added Improved Familiar (28) for wizards based on Test updates today. This is also what prompted me to post now instead of waiting a little longer.

There were tons of changes so there could be some new bugs. Let me know if you find any but do expect the numbers to be a little different than in the past version.

The application is hosted here:
    http://dps.kizant.net/

Github project here:
    https://github.com/kauffman12/eqdps

Old thread:
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/wizard-dps-web-app.239137/
    Kuvani, Wizlard, fransisco and 3 others like this.
  2. Brohg Augur

your spell sorter is broken for me today. break something overnight? I was (ab)using it just fine 24h ago
  3. kizant Augur

Oh yeah forgot to move some of those files back. Should be fixed now.
    Kuvani and Brohg like this.
  4. kizant Augur

Some updates:

1. Added the 2.4 million damage manaburn cast for wizards and a counter in the spell settings section so you can choose any value from 1 to 500 for the effects that get counted.

2. Made some major changes to the spell timeline to account for manaburn and it should work a lot better for twincast now too. Keep in mind both of those need to account for cast and lockout times when trying to sync up the spells and related adps. For example, in the manaburn case there needs to be 3 seconds free before it starts and it may force some other spells to wait while it's casting, etc. Just try to adjust things as close as possible and it should do ok.

3. Added Shield of the Dark Scholar as an extra ability like AA nukes or Firebound orbs.
    Kuvani and gotwar like this.
  5. kizant Augur

Updates:

1.With the talk of bard usefulness I finally got around to adding Bard 2nd Spire and Arcane Melody. Plus made some UI changes that hopefully organize things a bit better.

2. Added an average twincast rate to the stats section to help test claw procs. Been doing some parsing to check if there's anything else I can do to make that better. Although, it doesn't seem as bad as I remember.
    Kuvani and IblisTheMage like this.
  6. kizant Augur

Updates:

1. The most noticeable change is to Claw and Chaotic Fire. I've gone back to a simpler approach. They now just proc their abilities at their normal rate based on 100 casts. So, for example, twincast every 10 casts counting twincasts. This way the estimated DPS and twincast rates are far more realistic when you look at a longer view. Like 200 seconds or more. Which I think is the only useful way to really look at Claw. It's your main sustained spell and it is interesting to try out what it looks like when cast earlier or later in your spell lineup.

2. I completely redid how I'm calculating SPA values and some of the proc rules. All the special case code is gone and I only had to come up with one or two shortcuts/rules of my own to make things work easier. While doing this a few stacking issues were fixed and some new EQ bugs were found which is always nice. Hopefully, it'll be easy to add stuff from beta or maybe work on an enc version or something. If you want to see what the rules are I updated the Testing link to display (almost) everything. It's a lot more detailed than the previous version.

There's probably some new bugs. I've still got some things to re-test so let me know if you see any. Hopefully, the performance isn't much worse. I'm caching the rules as much as I can. Edit - Oh and a few small things we're removed that were just annoying to maintain. I don't think anyone needed every version of AA nukes right? For some stuff I'm going to keep versions since TDS or the current level.
    Kuvani, gotwar, Brohg and 1 other person like this.
  7. kizant Augur

A few more updates to come closer to finishing things off:

1. Added Mag/Wiz synergies to the active abilities section. Before I had disabled these for your own class since I had conflicts with how they also get proc'd by spell use. That's all redone so adding them in wasn't a big deal.

2. Added Intensity to the ADPS drop down. Intensity always wins and when it comes to FE or IOG it's whichever you added last that wins out. I don't remove the 'blocked' ability from the timeline since that would probably be more annoying.

3. Added Frostbound/Firebound Alliance to the ADPS dropdown. This is so you can see after crit damage it adds when you cast on someone elses' Alliance.
    Kuvani and fransisco like this.
  8. kizant Augur

Posted some UI updates and one more tweak for the fickle conflagration procs.
    Kuvani likes this.
  9. kizant Augur

Updates:

1. Finally added Arcomancy, Cryomancy, and Pyromancy. They're under the debuff/weakness section for lack of a better spot.

2. Implementing pyromancy made rework the generator I had used for Remorseless Servant. So, I ended up fixing some bugs with that code and it's now plotting damage on a 6 second interval. Figured that would make the graph a little easier to read. Plus it was losing some damage before so the DPS is a bit higher.

3. Moved a few more things to use the new rules engine. Everything but like the effectiveness from spell focus AAs is going through that now. So, at least when something breaks it should break consistently on everything.
    Kuvani likes this.
  10. Kazint Augur

Updates:

I added the changes from Test and right now you got the old fury line available too for comparison. Plus I changed the ADPS dropdown so it only recalculates things after the menu closes. This is so you can change multiple things at once and get one update. So, it's easy to see what percent increase having both fury of ro and fury of kera have as an example.

From my testing, this new Fury of the Gods thing should be in improvement until 9 or 10 mins in when the old way would slowly take over. At least for how I start with burn on a raid.

For some reason I can't logon with my other account to the forums so I'm using this one.
    Kuvani likes this.
  11. kizant Augur

Made some adjustments to the recent mancy addition. It was counting twincasts a little too much. So, anyone who tried that might want to checkout the latest.
    Kuvani likes this.
  12. Venau Augur

Love this kind of stuff. Thx Kizant!
    kizant likes this.
  13. kizant Augur

For anyone interested I have some of the new stuff on here:
    http://beta.kizant.net

There was info for a lot of the main spells but no updates for AAs, items, etc that I could see. So, I kept the old type 3 aug values and bumped a few things up to max level 110 where it was needed. Well, I will in a minute. Not sure what happened to what I uploaded earlier today. It should say version B2 at the end. Bleh I blame cloudfront. The latest is there but the old one is being cached or something. Ok invalidated the cache so should be good.
  14. fransisco Augur

I do hope the focus AA's get updated to effect the 110 spells, otherwise their gains will be minuscule
  15. kizant Augur

Agreed.
  16. kizant Augur

Finally done leveling up one wiz to 110 on Beta (wanted to keep eok progression) so I made some updates and have been doing some actual testing. These updates are only for this version: http://beta.kizant.net

1. Updated all the spell names with the latest values.

2. Since I was changing spell names and IDs around I decided to leave out spell focus and the type 3 augs for now. It is a little unclear what they're doing I guess? I mean for the most part spells an upgrade without those AAs but obviously Volley of Many and RS are kind of ruined without them. They have to do something but who knows what.

3. I updated Elemental Union, Heart of Flames, and Improved Familiar to show that they aren't in beta and bumped up the versions to what we're most likely going to see once they add our class AAs. I added a label for (Not In Beta Yet) just be clear. The values are the same just max level was changed to 110.

4. Made a special update for Arcomany, Pyromancy, and Cryomancy. For these I updated max level but also bumped up the values similar to what they've done in the past. Just doing this for my own testing really. They're labeled (Not In Beta Yet) on these too just to be clear.

5. For fun I implemented decaying focus values but nothing is really using it except the old Improved Familiar. I left in as an option just so I can test with it.

6. Added new Arms, Helm, and Glove items and focus values to go with them.

7. Added the new group and raid weapons.

8. Added a Threads of Potential belt with an option of using the value 3500 instead of what it's currently doing. Hopefully, we'll be able to get this item improved before Beta is complete. Although, I'm mostly expecting we'll be sticking with the Runed Belt of Boromas for a long long time.
    IblisTheMage and Sancus like this.
  17. kizant Augur

Also added a new stat called PPS for procs per second. Only in the beta link right now.
  18. kizant Augur

Update beta version with today's latest changes.
    Sancus likes this.
  19. kizant Augur

One more update today. I added Thricewoven Capacity to see if I could figure out a small change to suggest to make the spell useful for a change. While adding that I fixed a bug when using it together with claw spells or fickle and the new chaotic.
  20. kizant Augur

Updated the regular application with improvements from beta version:
    1. Modified claw/chaos procs to work better when twincasting and when fickle is used at the same time as chaos.
    2. Added Procs Per Second stat.
    3. Removed old/test abilities like fury of ro and the threads of potential belt since it's in the beta app anyway.
    Sancus likes this.