Still no fix for Origin?

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by CapriallaTildunk, Oct 14, 2017.

1. CapriallaTildunk New Member

I left this game ten years ago in part because of the nightmare that is Crescent Reach, and now I still can't get rid of that horrible town. I've avoided it up til hitting 15, now the guy in rather for adventurer stone won't have anything to do with me because it's my origin city. That's the last I will play my character, I guess, I'll reroll before I spend 2500 just to reset my city of origin. You would think after the exodus that happened after that expac and attempt to "get everyone together" they'd have learned to give people some leeway. It's 2017, not 2007, and it feels like nothing's changed and still nobody listens to players.
  2. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Ok so do you not like where "origin" takes you or do you want it fixed to your home city or a way to get your adventure stone?

So if its an origin issue of the action itself:

#1 If you don't like Cresent Reach as your origin city then don't use origin. There are many many port portions, clickies, etc.
    #2 if you make a paying account you can choose your home city, then your origin can be what you want so far as what is offered. I just made an sk with origin of Freeport.= and it ports him to Freeport when its used.
    #3 If this is an old account that has gone silver your origin was most likely reset when free accounts were brought into the game. You can petition.

If you need to do adventurer stone then try some of these suggestions:

#1 You do not need the adventure stone to use magus. If you use the one in the lobby and port to Nedaria's landing then from there that magus will offer you the other cities. You can use this method to port around from level 1.
    #2 try speaking to Vladnelg Galvern in Cresent Reach on second floor sitting in a chair. Let him go thru whatever he says and then:
    #3 Go to Butcherblock and speak to Vual Stoutest and say "farstone " to him and see if he will give you your stone. Finish off the rest of the hails.

Again if none of this works then petition. That is free. Not sure why or where your spending $25 to reset. But keep in mind that you need to be clear on the petition which of the issues your trying to solve.
    Caell and Funk like this.
  3. Zhaunil_AB Augur

The only real way to avoid CR as starting city is to go gold one way or the other BEFORE you make your character.
    I found that out once back then when i made a new account and bought silver for just that purpose, thinking that'd be enough to select a "normal" starting city.

Officially i know of no other way to reset the starting city - outside of a race-change perhaps, but it could well be that that defaults to CR as well
  4. Venea Journeyman

The 2500 DBC the OP mentioned is for a Race Change, which does give you the option to choose your starting city. I did it as a Gold member, though, so maybe that portion is restricted for Gold members?
    No clue what the OP is saying about the Adventurer's Stone, though.
  5. Password1234 Augur

Does the Race Change actually let you reset your Origin point? My characters were all made before CR existed, and I tried petitioning to get their Origin points reset to their actual starting cities but I haven't had any luck. That's a lot of money to spend fixing 16 year old characters.

I usually kill every single guard and killable NPC in CR when I use Origin out of spite, which helps sometimes, but I'd rather just be able to go to their real home cities.
  6. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Can't for the life of me figure out why the OP cares. When does origin city ever become a factor in anything? Seriously, it's important maybe once every few years.

Move on, and get over it.
    Nolrog likes this.
  7. Venea Journeyman

Yes, Race Change lets you reset your Origin point. I changed from a Dark Elf (made LONG before Serpent Spine), Origin point Neriak Third Gate, into an Iksar. And one of the drop down menus was Home City, Cabilis or Crescent Reach.
    Essentially, it gave me all the options I'd have when creating a new character, except point allocation, name, and appearance options. If your new race/class combo has a selection of deities, you can select it via a drop down (if there's only one option, it's the only option there, just like Character Select), likewise with Home City.
    So my Necro went from Third Gate to East Cab (or was it West? I always forget. Either way, top of the Necro tower.) I also got a brand new Guild Summons.

As for why the OP cares.... beats me. Must really have something against dragons, and thus their "offspring"
  8. Zhaunil_AB Augur

It's good to have confirmed that race-change lets you also reset the starting city - at least there's something for the 25USD.
    Can you race-change from DEF to DEF to JUST reset the starting city too? hehe...

I can relate to the "why".
    I always resented my first SHD because i "had to" origin him in CR, when he should have been in Neriak.
    Or when my Troll was exiled to Neriak because of those damn frogs, i went in and killed their guards just out of spite.
    It's a matter of.. immersion perhaps - or how attached you are to your character and his "history".
  9. Nolrog Augur

Well, if players have idiotic complains like this, then yeah, you're not going to get listened to.
  10. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Bottom line is if you pay you get your choice. If you don't pay you get Cresent Reach.
  11. svann Augur

Ive read that 3 times and I cant understand what you are saying. What's your problem?
  12. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

He is trying to start the Wayfarers Adventure Stone quest which starts at level 15 and tells you to go to your home city and speak to so and so. For some it is suggested to use Rath Mountain NPC if your home city is screwed up.

I think.

Anyway one of mine would not start till level 20 for some reason. So that could be it also.
  13. Tatanka Joe Schmo

From way back in the day, I do remember the Rathe Mt guy worked for everyone. I used it for all my various alts, so that I wouldn't have to remember (or find out) where to go with each alt of various races.

As with most things in this game, there's always more than one way to do what you need to do.
  14. Treiln Augur

Last time I paid attention to that quest, I thought you had to be 17 to start it.

As for the OP, Origin works just fine. It sends you back to your starting city. If you started in CR, then that's where your starting city is. Easy solution? Don't play a Drakkin, or manually select your starting city.
  15. Meaghan Stormfire Journeyman

The OP isn't talking about the Origin ability. He's complaining because he hates being forced to use Crescent Reach as his point of origin, i.e. his hometown, partially due to the issues it creates with trying to do the Wayfarer questline.
  16. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Per Alla: Once you reach level 15, you will receive a "mysterious message:"
    The problem is that if you are a returning player from years ago then your account may have defaulted to Cresent Reach. This bug happened when they made F2P and all the F2P started in Cresent Reach but when old accounts return it flipped in the system so it saw those as F2P and reset their starting city as CR. Hence the problem OP now has.
  17. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Which is why we mentioned (listed on that same web page: http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/quest.html?quest=2641) that you can also go to Rathe Mts. (turns out, West Karana, too). Then it doesn't matter where your home city is. And, besides this one quest, I don't think home city really matters.
  18. Fluid Augur

It would be too easy if you have PoK your origin so you can't. Throne of Heroes, if the original poster truly has been around for 10 years, is a close second.