Can we update dated paladin spells?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Mel The Evil one, Oct 14, 2017.

1. BrokedownPaladin New Member

I would like to see your group pull that off without using cooldowns. I'm mean I guess if you stack it will all dps.
  2. Teufelhunden New Member

Been in lots of group with pullers that want to chain pull but for some reason people think pallies can just magically hold aggro on 10 mobs at one time.
  3. Aziuno Augur

Again, my comments went way over your head.

What I was saying is, if you aren't killing fast enough where by the time you are stunning #6 that 1 or 2 is dead, then you are doing something wrong. In this case, you are pulling more than your group makeup can handle, and the issue isn't that you need AoE taunt, it's that your puller needs to pull less, or you need to trim the fat on your group makeup to up your DPS.

The issue is not Pally's taunt, or their desire for the game to be world of warcraft where all classes are treated equal.

EQ has pros and cons for each class, you need to play into those pros, and strengthen those weakeness in other areas.

I have grouped many times with Beastlords who easily tank 4 mobs, and they only have single target threat, and its not nearly as much hate as a Paladin.

Efficiency is key... Group makeup, and pulling in a fashion that your group can handle. Being able to hold threat on all the mobs in the zone won't be beneficial if you are at 1k combined DPS.

Paladins are fine.
  4. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

How is everybody missing the irony of asking for updates to spells on a TLP?

PS: SK4LIFE
  5. Machentoo Augur

Level 1, when you get your first heal spell. More ae aggro than warriors get until DoDH.
  6. Religious Elder

If we're talking in a traditional sense? Underfoot I believe it was. Beacon of the Righteous You said you play on Phinny? Make sure you're using Rune procs. Runes are still some of the best AE aggro knights get, and it comes with some additional damage mitigation.
    You use the phrase "Chain pull", did you mean train? A paladin can most certainly hold aggro on 10 mobs at a time, assuming that rather than being trained, they are in fact being pulled one after the other. A tank, of any class, will need to make good use of tab targeting to ensure they're picking mobs up as they're coming in, Warriors have the hardest time with this, while Paladins, Shadow Knights, and Rangers should never really suffer due to a lack of snap aggro. If we're talking AE aggro, a Paladin uses a heal or two as necessary (group heal if 2-3 members of your group are in combat and have roughly 60-70% Health). In situations where the tank has a larger than normal number of mobs on his person, the only other player that should ever pull aggro (assuming you're not dead) is your healer, and assuming your healer is a shaman or cleric with HoT's, they should do their best to ensure they're up given the mana to do so. (Near aggro free healing).
  7. Zinth Augur

but chain pulling != 10 mobs at the same time, that is a masspull, chain pull brings em in constantly at a steady pace... if ya masspull use a chanter?
  8. Zinth Augur

and then I agree the listed spells + more could use some tuning since melee dps outpaced it from when they were originally useful.
  9. BrokedownPaladin New Member

Nope paladin aren't fine. If I could transfer all my levels, aa's, gear, skills over to a warrior Shadow knight I would do it in a heartbeat. As a newer player I had no idea how bad this class sucks especially later in the game. Again if I wanted to be a group healer I would have just made it cleric because that would have been more valuable to a guild. Not sure why everyone's getting booty blasted that I would even suggest that palains get some type of AOE taunt/aggro like the other tank classes. And no, weak group heals and runes don't count.
  10. snailish Augur

A fair number of people have opposed "ability creep" in the game all along. "Class X cannot do this" was an original design feature that gives the classes flavor.

Interestingly, necromancers (as one example) had much of their utility/variety toolkit trimmed down for a time (mezzing of non-undead, self damage shield and some other lines don't get upgrades for a long time if ever comes to mind --though maybe necros can do everything again post Underfoot I haven't looked).

On the other hand, you can get lots of veteran enchanters going about how many classes have had mez and/or lulls "farmed out" to them in some form. Ditto for feign death/fading memories type skills...

Can a paladin tank? What situations does it tank well? Is the class at least the #3 tanking choice in most situations? As long as the answer is yes to these questions (accepting that some eras on progression may see movement in the ranking) then there is no problem.

As far as the specific spells in the OP... as with any spell or ability: if no player really uses it then it should be removed or adjusted to be useful, or replaced with something that would be useful.
  11. Aziuno Augur

It sounds like you don't like Paladins.

Why are you trying to make developers change a class into something you want when what you apparently want is available already? This would be wasting their resources.

This server it is super easy to level an alt up, re-gear that alt with decent gear, and now you have what you want and are enjoying the game again. Just have your guildies help you power level to 50ish, then join them in PAW as they destroy the zone. Once you are 65ish, as a group move to MPG and get 69, and then move to RSS. There are some decent group loot mob drops in both those zones, and you will get pretty fast EXP/AA's. Once your maxed level, go back and hit up some murmite gear, and then raid and pick up some weps..

Honestly though, it sounds like you hate selecting mobs and doing things.. You may want to look into an easier class that can soley rely on a macro... You could be a mediocre magician, all you need is 1 macro, /assist main, /pause #, /pet attack, /cast #, pause; cast #. Then you can 1 button warrior your way, which you seem to want.
  12. McJumps TLP QoL Activist

Honestly, it sounds like this person is not very high level, please do not encourage them to keep leveling at all. They should go play another game that has an "Easy" setting because obviously they don't want to put in any real work. Id prefer not to ever have to group with them, or have them App to my guild.

I am now speaking directly to the sad, pathetic paladin who might be the only pally on the entire Phinny server who can't hold aggro: You do not like this game. That's ok because you are not very good at it. Go find something you are more capable of playing and I think you will find the both of us are a lot happier :)
  13. Machentoo Augur

Thanks for confirming again that you have no clue about the things over which you are arguing.

Good paladins have no problems holding aggro on many mobs. I've seen them do it over and over again. Bottom line, learn your class better and take advantage of the tools you have, instead of dismissing them as inconsequential.
  14. Rainlover Augur

This!
  15. Rainlover Augur

as a druid currently. I can tell you heal is a great taunt, and i bet your group heal is even better. Pally's are one of the tanks I rarely ever steel aggro from.

as a warrior and ranger in the past, i can tell you that there are times and points that all tank classes shine, and there are time and points where they don't. its about learning to fill your role with the tools you have.
    snailish likes this.
  16. Jaime Lannister Augur

I agree with the initial OP.

Divine Favor and Flame of Light should have a use.
    They have updated spells with QoL buffs before for TLP, see no reason why these 2 couldn't. That aside, are these spells needed? Not really.

Paladin's are awesome.

As for the brokenpaladin guy. The play style you seem to want is clearly an SK. Make an SK.
    What AOE Taunts do SK's have on current TLP's? Do Warriors have one outside of an AA ability on a decent cool down? Are you arguing for future expansions?

Mem a few stuns, flash of light. Pop incoming with Stuns, Flash of light on the one you are melee'ing. You now have aggro on multiple npc's. If a few group members are losing hp, toss a group heal and you get some additional aggro. You can also root NPC's on incoming, to avoid them being there altogether.

You say if you wanted to heal your group, you would have chosen a cleric. Paladin is a Tank Cleric hybrid. so.. yeah, why pick a cleric hybrid if you don't want to do cleric things? Paladin group healers are awesome and their single heals are great in a pinch, specially come PoP, where their group/single target heals really start to shine.

Paladin's are Tank/Utility. Tied with Sk's for best single target aggro in game. Not as good as DPS or AE aggro as Warrior/SK. Instead they have utility via healing and a hp buff (and cleric buffs lacking a cleric) to compensate. I say again. Paladin's are awesome. You either do not enjoy the class, or are not playing it correctly.

Side note: To everyone calling group heals AE aggro. Stop. Group heals aren't even close to reliable as a means of aggro =p. They are more "bonus" aggro.
    snailish likes this.
  17. Aziuno Augur

From the mouth of Jamie Lannister himself, a valiant knight!
    Jaime Lannister likes this.
  18. Mel The Evil one Journeyman

Fix my spells please! Idk how this became a SK topic they have always been a strong class.
  19. Ravanta Suffer Augur

Speaking as an Agnarr player...delete the paladin and play a SK.

If you're a Phini player, delete the paladin and play a SK.

:)
  20. Coppercoz Augur

This. I was having trouble following the multiple mobs tangent. There is an entire class that is designed to handle multiple mobs. Paladin isn't it, though they do have some useful tools to help in these situations.