If levels are going to 110

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Lilura, Oct 14, 2017.

1. Lilura Augur

Then Heroic Characters need a bump to at least 95. At 85 they are useless, but at least they can group with a 105 character to level up. With people 110, they can't group with a heroic any more. At 95 they are good for something at least.
    Wizlard likes this.
  2. Cstoner187 Elder

30 level difference to get xp.... so up to 115 they can
    Tucoh and Tatanka like this.
  3. Venea Journeyman

Character level * 1.5 + 1. 85 can group with 128 (rounding down. 127.5 + 1), so new cap being 110 wouldn't matter.
    Granted, they won't be able to land anything, but when has that stopped good Samaritans that are only doing 4+2 anyway? (Hint, it won't stop the truly nice people. If you can get XP with me, come on over.)
  4. Naugrin Augur

There is a 30 level hard cap. Still good up to 115 though.
  5. Phrovo1 Augur

it's that formula with a max spread of 30
  6. Aurastrider Augur

I don't object to the idea but lets be honest a level 95 is going to be next to useless as well. With how hard mobs hit they will be dead in one hit, their dps will be worse than replacing them with a 110 caster or rogue merc and if they are a healer you better have some form of evac ready because odds are you are going down. If you actually are able to get into a grind group before 100 (105 more realistically) it means you are either boxing the low level toon trying to level them or have friends or guildies willing to help. Either way a good grind group will level that lowbie pretty fast in EOK. A day or two of grinding and you will be caught up in levels making this change not necessary. On the flip side it will get those who cant find groups to max level faster so they can maybe find a group. In the end nobody is going to see all these level 95 toons running around and think "hey that guy is going to be a great addition to our group" no more than they think that way about the level 85's. Adding strangers of this level to your group is usually out of charity or at the very least because you don't have a full group and want the group bonus xp from adding them.
  7. Llyweilun Journeyman

These days i find it reather strange that a real life player is calculated against a merc in the mechanics he/she brings to the Group. Now I do admit that i am surely guilty of this in the past and i do appologize to the People i burned in that regard.

EQ is an MMO and i always liked the idea of playing with other People opposed to Computer controlled npcs. But thats just me. Guess i am in the same category as Venea
  8. fransisco Augur

people are also calculated another way (but this isn't new). How they help vs loot.
    If your are successfully camping a drop, adding people just means you might miss that drop cause the new person wins it.
  9. Intenso Augur

would be shocked if it went to 110 alot of extra work and they cant even make most servers stable lol
  10. Venea Journeyman

Aha, no one ever told me about the cap. It was always just the formula. I guess that's why nobody ever invited me to Chardok when I was 74. Ha!
  11. baider Elder

heroic characters have been useless for awhile unless you got the free ones. It takes me arguably less time to make a character and level it to 85 than to work and make the money it costs for one with real life money. 90-105 is the time consuming part and even then....
  12. Tatanka Joe Schmo

And have all max skills, and some of the progression AAs, like those from OoW and DoN? And whatever else you get from a heroic char.
  13. Wizlard Augur

People usually say there's already too much for them to learn. It wad designed for Feerot, and other such things. I agree TS, they should already start at 90, and if level cap is increased 95.
  14. Ratbo Peep Augur

Not with me, it doesn't mean that at all.
    If I'm 3 Boxing named drops (Ranger / Chanter / Mage) I'll drop one or even two of the healer Mercs to add you for XP and loots overflow. The Rules.........
    (1) Rat has 1st call on the drops.
    (2) You ROLL against the Enchanter.
    (3) You take precedence over the Mage.
    (4) (Most importantly) I always commit to keeping the camp going until everyone there that wants the drop gets the drop.

-Rat -Who spent 4 days in the smelly Chardok Kennel till everyone that rotated into the group got the eyeball (aug) and the shades (face) if wanted. (Plenty of free Selrach's and RkII spells to go around, while trying for the drops.) And don't even ask me how many times I killed Zakija in the first 3 weeks of the expansion. I still kill it for sport now if it's on track - just to remind it "Who's your Daddy now beech!" (Poor Wurm made the mistake of wiping a (good) CTA group on opening night, 1st death in RoK)
  15. Ratbo Peep Augur

110 is not speculation - it's a certainty now.
    The new 110 Lobby Rez Sulstone appeared on Test already.
    -W
  16. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

I'm going to stay consistent on this one: I think adding 5 or 10 levels to Heroic Characters can make can make DBG a lot of money. Take our money so the game stays on.

What's your time worth to you? I'm betting it's worth more than $35.
    Ratbo Peep, Thrillho and fransisco like this.
  17. Thrillho Augur

Would be nice to see a bump up to 100 - equivalent to CotF. That leaves TDS, TBM, EoK, and now RoS to go through for content. Plenty of work to be done, and someone at level 100 would be more desirable for current groups than one at 95. And lets face it, most of the work for heroics isn't leveling, it's AAing, especially with the 10k added to EoK. We're not cheating ourselves by giving someone 15 extra levels if they want to pay for it.
  18. fransisco Augur

Not just AAing, but gear too.
    After you lvl them 15+ levels, they need an entire new set of gear.

There is alot of work to get the character even average for lvl 100
  19. Ratbo Peep Augur

I agree - bump the Heroics to 100 with AA to 100. Still plenty of work to do.
    -R
  20. Ofearl Slayer of all things Stupid

Since right now we are 85/105 for Hero/max level and will be going to 110, then Hero’s should go to 90, all spells available in PoK and with a new set of gear they wont be completely smashed when in a higher lvl zone.