Mages : new TLP section at the eqmagetower !

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Adonhiram, Oct 12, 2017.

1. Adonhiram Augur

Dear fellow progression mages,

Jedis from eqmagetower has opened a new TLP section which might be of some interest to us. I have started fueling it with papers (and Darkenr helps too on the pet stats project) I had on my PC since the return to TLPs in 2015 which I updated to reflect the current status (aggro changes, MotM, glory and fall of MotoW, revamp of RoZ and DDD, etc.). Maybe you'll want to add your own input about your TLP game experience - or just have a glance of what's available. I think it's important mage wisdom and knowledge doesn't sink into oblivion, we are writing for the future generations (I hope) :cool:

This new TLP section can be found here : https://eqmagetower.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=68
  2. Sera New Member

Thanks so much for this!
  3. Barudin_Phinigel Augur

Thank you for this!
  4. Classified Journeyman

Looks like I have some reading a head of me.
  5. Darkenr Elder

It's still very much a work in progress, but I've been working on grabbing the old information from an archived eqsummoners.com pet stats repository. Most of the data in there is still accurate to today's Mage Pet stats for the TLPs like max hps, min/max hit, pet level values based on focus level, etc. (HINT HINT DBG: Could use some pet balance updates for 65-70 pets to compete in today's Era of hp values, AC Mitigation, dps vs melee, etc) ;)

Things that are different in today's game are spell damages from the pets, hp regeneration, etc. Those items will need actual testing since the archive of eqsummoners is not accurate. I have many mages on the test server that I use for various sorts of parsing, and a mage I've copied down with almost every pet focus we'd use through the level 70 pets so I should have no problems getting accurate values to fill in those ??? spots. 71+ is all completely new territory that needs parsing from complete scratch, so that's a continued project after Adonhiram and I get done compiling everything from 1-70.

Here's the link to the Pet Stats page.

https://www.eqmagetower.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=4192&p=26442#p26442
    Adonhiram, snailish and Kattria Minx like this.
  6. Adonhiram Augur

Thanks again Darkenr, I am glad to see that there are still mages who are interested in "digging" deep into their class and who are united against the common sense 'mage = f8 + /pet attack + nuke'.

I have a question about MotOW, maybe one of you knows the final answer. Last patch notes I remember said MotOW is not suppressed but soften (by raising the cap of pets hitting the same target before it applies). However, I have yet to run into a situation where I see it triggering on PoP raid bosses which is the last expansion where it should apply (as is MotM, last stage of -10%), did I miss something ?

I have a second question about pet aggro transfer, as I think a post for the returning mage who comes to TLPs should cover this kind of things. The aggro transfer is permanent for raid bosses (will still apply after MotM is gone) and is active on live too ?

And last but not least, I admit I never zoned into the Arena on Ragefire, do TLP servers have training dummies for parsing ? I agree with Darkenr, we should collect more data also on the offensive side. On the emulation server The Imperium where I played a couple of months there were "offensive dummies" too to test your tankage, or your pet's tankage, does that exist here ?
  7. Machentoo Augur

No, unfortunately not. Test server only. Later on you can buy some to put in your house or neighborhood guild hall too.
  8. Adonhiram Augur

Thanks, Machentoo. If I /testcopy Adon, I can do that on test, right ? Even if the testserver is ahead in the expansions, I will have my PoP pets and be level 65 ?
  9. Machentoo Augur

You will, but some of the expansion specific nerfs will no longer be applied (since test is unlocked to current live expansion.) SO I don't think it is a great way to test TLP mage pets, unless you are either past whatever expansion finally ends all mage pet nerfs or super up to date on all the various changes.
  10. Adonhiram Augur

MotM is lifted with LDoN so pet melee and non-melee should be good.

I wanted to write a summary about MotM and new aggro rules for returning mages who discover TLP servers (I hope there are still some returning mages !), does someone have more specific tech info about the aggro transfer beside patch notes ?
  11. Darkenr Elder

It's still a decent way to test TLP Mages as the only changes mage pets have on TLP servers are the mitigation nerf which is lifted at LDoN, and then the changes caused by MoTM and Motow for classic-PoP raid bosses. Things like max hit, melee dps, max hps, etc are not changed at all no matter if in Classic or LDoN+. All of the stat info will be very accurate for any tier of TLP.

Also, all relevant pet statistic data from the eqsummoners archive has been pulled from that site and put into the new tables on the eqmagetower forums located at https://www.eqmagetower.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=4192&p=26442#p26442. This next week I'm hoping to find some time to start filling in some of those ??? values.
  12. Adonhiram Augur

TLP section on eqmagetower.com updated with a new thread explaining the use of Rage of Zomm and Dyzil's Deafening Decoy :

How to have three pets up !
  13. Adonhiram Augur

May I ask again if someone has more detailed info about the pet aggro transfer, the patch notes are extremely elliptic...

I would like to write a new thread for returning mages on progression about MotM and aggro rules, but to be of quality level, I should have more infos about the pet aggro transfer. Help please :)
  14. Accipiter Old Timer

Does anyone really do this? Is it mostly for soloers?
  15. Adonhiram Augur

Obviously more for soloers, but not only. I use it all the time in LDoN when the group has an unconventional class distribution (like one monk, three rangers, a druid and a mage /wave Kylln & Co) and I want pet and swarm pets to be the primary targets to minimize PC damage.

I also use -especially DDD because it lasts longer- these swarm pets to keep an add busy almost in every group configuration, allows more flexibility with the regular pet.
  16. Adonhiram Augur

Updated TLP section with a thread for returning mages about Mitigation of the Mighty (MotM), from Classic to PoP. I might have some lacking infos, if someone would be kind enough to post there and correct me for what's wrong or lacking please ?

https://www.eqmagetower.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=68&t=4206
    Sumonerr_Tunare likes this.
  17. Adonhiram Augur

Updated TLP section with a thread about the new pet aggro rules which might be confusing for a returning player (applies to necromancers and beastlords too of course).

NEW PET AGGRO RULES

Can a Phinny person please answer this question (Ragefire is still in LDoN and I have no evidence on what's the exact rule on "non-MotM raidbosses") :

• Specifically on MotM mobs/bosses ( see this post), the new aggro rule also implies the mob CANNOT target a pet and WILL target YOU if your pet is first on hate list. MotM is lifted in LDoN ; Adon can confirm trash raid mobs behave normally (pet can have aggro), but there is not yet evidence on how non MotM bosses behave. [Need input from mages on Phinny who are in later expansions] My guess would be that bosses cannot target pets, MotM or not, but requires proof.
    And for OoW+ purposes, can someone give his opinion about hate reducers and pet aggro transfer in later expacs please ?

NOTA : Later expansions from OoW onwards will offer AAs or items (epics 1.5/2.0, Silent Casting, etc.) with additional hate reduction. We need input from progression mages in OoW+ eras to evaluate if these help with the pet aggro transfer problem

And all mages should listen to Aelivaa, the <Darkwind> Shadowknight :

• Ah, I forgot, I also need to be the Voice of Aelivaa (the ubah austrian Shadowknight from <Darkwind>) and the Ambassador of Tanks United : professional tanks will get pissed at you if you keep taunt on all the time. Do yourself (and the mage's class image) a favor, hotkey your /pet taunt, and know when to toggle on (Ubah Aelivaa busy, add incoming and rushing cleric or chanter), and when to toggle off (Ubah Aelivaa gliding into mage-kos-mode because he has to compete with your pet to keep aggro on a single mob). Listen to all Aelivaas in the world and people will think you are ubah at controlling your pet, and tanks will be your allies...
  18. Adonhiram Augur

TLP section of eqmagetower updated with a thread about pet heal aggro. Applies to any summoned pet (necs, bst...). Unsure whether it's true for charm pets, need our enchanter friends to give their opinion.

Understanding Pet Healing Aggro
  19. Dilf Augur

Anyone have issues registering on the site? I'm getting "The solution you provided is incorrect."
  20. Adonhiram Augur

Hello Dilf ! I don't know, I am just a user of eqmagetower, but I'll send Jedis and Danille a pm and tell them there might me an issue.