Selling Krono's

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Dave, Oct 9, 2017.

1. Dave New Member

Hi All,

I am trying to sell Krono but as the price has now floated above 2m plat I was wandering what the accepted 'best way' of selling them was.

I dont want to annoy everyone in PoK with spam. Is there a particular channel folks use?
  2. Aurastrider Augur

Your best bet is general chat or try barter. 2 million is a fair price if you need plat now. Should be several buyers offering that. Otherwise just spam like the others selling rares and such.
  3. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

/general is pretty much the only avenue available to you (in game, at least). And you should shop around before committing. On Bristlebane, the "fair" price is 2.4 - 2.5 million.

Since the bazaar is broken and since there are so few players on live right now, the price has been locked there for a long time. Prices that don't change/inflate are broken, and are an indicator of a very unhealthy (or small) economy. For comparison, look at the price of Kronos on Firiona Vie, a very active server with a high population (4.8-5.5 million plat for a krono there).

Choose your server, and how you spend your money, wisely. If the value of Kronos does not go up, while other goods DO go up, your money is always devaluing.
  4. GothicCelt Lorekeeper

Just some idle thoughts ... I have always looked at Krono's as costing 1799 platinum (nee 17.99 USD) based on DB Cash of 500 given to Gold members ( :D ) each month. To see the greed inflate the Norrathian economy since Krono introduction has been disheartening. I am all for capitalism but this also has scared off many folks I know who had only just started the game.
    With that said, IMHO, if payers ( yes ... payers ) of our game looked at it in the eyes of conversion, maybe the insanity over Kronos pricing ingame would stop, price of ALL items comes to a reasonable level. This might also get more new members to stay and then we wouldnt have to worry about any EQ sunset or legacy status.

My flamesuit is on ...

:cool:
  5. code-zero Augur

I am not following, you can't convert DB Cash into platinum so what does the 500 DBC we get every month for All Access have to do with anything at all?

If anything outside of the game means anything then it'd be the relationship of in game plat prices for Krono to the relationship between black market Krono prices and black market plat pricing
    GothicCelt and Tatanka like this.
  6. GothicCelt Lorekeeper

When you yourself input 5 USD to the DBG Market it shows as 500 DBG Cash...DBG gives you 500 DBG Cash every month...hence, my own thougth process on Krono prices would be the 1799 plat price I came up with. I am by no means a math wiz just showing you what is running through my head.

As for blackmarket, you APPEAR to have more knowledge about that then I do ... remember, the Krono was conceived BECAUSE of blackmarket PLAT ...

Something on the sly you want to share ? You better not ...

7. code-zero Augur

Sly? Really? It's not hard to go to any internet search engine and do a search for "buy Everquest platinum" and see what pops up. Oddly enough when I did this I found that the blackmarket pricing of Krono to plat was about 175k/Krono

Do what you will with this information

In game any item is worth only what you can get for it and 1799 is WAY low
    GothicCelt likes this.
  8. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Or you could consider you are earning 480 loyalty points each month if your all access account is at least a year old. With that 480 points you can buy a bag of plat from loyalty merchant for 436 points. That bag contains between 12,000 - 15, 000 plat. From there it would take about 133 (?) bags to buy a krono which would be 11 years.
    More idle thoughts hereo_O
    code-zero and GothicCelt like this.
  9. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Nothing really surprising about it. For servers which are up to 18 years old, there's been a lot of time for a lot of players to generate a lot of plat. Those who play and farm the most, have generated more items to sell to their fellow players, and have gathered most of that plat. So, when Kronos come up for sale, those guys can outbid the others. Now, if you're selling a Krono, are you going to sell it to the guy offering (what he thinks is) a fair price, or the guy who offers more?

And how has it scared off new players? Wouldn't they be getting more plat for the Kronos they buy? Wasn't that they idea? To allow players to buy an item from DBG, for which they can get in-game plat?
    GothicCelt likes this.
  10. GothicCelt Lorekeeper

So , by my thought process, a blackmarket Krono is going for about 175 USD ... ten times as much as its actual cost. This only comes back around to the point of how the Norrathian economy is out there and scaring off new memberships ...

What your ignoring is that I was expressing only MY off the cuff thoughts. If you wont attempt to even listen to the other sides ideas (not rules regulations or bull****) then you are hoeing a very long road.

At least entertain this bizarre fuzzy BHO math I am sharing with the world ....

11. GothicCelt Lorekeeper

Hmm ... I like your input CatsPaws ... I find that math amazing ! Thank you !

12. Smokezz The Bane Crew

175USD per Krono eh? I like your math. Wanna buy some Krono!?

This thread has gone off the rails, as usual.

For the OP... /j general and tell them you're selling a Krono. You'll sell it pretty quickly.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  13. Scorrpio Augur

The prime fault in your logic is that DBC has absolutely zero correlation to in-game plat. If you could explain where you get the weird idea that 1 plat = 1¢ USD, it might make more sense.

DBC is a completely isolated currency that is completely controlled by the company in pricing, marketplace costs and rate of award. It is not exchangeable between players and most you can buy with it are also non-exchangeable. About only thing loosely relating it to plat is LoN cards that you can buy with DBC. And those are more like a lottery. You can get a rare and desirable illusion/mount/merc/ornament that can easily sell for more than a mil, or some stuff nobody will pay even 10pp for.
    Gyurika Godofwar and code-zero like this.
  14. svann Augur

Its not greed. If someone offers 1799 plat and other people are consistently buying them for 2.3M plat it would be foolish to take the 1799 offer. Honestly, would you?
  15. Dave New Member

Hi all,

I gently advertised in PoK never more than once per 20 mins so not to annoy folks. It sold quickly for 2.3m plat (on Bertox).

Cheers for the advice.
  16. Cleaver Augur

no clue where you got the 1799 plat from your way makes no sense :)

A proper way would be to see how much plat you generate per hr when killing stuff/doing quest. krono is 17.99 if you dont make 2-3m plat an hr you should just go back to work since an hr of work would yield more kronos :)
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  17. Aurastrider Augur

Its this very reason why I stopped chasing the krono. I spent two years farming like a champ to pay for my accounts. After evaluating my time spent farming instead of progressing my toons and having fun instead of stressing over making enough plat to play the game for free essentially it made absolutely no sense. Hundreds of hours or more spent focusing on earning plat to buy a krono so I could play for free when I could have spent a fraction of that time working a couple extra shifts and paid for all my subs and been done with it. If I get enough plat to buy one just through playing than great. I see obtaining one now more as a bonus to playing instead of my objective to playing.
    moogs likes this.
  18. Kogmaw Lorekeeper

2mil plat? jesus h christ...gont up by 2000% since I played last...
  19. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

/chuckle...you are a year and a half late to this conversation.

But good news! The price of kronos on Bristlebane has actually dropped to match the /bazaar's broken cap.

That's sarcastic, by the way. It's actually terrible news that highlights how few people are bothering to buy or sell kronos on standard live servers, even in the middle of the 20th anniversary.

On the other hand, I made a couple of kronos on the selos server without even trying. A week of casual play to level 49, then knowing when to cut losses and cash out. Hooray for TLPs and free economies!

#fixthebaz
  20. Scorrpio Augur

There is a fairly good reason for krono depreciation. RoS introduced some insane plat sinks into the game.. We had TBM and EoK which had practically no plat sinks, so plat reserves were huge. Look at most conflagrant and muhbis recipes. They often require over 12kp per attempt assuming no subcombine fails. EoK, you looted a Selrach's piece, clicked it and got your gear. RoS, looks like you need a 40k component to upgrade one item to Scale Touched. New type 3 augs at 30k a pop as well...