What are the needed changes in current day EQ?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Bronut, Sep 10, 2017.

1. Scorrpio Augur

Auto-follow: it is ok in more open areas, but looks like any place with more elaborate geometry, characters get hung up on every.... single... doorframe.

Raid banner would be awesome. With port to raid banner button in raid window.

Advanced loot: swappable loot preference lists. Also some sort of boxing mode where anything on master looter AG/AN list is autolooted like in solo, anything on his NV list is left on corpse and rest is set to free grab?

An upvote on achievements: bring up a list of things related to the zone I am in. Also a nice option to bring up achievements related to mob I have targeted (slayer hunter conqueror)

Partial raid currency payouts for interim raid targets. Same way you earn some marks in HAs on step completion with a big chunk on task completion. Any time there is a chest opened, award some currency to all in-zone raiders.

A mode for mercs to focus on group MA target. A common(for me) scenario: two unmezzable mobs pulled. Tank merc latches onto mob 1. My druid is MA and has mob 1 targeted. My chanter targets mob 2 and punts it away from group. Tank merc goes chasing mob 2. ARGH. I want a mode where as long as MA is on mob 1, mercs stick to 1 like glue regardless of what else is going on.
    If MA changes target to an invalid rarget (non-mob, mezzed mob, mob not aggroed on group), mercs stick to current target.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  2. CrazyLarth Augur

would love a clicky to raid banner that way if your not in the guild you can one click to the raid banner since you can't bind in the Guild.
  3. Brohg Augur

That's not how HA currency works. ...but is how raid currency already works. What are you going for here?
  4. Hingabe Augur

Really, I think it would be cool if they had mercs for all of the classes that they already have NPCs for. If my favorite classes to box were war/cleric/rogue (and/or wiz) I'm forced to choose mercs that make my group kinda flavorless
    IblisTheMage likes this.
  5. Hingabe Augur

Also.. How about those agents of change? It sure would be nice to have a shot at some old content without fighting permafarmers etc. You could double the lockout timer as far as I'm concerned.
  6. Gialana Augur

When DBG announced they would stop including the old expansions' keyrings with new expansion purchases, I expected people would have to pay the $15 (I think it's 15) to unlock on a single character. However, they later said the $15 would unlock the feature for the entire account. I haven't actually tested this since I don't even use the keyrings on my account which has them. Having to pay extra to unlock these features is still cheesy, but not as bad as I expected.
  7. Aurastrider Augur

If you use shrink on the toons following and think of your crew like a semi truck it is not to bad. If you know you have to turn left make sure you hang right and advance out of the doorway as far as possible before you turn left for example. I am not sure how they could make follow work better in these situations without making the toons who are following actually stack on top of the lead toon which would be difficult to do without making all toons have the same run speed. The easiest thing for in door zones especially those old ones with narrow halls is to have a mage in group and just have them move to camp and COTH.
  8. Hingabe Augur

I'd love to have a reverse coth spell for my mage.. so I can run my bard to the camp, reverse coth to port the mage to my bard, then regular coth the others
  9. Aurastrider Augur

Like a mage summoned COTH pot. That would be interesting to say the least. Mage can summon a coth pot that is lore and temporary but tradeable and give it to another toon who can then move and coth the group.
  10. Cicelee Augur

El oh el.

I have a mage main and a bard box, and what you propose basically trivializes any danger or risk involved with moving from point A to point B. Might as well make all monsters not see invis at that point...
    IblisTheMage, code-zero and Vdidar like this.
  11. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

Please do one of two things or both: make buffs count down in PoK again and/or disable all nimbuses and Hero's Forge in PoK. The lag is really out of hand, need to move some bodies out and save us some loading data.
  12. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

I feel silly not including this too: Mercs auto suspend in PoK.
  13. Aurastrider Augur

Not sure about this crazy lag in POK but you can adjust your graphics to lessen the load on your end. I can run a dozen toons through POK without any lag unless the game itself is experiencing lag. Turning mercs off in POK also seems like extra micromanagement for players. I can only imagine the number of people who run through POK to use a portal and forget to turn their merc back on and bite the dust because their merc is not up or turned to passive. There is already an option to make your merc auto passive if you are afk. Basically there are options in place on the user end already to help with this stuff so there is no reason to bring extra time sinks into the game via rebuffing and merc management.
    Tatanka likes this.
  14. svann Augur

If you set "hide afk players" in options that goes a long way to ridding yourself of lagpile lag.
    code-zero likes this.
  15. Thraine Augur

we need a parcel guy in the lobby.

also wish there was a toggle on/off mounts .. or at least let the exhaust of those flying machines fall under spell effects so we can turn that off somehow
  16. Gyurika Godofwar Augur

I don't know if they can code the abilities into a merc but at least make buff bots in the guild lobby or guild hall.
  17. Leigo You come here often?

Please give all pet classes a pet inventory window! Mercs have it.. if only to show their gear and hp!! please!!!
  18. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

I raid, I'm not touching settings, ever so I miss an aura or what not and kill myself or others on said raid. How the settings are right right just work. I want things to just work without fiddling with it every 5 minutes.
  19. Aurastrider Augur

Then you can see how the guys on the other side of this don't want to be flipping their mercs on and off and rebuffing because others don't want to adjust their settings. Maybe a happy middle ground would be to have different setting layout features that you can save. Maybe have your raiding settings that you can save and non raiding and toggle them on and off with a box. That way it still falls on the user end since these options are already in place and yet does not make it a task to figure out every box to check or uncheck each time.
    svann likes this.
  20. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

how about more reliable servers FV down again getting old.

Andarriel