Click items from within bags?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Sn00ps, Oct 5, 2017.

1. Sn00ps Journeyman

Sorry I'm new to TLP servers but I've noticed that we are unable to click items from within bags like they can on live servers. Is this by design or a mistake? seems like a very huge QOL change we could really use.
  2. Machentoo Augur

It's by design, it's been requested hundreds of times, and so far the devs have not conceded.
  3. Funk Augur

That's part of the classic experience and is by design. I'm not sure what expansion that changed in but will look into it. If it's after PoP then Agnarr will probably stay that way, if that happens to be the server you are on.
  4. snailish Augur

There's a few QOL changes that remain era-set that should be wide open. My incomplete list:

-click from bags
    -extended target window
    -any other UI improvement...
  5. Sn00ps Journeyman

It would hardly change the "classic experience" by allowing us the feature. We have many other features which completely destroy any classic experience such as maps, more bag slots, weightless money, shared bank slots, more bank slots etc etc.

So I think allowing us to click items from within bags is hardly going to change the classic experience, it's just a quality of life change that should have been there from the games release and likely would have if they knew how to code it back then.
    JustACleric likes this.
  6. Nolrog Augur

Veil of Alaris
  7. Machentoo Augur

Extended target window is more than just a QOL improvement, it really is a game changer. Both for cc and for raid targeting. I am in favor of it being added but it really isn't in the same category as click from bags, which truly is just qol.
    PathToEternity and snailish like this.
  8. Adonhiram Augur

Click from bags is RoF client iirc. And I totally agree with the OP, +1 on that request. If we have parcels, non naked death/no CR, bank slots etc. etc., why not clicking from bags ?
  9. -wycca Augur

It's been asked for years. DBG is really good about giving us QOL improvements and I know they're aware of these threads/requests. I suspect that the problem in doing so lies elsewhere, and isn't a simple switch that they can flip (ie code time & effort would be my first guess).
    Adonhiram likes this.
  10. Soon Augur

I will buy another 2 40-slot bags if they give us this feature.
  11. Aziuno Augur

Buff Blocking is one close to my heart.
    Chatoyan and Finchy like this.
  12. Barudin_Phinigel Augur

Wtb clicking from bags and buff blocking
    Finchy likes this.
  13. Risiko Augur

Bandolier as well
    Chatoyan and snailish like this.
  14. malaki Augur

Both of these things would be great and very convenient.
  15. Ngreth Thergn Developer

I have no comment on the other "QoL" change access requests in this thread.
    But extended target window... we agree with Machentoo. Extended target window is not a simple QoL feature, but a game changer.
  16. Finchy Augur

Why won't you comment on the QOL changes we've been asking for, for way too long? Can we at least know the reason you guys don't want to push them to TLP servers?
  17. Karhar Dream Crusher

Buff block is coming soon, so is bandolier, but click from bags and Fellowships is what im missing a lot of times
  18. Kahna Augur

If I had to hazard a completely wild guess, as I have no affiliation to the game and have never worked on it, or any other game. I would guess that it's because click from bags is tied to an expansion. As in you bought the expansion you could click from bags, no expansion, no click. It would appear that the basic system they use to lock things on TLPs is a modification of the system that flags what expansions an account has purchased. They would have to try to separate the clicking from the expansion and that is probably not worth it to them from a cost benefit standpoint.

Personally, I think bag clicking would be the very best Christmas present DBG could give us. I'll take bag clicking over double exp.
  19. Barudin_Phinigel Augur

Ngrethhhhhhh take pity on us. Plz.
  20. Marek-EQ Lorekeeper

I have three inventory slots dedicated to clickies. Those slots could be filled with bags purchased from Daybreak. Alas, I have to have my clickies and since I cant click from bags, well, I will spend my monies on other games instead of on bags from Daybreak.