What are the needed changes in current day EQ?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Bronut, Sep 10, 2017.

1. Erydan Ouragan Journeyman

What i would like is not within the game itself. It would be on this website.

A database. Not for quests or raids, that should be left for the players to figure out, but for spells/skills/abilities.

I'm tired of having to decipher and guesstimate when do i get this spell, how does it stack, which focus is it affected by, how much damage does it do at level 58, can this be MGB'ed, etc.

I want complete information, in a way that's easy to understand.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  2. svann Augur

How about cleaning up the merc code? Mercs sometimes just stop healing for no apparent reason.
  3. OlavSkullcrusher Augur

Along the same lines, I would like to see a way to camp directly to a different character without having to go back to character select. /camp <character name> is how it works in EQ2

I'm playing this game right now after several years in EQ2, but there are a lot of things done better in EQ2. Some of those things did find their way to EQ, but not everything. Some of my list are a bit too fundamental to change now, but I feel like listing them anyway.

• Tradeskills in EQ2 are a fundamental part of how the game economy works and are planned out carefully, rather than something tacked on. Gear and utility items crafted using basic materials are the bottom rank of a tier's power scale (handcrafted). Next comes random drops from common mobs (treasured). Then better drops from soloable/moloable named (legendary). Mastercrafted is just a small bit better than legendary, usually. It uses more rare and/or difficult to obtain materials. Then you have the drops from group-required named and sometimes random drops during raids (fabled). There are higher tiers, mythical (raid drops?) and ethereal (super rare random drops), but I never saw those myself.
      • One of my pet peeves with EQ tradeskills is the "best in slot that uses all tradeskills" item like the PoP Aid Grimmel quest or the current Artisan Prize. I hate these because of the poor development of other items for the game economy as mentioned above.
    • No corpse runs or exp loss, but armor damage and experience debt as the death penalty.
    • Druid rings and wizard spires can be activated by anyone. Druids and wizards are less needed, though they are still the only ones that can cast ports from anywhere, but I like that mechanic as opposed to the tossed-in feel of travel conveniences for non porters in EQ. (PoK stones, guild hall ports)
    • Guild hall features - this is where EQ2 really outdoes EQ. The "amenities" that you can get for your guild hall are generally really useful and cool. The harvest depot (tradeskill item repositories that anyone in the guild can use, with different access levels set), collectibles depot, etc.
    I could go on, but that's enough for now. ;)
  4. Claan Elder

Bring back EQPlayers:)
  5. Gremin Augur

Stable servers, able to login and not have lag/hiccups.
  6. Questoften32 Augur

Sounds like your trying to make eq into eq2 diet. Also to take away from class identity. Maybe you should just go play eq2 its more or less like that. You want to take away the everquest flavor as well it seems. It dose not need to be that much of a generic mmo. Eq would be a joke if these changes were made, the aa changes are already getting it there. People come back to eq when they need a rest from that ultra consolidated simple minded, slick bs.
  7. Tatanka Joe Schmo

For some of the suggestions, yes. But there are a TON of EQ2 things which could be implemented without changing the flavor of EQ2:

Camp to a different char
    Show all chars on account in one list
    Cast-through of spells. Detris cast on a friendly land on his target, Benis cast on a mob land on its target, etc. As a class which casts a lot of each type of spell, this is the change I'd most like to see.
  8. Questoften32 Augur

*Agreed* On the user Technical end.
  9. Wolrok Elder

10. GoneFission Augur

I'd like to see expanded fellowships also, and maybe allow campfires with 2 in zone. If not that, allowing a guild standard with 2 or 3 players in zone. Letting the same device port to either campfire or guild standard would be nice.

Enough with the nerfs. And quit merging AA lines. The low hanging fruit has been harvested, and you're starting to kill useful functions. And leave AA hotkeys for removed AAs with a gray title so I know what I need to fix.

Only named or raid targets summon. For crying out loud, even the Tempest Temple CRABS summon. That's been taken too far.

Remember a strength of this games used to be support of many play styles. Let's keep it that way.
  11. eqzekisdead Augur

If they added cash shop items as NODROP items in game you could farm I think that would add a lot of fun to the game.

There are a ton of weapon illusions and mounts I thought would be fun to have but I cannot justify spending $100+ for cosmetics on a 4th alt I occasionally play. I would go and camp the mobs in game for them if I was bored though.
  12. Sokon Augur

13. Sokon Augur

I think the find window and artisan's prize were recent changes that added some life to the game. I really liked the idea built into the artisan's prize stats, awesome thing to add. Really supports replayability.

I'd like something to be added that allowed the players to gain benefit from old worn effect items that they are no longer using, items with effects such as epics, the recent wurmslayer, the proc belts and proc shields.

Give us a function, similar to Kanai's cube in Diablo III, that allows us to use these worn effect item effects by another means other than regular gear slots. There are so many of them and doing this wold add even more replayability to the game.
  14. Aurastrider Augur

I actually enjoy mobs that summon when doing older content it just means I don't actually have to move my toon most of the time. Blast a mob and get summoned, kill everything, target next mob get summoned and repeat. I have done this around an entire zone with little to no movement on my part.

I would up vote extending the number of players in a fellowship all day long. At this point why even have a limit? If I could add all my alts to my fellowship it might get me to play them more and the more alts you play the higher odds you end up spending more money in the store on cosmetic upgrades and mounts. There is only upside imo by making this change.
  15. Angahran Augur

Bring back EQIM.
    Brohg and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  16. Claan Elder

Stop the server lag/crashing.
    Bring back EQPlayers.
  17. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Wow, I had actually completely forgotten about EQIM!
  18. Brohg Augur

It would be nice if there were a convenient way to look at "local" achievements. Mercenary/Partisan/Hunter for the current zone, Explorer for adjacent ones.
  19. Kyzvs Augur

More silver options for those of us with enough disposable income but not much time :)

I would happily pay a moderate-high fee to unlock aa levels, prestige etc on my toons - even if it were quite expensive ($15-20 per 250aa, $50+ for prestige), it would be okay for me as I may go a couple of months without having the time/inclination (steam sales!) to play properly so even if it is cheaper, it feels worse to me that I'm paying for time I'm not using and as far as I'm aware, I can't pause a 6-month sub.
  20. Lily Augur

Sell type 3 augs in PoK or guild hall.
    Gyurika Godofwar and Metanis like this.
  21. Hingabe Augur