Pet gear

Discussion in 'Casters' started by Hingabe, Oct 3, 2017.

1. Hingabe Augur

I was gathering together a list of things that would be considered premium pet gear, but it's all CoTF era. Here's the list, but what would some current upgrades be?

Blade of eternal tempering x2
    Ancient ritual mask
    Arx mentis stud (x1)
    Forgotten relic necklace
    Combine soldier's ring (x1)
    Cloak of the past
    Timesplitter throwing axe
    Dimensional warrior:
    Chest
    Legs
    Arms
    Gloves
    Boots
    Helmet
    Shoulders
    Belt
    Bracer (x1)

I realize the EM focus cloak would be replaced with this setup, but from what I've read, the EM cloaks switched from mod2s to heroics. The mod2s are now replaced on the gear, as well as the heroics being made up for, plus ac/hp/etc in surplus with this setup.

I was trying to stick with craftables because castaway can be slow to get, but I'm keeping my mind open. :)
  2. Sancus Augur

Due to subsequent changes, EM cloaks are very important, you absolutely don't want to replace it.
  3. Hingabe Augur

You're definitely right, i overlooked the 24% mitigation focus on the em24
  4. Duhbeast Augur

Yeah this is a good list. I don't normally give him a cloak, but I do replace one of the blades with a brightblade from magician cauldrons. It has a nicer dmg proc on it but sacrifices ac/hp/stats.
  5. kinadafz Augur

I'm so confused. I thought I read, repeatedly, that pet gear does nothing now but your weapons. What should I be giving my pet when summoned besides weapons?
  6. Bobsmith Augur

I use all that but I use rune axes and the field splitter bow for range item. And no cloak!!! as far as I remember the back slot is best as summoned with appropriate an earring.....correct me if I'm wrong sancus.?
  7. Duhbeast Augur

What it sounds like is you're a magician (which is the only pet with the auto gear). What they are comparing the auto gear to, is the same gear that magicians summon. This gear we are discussing is way better than the current magicians summoned gear, so they accept the gear, even though they are already equipped with mage summoned gear when summoned.
  8. Duhbeast Augur

Why rune axes?
  9. Hingabe Augur

The sk/paladin axe crafted from Ethernere stuff has a rune proc. Rune protects pet, and angers the mob, but on allakhazam it only showed the rune protecting 700dmg if I recall correctly. Brightedge from mage cauldron has a bigger dmg proc, but I think I prefer the aggro swords so I can do more personal dps without pulling aggro, unless using water pet, then brightedge all the way.
  10. Bobsmith Augur

Bc rune is heal/agro and necro pet dps is laughable so...yea
    I will use anger proc swords just tend to notice better results with rune ones. YMMV
  11. Duhbeast Augur

I wonder how much delay do anything to pets, is it just if the delay is lower than their natural attack speed?
  12. Bobsmith Augur

Iirc pets totally ignore delay
  13. Hingabe Augur

Correct, weapon delay will not effect the pets attack speed. The only relevance delay on a weapon has is, it will throw away any weapon, if given one with a lower delay. Best bet is giving a pet whichever weapon has the best stats and proc for its use.
    While we're on the topic, as much as I used to absolutely love stun proccing weapons, I feel like there are too many stun immune targets to make them superior vs rune, aggro, or high dmg procs. I'd like to get my hands on 2x heal target of target proccing pet weapons though, I think that would be pretty sweet for both pet tanking and non pet tanking
  14. fransisco Augur

Technically, a pet will use the damage on a weapon if it is higher than the pet's hands (newbie pets do great with rusty 2h weapons for example).
    However, after your lowbie levels, most weapons have a lower damage than the pet's default attack does,
  15. Joules New Member

If I am just using my Mage soloing and not boxing I sometimes give my earth pet a wavecrasher from sirens grotto the slow proc helps alot
  16. Feljar New Member

17. Gommy Journeyman

Sorry to ask the dumb question, but what are you guys talking about with the EM 24 cloak?
  18. Hingabe Augur

Were talking about the cloak of enhancement xxiv (24) that is auto equipped on your pet when it's summoned using em24 focus earring.
    I've read conflicting points on pets using hate focus mask. Some say it works others say it doesn't.
    I thought slow proc weapons all got the no pet tag?
  19. Ironnuts Journeyman

I have a box team of lvl 95 mage necro shaman. I am a tradeskiller. If plat is no issue disregard this.

I use the tailor made Cronomage set of armor instead of dimension warrior. Each piece of dimension uses at least 2 steel ingots. I can never have enough of those while Etherner essence and leather rolls are not a problem. Ingots drop when they drop ya can’t really farm them afik. They are approx 500-700 plat on xegony. So dimensional is kinda a non~starter for me.

Also a question does what you guys say about do not use cloak of the past. If you are only using 92 group EM item to Summon pet or for the necro and shaman pet? Does that still stand?
  20. Azorin Journeyman

I feel if the "EM cloak" from pet power focus is so important, it should be coded so that pets will not accept any cloaks. I have both necro and mage pets that I have been giving the defiant cloaks (from Teek daily tasks), but stopped doing so recently. My pets are only EM16 focused but I think the same issue applies to both classes.

Cloak of Enhancement xxx: has no AC so any item with AC will override it is my understanding. I recall reading it also has a melee mitigation % but not shown on EQresource.

Cloak of Enhancement XVI

[IMG] Magic, Temporary
    Class: All
    Slot: Back

Strength: 0 + 74
    Stamina: 0 + 35
    Intelligence: 0 + 35
    Wisdom: 0 + 35
    Agility:0 + 35

HP Regen: 121
    Mana Regen: 81