The #1 reason people leave a TLP...

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by HoodenShuklak, Oct 5, 2017.

1. HoodenShuklak Augur

is simply because a new server opened up.

What will it be?
  2. Machentoo Augur

Source?

Not sure Ragefire and Lockjaw alone beat out all the players that ultimately left Combine, Sleeper, Fippy and Vulak.
  3. Seliris New Member

Because its stuck in Kunark? they should really rename Kunark "The TLP killer" I cant believe how its dwindled the Agnarr community.

They really need to figure out a way to roll out kunark at launch, or speed it up on these TLP servers.

I'm hopeful people come back for Velious, but once people take a break from EQ its hard to come back.
    PathToEternity likes this.
  4. KPW99 Lorekeeper

The funny part is PoP kills servers way more than Kunark ever did. Have fun Agnarr
    Communist Puppy likes this.
  5. Fibgirl Lorekeeper

RIP Agnarr! All ways a tragedy to lose one so young. 8(

Phinny for life!
  6. kexor New Member

Sooner or later you will run into a situation where either
    a, You need support
    b, Get overrun by the toxic atmosphere on DBG TLP

I been playing EQ since about 2000 and with the quality decline under current leadership i cant find a reason not to leave Daybreak TLP and go to a free server offering the same content better service and better price.
  7. Kloven Elder

Toxic atmospheres on TLP's are due to the players. Other games have toxic atmospheres on their servers as well. I do think the faster a TLP "progresses" (i.e. 3 months per expansion, no vote) the greater the toxicity since so many players will compromise others to be first "in era". Beating the content and then player voting indirectly helped the RF community as early on you had a sense we're in it together on our server.
  8. Spyder73 New Member

TLP servers should launch Velious era 100% of the time. Agnarr should have launched Luclin era.

Instancing kills TLP servers
  9. AgentofChange Augur

Wouldn't expect a new tlp until the spring by the earliest
  10. Questoften32 Augur

They just need to remove the competition element on epics, while playing on certain TLP servers out of practical considerations.

This, to end the unique opportunity for abuse of intended play that has been created here. This being done, in keeping with the spirit of the game.

A special change, on a special rule-set server.

Epic 1.0's are a pretty major thing. People reading about these issues others are having may be reluctant to play on these servers because of them.

Because of the special nature of the 1.0 quests, non-bypassable obstructions could be viewed as a block to character progression.
  11. Risiko Augur

Agnarr seems just fine to me. Maybe we have differing views on what signifies a dead server.
  12. Machentoo Augur

It does? The instanced servers seem to be doing just fine so far.
  13. Febb Augur

Instancing kills TLP servers? What planet are you from?
  14. Raltar Augur

I can't speak for the other TLPs, but Ragefire has little to no toxic elements among the player base.
  15. Intelliment New Member

Look, I have to agree. The instancing thing should be turned off, too late for Agnaar, but it would be nice to see a TLP with old school rules.

I would abandon whatever im playing to move to a TLP that does that.
  16. Machentoo Augur

If only there were some servers like that.
    Kattria Minx and Zanarnar like this.
  17. RandomStrategy Augur

Dig deep in these forums and you will see the terrible world that was (I haven't been on it in a long time) Ragefire.
    Machentoo likes this.
  18. Risiko Augur

Ragefire isn't a raging sesspool today because the vast majority of the population left the server when Phinigel was released. That's not to say that everybody that went to Phinigel (and then Agnarr) are bad people. I'm just saying that the population was too large for the content available. The population that is still there just happens to fit the content available in my opinion.
  19. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

Because Ragefire has "little to no" population? Which means almost no forced competition for resources and zones?

I think the biggest issues I saw with Agnarr (I'm now in the camp that it is declining quickly) are overpopulation and a content release schedule that is too slow:
    • /picks need lower thresholds and groups should have the ability to open private picks. We pay to play the game and see the content, not wait in line while every player on the server camps a ground spawn or a hand-in NPC.
    • Classic was great...for about 2 months. Kunark is too much of a lateral expansion to give it 3 months. Most of the bosses were killed by guilds that didn't even need to hit level 60 first, while wearing the same gear they got during Classic. Kunark has some fun and compelling quests (epics, keys), but those are all but ruined by overpopulation and ridiculous spawn timers.
    People say that Velious is supposed to be better, but I will be hard pressed to come back for it, if it is anything like the Kunark mess.

TLDR: I suggest: Private /picks and a faster expac release schedule.
  20. Kattria Minx Augur

Once all the bad eggs left for Phinny/Agnarr, or just got tired of being trolls and quit EQ altogether, Ragefire turned into a (mostly) drama free server. Right around the end of Velious things just got so much better.

Many of us Ragefire folk really wanted instancing, and it was a real blow when DBG opened up instancing on Phinny but made it truebox. I still miss our guildmates that left for Phinny. :( So I agree that while a lot of the trolls left for Phinny, a lot of good folks left too.
    Ethereal likes this.