[agnarr] Emergency Vote

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by an_ogre_monk00, Oct 2, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kahna Augur

I personally expect Agnarr's population to nose dive 6 months after PoP launch (LDoN is awful and isn't going to keep people logging on). I also don't expect them to offer any transfers, as the only way a PoP locked thing is ever going to work is if you lock characters on it. It's only draw is that you can come back 6 month or 2 years later and pick up where you left off. Can't do that if you let folks leave.

I fully plan on bailing after things start going south. Yes, and leave my characters with all their time gear rotting on Agnarr forever. Two years is a nice run of entertainment. I have already met a bunch of great folks and I am sure I will meet more. I am even betting a few of us splinter off and go play something else when the time comes to put Agnarr to bed. It's an event server, with a very long event. I will have fun getting them to where the end up and then I'll go do something else. Never understood why some folks have such a hard time walking away from a character. I can't even count how many characters in all the games I have played that I have walked away from, never to play again. There is always more fun to be had around the corner.
  2. an_ogre_monk00 Elder

No sensible person is going to do that in 2017. No one should. And in light of evidence, people are slacking off after under a dozen times. It's time to move on.
  3. McJumps TLP QoL Activist

It is hilarious to watch the few ill-informed people go on about how they will transfer off Agnarr to Phinny when Agnarr locks.

No. You won't. You are stuck there. Forever. (or at least until its too late to matter)

Don't believe me? Vulak and Fippy JUST now merged. How many days late and dollars short was that? Way to go DBG, Im sure the 3 people on Vulak are happy. They will allow transfers to Phinny when Phinny is caught up to live, and not a day before is my guess.

Have fun on your Krono-farm, garbage box, prison server. You will be there a very long time.
  4. Aurastrider Augur

I really never understand posts like these. You join a server with known rule sets including unlocks for expansions. You know the content that is going to be provided with each unlock assuming you have done this content before. You should already know what unlocks are going to be your favorites and which ones are going to provide you with the most or least amount of challenge, rewards, experience and overall fun game play. So now you are at a point where you don't enjoy the content for any number of reasons so you want the community to just hit the fast forward button to make you happy? What about the people still progressing through the content or who really enjoy the content. The server should just blow them off and move on leaving them behind if they decide they want to continue to advance or enjoy these areas? Its one thing to call for changes due to exploits and such but to tell others that its time to move onto the next expansion because you are bored is pretty much bs. Take a break, roll a toon on another server or just relax and keep on keeping on. I mean seriously the server will be perma locked soon enough and then what? Are you going to ask for the server to continue to progress because you are bored beating the same expansions over and over?
  5. McJumps TLP QoL Activist

Oh, you didn't know? These people pay upwards of TENS OF DOLLARS A MONTH and therefore if anything they do not like is going on they think they can scream "PAYING CUSTOMER" and expect the game to morph into something more acceptable to their delicate palate.

The thing is, no one cares about your couple dollars a month. It does NOT give you the right to have the game changed for you. Just quit, and if enough people do it, maybe something will change. You should hold your breath until then, just in case.
  6. Kolani Augur

LDoN raids aren't even worth it if you can clear Time, the rvr isn't there.
  7. Aurastrider Augur

I highly doubt they are going to make a change of this nature. If we stop and consider what the percentage of actual players are that even read these forums let along post on them its pretty insignificant in numbers I imagine. The forum warriors don't always represent the collective voices of the customers even if we some times think they do. Maybe the next server will just unlock all the expansions from the start so people can pick which expansion they like to play best... Oh wait they already have over a dozen of those.
  8. Prathun Developer

Daybreak Games Forum Guidelines

2) Communicate constructively
    - It is important for any communication, whether between players or directly with Daybreak Games employees, to be constructive. Posts without constructive commentary distract from or otherwise reduce the visibility of valuable communication and discourages others from participating in the conversation.
    Polling/Petitioning – The creation of petitions or polls are not permitted in Daybreak Games communications channels.
  9. an_ogre_monk00 Elder

I have not met a single person, in a guild of a hundred, in pick up groups of hundreds more, that has ever stated any intention of playing past PoP.

I'm not saying no one out there wants this, I'm saying very few do. And the few that do are being subsidized by those that do not, and that subsidy will disappear leaving DBG with a choice to make. Maybe they come up with a better server and we just forget about Agnarr and leave it to the p99 wet dream, that's fine with me. Or maybe they just let us move off the prison and go somewhere that we can make progress, that's also fine with me. Or they do nothing, and lose a bunch of money.

In the mean time, we have a craptastic expansion boring people to tears.
  10. an_ogre_monk00 Elder

I am referring to an in-game poll. Not a forum poll. Specifically i do not care what forum posters vote, I also share the view that they represent a vocal minority.

However, the in-game voting mechanism does exist and has been used by SoE/DBG for this very purpose.
  11. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Yeah dude, ask Ragefire how well the last poll they had went.
    Risiko likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.