I don't want the group levitate AA.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by WorriedinNorrath, Sep 28, 2017.

1. WorriedinNorrath Elder

Necro here. I would like to keep single cast dmf as my AA and group dmf as my spell.
    Is there a way to refund the AA line and allow us the option of stopping at single vs group?

Thank You.
    Hiladdar and Ishtass like this.
  2. svann Augur

While you're at it could we split Shauri's Sonorous Clouding up so I dont lev every time I invis? Sometimes I want it and sometimes I dont.
    roguerunner, Ishtass and Nniki like this.
  3. MarttinPH Augur

I haven't played on live much, but isn't there a way to block spells? I imagine with perfected version of DMF it isn't used that much. Why not just click it off after it lands on a unwanted character?

With limited buff slots, I imagine most wouldn't want to have the buff separated into two buffs.
    Hiladdar likes this.
  4. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

You don't have a choice, you give up your perfected lev by blocking any of them now is the issue - the old single target is now a group buff.

I don't really care for this change and think it should just be reverted back. For years my buff OCD tendencies has been to place my single target lev where my rez effect was one it fades. I'm betting a lot of people do that.
    Greyvvolf, Hiladdar and Ishtass like this.
  5. Funk Augur

They thought it would be in our best interests to consolidate and simplify things for us stupid players...ya know because things were so confusing?

I'm sure the complaints were stacking up about "There's to many aa's I can't read them all!" and "I don't understand all these aa's! I'm so confused!" and "Please over simplify and over consolidate this stuff!!" /sarcasm off...yeah they went too far.
    Questoften32 likes this.
  6. Bigstomp Augur

Nah, I just try not to die.
  7. Qbert Gallifreyan

/sarcasm

This is the first in a new wave of changes to return us to the era of death having consequences.
  8. Reval Augur

get a single target lev click. There is at least one that is instant.
  9. Gundolin Augur

Shield of striding is instant but 15 minute duration. Seems like it and cloudy potions always expire at different times.
  10. Wizlard Augur

Explain to me like I'm 5. What situation would you need a single target lev where a group version wouldn't suffice?
    Maedhros likes this.
  11. Reval Augur

The world is a lot bigger than shield of striding. There are so many levitate items it's ridiculous.

The all purpose one if you don't want something class specific is probably swiftmantle.
  12. Reval Augur

They're saying they want levitate in their first slot, and if someone else casts it then it doesn't go there.

I guess you could also just make the hotkey block levitate, unblock levitate (thus removing it from your buffs), and then cast levitate after having done that. Sure that's not "instant", but if that's the end complaint, I can't relate to the expectations here.
  13. segap Augur

You're in a group of people that don't want it cast on them. Yes, they can all use block buff. I personally have 5 or so levitations blocked.

Yes to this. I have refused to buy the second rank on my bard. But cotf AA should be going autogrant with the next expansion which removes the ability to opt out of having the unrelated levitation added to invis.
    Hiladdar likes this.
  14. Zhaunil_AB Augur

Yes i have become a bit.. particular about my buffs over time.
    If at all possible, i want them in certain slots so it's easy to see what i am missing.
    Not during a mid-event rez of course, but before/after.

Now, i am a WAR and as such relying on my clickies for base-buffs.
    Only my box has a shield of striding though, while i use the cloak (which has a casting time...)
    And i only seldom box a class that has permanent levitation these days too.
    I absolutely love to have it, even if in the "wrong slot".

I am not "pro" or "contra" towards this change (i can see and understand both sides),
    but simply happy to now get it too whenever a caster casts it on himself.
    People i regularly group with have been "primed" by me to recast it whenever i go splat.
    As always:
    Communication - and staying polite.
    Especially if you do not want it after this change, you cannot blame the caster - "simply" find your own compromise to live with it.
  15. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

16. Ishtass Augur

All this AA rework was a big waste of time. Some lines it makes sense, but most of the lines that were consolidated made no sense.
    Hiladdar likes this.
  17. Zalamyr Augur

Seriously. This was brought up a bunch when the AA was first added. I never bought that rank on my bard for just that reason.
    Hiladdar likes this.
  18. Vlad Diszno Augur

It may have been deemed not to be fun.
    After all, individual stuff just couldn't be as much fun as group stuff, could it?

So you can't have it your way anymore. The king is dead! Long live the king!
    Guess folks'll just have to eat what is served from here on, with certain items, as tasty as they were to some, having been pulled from the menu.
  19. Latteralus New Member

Just dropped in to the forums for the first time in years but former bard here...granted its been awhile since I played but why are you guys not using tiny cloak of the darkest night? I know thats an ancient item but wow that item was my go to for years even up thru CoF.
  20. Phrovo1 Augur

why can't you just click off the lev when you get it? the devs also programmed it so that you don't get a combat timer if you use it on someone in combat or outside of resting. it's 1 less button on your hotbar this way