Why the nerf to QM

Discussion in 'Priests' started by Gundolin, Sep 20, 2017.

1. Gundolin Augur

I mean as far as game plays goes nerfing QM isn't a game changer. In groups I use it to feed mana to DPS classes, and in raids I use it to feed mana after deaths. But I was just wondering if there was an exploit or any other reason why it would be nerfed now?
  2. Roxxanna Augur

Just makes mana a bit more precious. Really stings for the older expansion raids with only 2-3 clerics.
  3. Mediik Augur

To me this nerf was completely not necessary. I rarely used it in group content and on raids it's pretty much just a recovery tool. There's nothing more worthless on a raid than a cleric with no mana. Especially now that it's tied to VP I'm never going to use QM again. Might as well refund it.

My suggestion, unlink put it back to 10 minutes. Keep the mana reduction but addd endurance to QM. My yellow bar does next to nothing for me someone else might as weepl have it. Make sense that clerics can refresh endurance more so than bards,.

i don't even know how you'd exploit. This is just a flat out nerf to something that's working as designed and in no way imbalancing the game. If I remember correctly clerics asked for a mana recovery to get back into action quicker. Daybreak giveth and Daybreak taketh away.
  4. fransisco Augur

Wait, make it even more powerful by also giving endurance?

The point of this is that on a raid, people can't run out of mana. Anyone who dies is instantly up and running again.
    There is no low mana, death has no sting.

Its kind of "undumbing down" raids by making this change.
  5. Stephsanity Augur

I Noticed no loss of hps using QP is this intended?
  6. Reht The Dude abides...

Yeah, would be nice to know the main motivation behind this change. If it is because they feel it's too easy for clerics to get mana back then unlink VP and QM and make QM bestowable on someone else only and remove the silly mana penalty. Or just have different unlinked timers.
  7. fransisco Augur

I think this isn't just a cleric nerf, but a ranger/beastlord nerf.

Anyone with mana can burn down to nothing on longer fights and then just get a QM.

This changes that.
  8. Reht The Dude abides...

Yeah, i am totally aware of this. Doesn't change the fact that were much better ways to do it, but without knowing the intent (yeah, i know we almost never get to know the why) it just seems like this solution wasn't very elegant.
  9. fransisco Augur

Whats the better way to stop the free mana train clerics provide than to stop QM from being a mana train?
  10. Gundolin Augur

Probably 90% of my Group QM and 50% of my raid QM went to Rangers/Beastlord's on raids. But I just don't see how QM is overbalancing raids compared to the many other mana regens out there. At 30K a hit it still seems to small to be anything but a nice little mana bump.
  11. Mediik Augur

QM is not the problem nor are the other skills mentioned. Those utility skills were put in by the devs for a reason when game spells cost vs mana regen were properly balanced.

The thing to do is to raise mana cost on spells and bring it back in line to where they were. Then all of these piddly nerfs wouldn't need to happen. That is the real fix.

I know many a raiding clerics who have stopped going for Hwis and have given up mana regen in lieu of a more AC\HSta. I'll be the first to say, yup i've got too much mana on most raid fights(barring a death), but it's not because of QM, it's because spell cost vs mana regen has been out of wack for quite a while across the board

This nerf is a band-aid that didn't even get applied overtop the wound.
  12. smash Augur

Indirectly you onto something. I however do not think it is that the spells that is too low in mana cast, but the inflation there has been in last 3 expansions.. How much mana did people have when we got out of CoTF, and how much do they have now ?
  13. Mediik Augur

Ya in 3x expansions , gear got a whole lot better, which means players got more powerful. At the same time, No level increase hence no new spells, so spell cost never increased to compensate for player power. Players now have a lot of mana. Now we nerf skills instead of addressing the real balance problem.
    Annastasya likes this.
  14. Stephsanity Augur

Next spells may be a lot more mana we wait and see.
  15. Gundolin Augur

My guild had finally started beating Atrebe's Vault. The loss of QM and VP is a negative for the mana checks.
  16. Lorai Lorekeeper

VP/QM helped us "a little" on raid-related mana drains or deaths--for myself or whatever other mana user was crucial to the raid (mezzers, kiters, dmg casters etc...) But I never used it on a Beastlord given their own mana recovery abilities. Still, with that 10 minute refresh it wasn't like we were feeding people mana constantly, you know?

Our guild is just now getting into Chardok, so this QM nerf is definitely going to hurt going forward.

It appears DB has no consideration for mid-tier raiding guilds who are still trying to progress, when high-end guilds were able to QM their way to the top without this handicap.

Time will reveal the Dev's motive for making this unnecessary and poorly designed change, and I'm sure we won't be happy knowing that either. Our guild has already lost 1 good Cleric (and her Pally husband) because of the last patch, which will also hinder us.
  17. Gundolin Augur

I think keeping enough Clerics in the 30-70 range for Atrebe's Vault in mid-tier guilds is more of an issue now.
  18. Roxxanna Augur

Yep, Clerics just became more valuable.............good thing there plenty of Clerics to fill the spots. *smirk*
  19. Brohg Augur

actually one of the upsides of the new button? hella easier to get under 70 than it was two weeks ago
  20. Gundolin Augur

getting under 70 was never an issue for me, just pop off a couple pieces of gear and then put em back.