Gyrospire Relocation Device Nerf

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Fanra, Sep 23, 2017.

1. fransisco Augur

So if your car is leaking oil for awhile, then you get it fixed, the mechanic screwed you?

Its a fix. It was always ridiculous that this didn't have a recast time.
  2. Nniki Augur

I personally don't care one way or another on this as I don't use it often, but your analogy for this doesn't fit the view of the people complaining in this thread.

People were receiving a benefit from this that the devs decided they shouldn't be receiving and took it away.

If your car is leaking oil, there is no benefit to you whatsoever. It might even be detrimental to you or others and should be fixed. Your analogy might, however, match your viewpoint... you weren't receiving a benefit from this, and the devs spent time fixing this rather than spending that time working on something that would benefit you (so, a loss for you).
  3. Flatchy Court Jester

Its pretty much like any other nerf that has gone on year after year, except this time it effects you so now its wrong. When they stopped disease cloud pulling nobody cared cuz hey that was not working as intended. Same thing , I learned different ways, you can too.
    fransisco likes this.
  4. Zhaunil_AB Augur

I don't miss what i never had.
    If i was able to tank something and suddenly am not anymore, then yes i shout out.
    If i was never able to tank something then i first think i am making a mistake, need another approach.
    Only after that do i even look into logs to see if there might be a bug.

And if someone did abuse the "bug" - the possibilities the item gave, for years as was said...
    Shame on him and punish that individual(!) by all means.
    Collective punishment is prohibited by law, even in the no-so-civilized-anymore US of A that the company calls "home".

Anchor has a longer cast time i think. Escape.. not for WARs - yet :)
    But yes, Stein is my first choice of escape. Bulwark my 2nd to 10th (i always carry 3).
    Honestly, i only used Gyrospire Relocation Device once or twice to escape from a raid, to test it.
    And after seeing corpses around me from DoTs with no Cleric near to rez i quickly abandoned the idea.
    I only use it when i want to mass-kill them clockworks for their drops.
    (zones are usually empty anyways)
  5. kyong Augur

Still insta-cast the way it should be. But receive a 30 minute cooldown now after first cast. Previously you could click it to port north / south to beza / zeka and not get a cool down. You could then face a different direction and click it again to get to the alternate spire.

So I used to insta port out, didn't matter north or so. No cooldown. Then I would throne it or gate potion and still have my insta cast gate available. recast would come into play (if I remember correctly) if you ported between spires twice or if you faced the same way (north or south) as you spire and clicked it leaving you in the same spire you were in.

It was always an interesting click. They probably consider it a fix but I thought it was a neat thing that was a pretty cool toy. At least it's still insta cast.
  6. Gundolin Augur

It looks like they also "fixed" it from allowing you to use it when you have your Divine Aura up. :(
  7. Ishtass Augur

Yeah it's like the illusion door glitch that was fixed. Why?
  8. Jumbur Improved Familiar

Because it was not intended?
    It never made sense to me, that you could bypass locked doors just by casting an illusion on yourself...:confused:
  9. Act of Valor The Newest Member

The term is called emergent gameplay. It started out as something that wasn't intended, but over time it became an accepted part of the game, even though it didn't make sense. The developers didn't particularly care that extremely high level characters were walking through locked doors of obsoleted ten year old content. Then TLP came along.
  10. snailish Augur

Maybe they just want to put more locked doors in the next expansion?

The gyro clickie situation is a fix. Maybe not the fix people wanted, but a fix off "the list". Maybe the next one done will be one more people post happiness about?

On the bright side, at least the devs are still working to fix things.
  11. Bahdah Augur

Binden Concerrentia for the quick escape no problem..
  12. Ishtass Augur

Lol, sure, 20 second cast
  13. Tatanka Joe Schmo

/falsetto voice

Nailed it!
    Fanra likes this.
  14. Drusi Augur

I hate to side with Daybreak on this, but this seems like a reasonable fix/nerf.

The Gyro is still insta cast just with the recast timer as it was meant to be.

If you need to port out quickly twice in 30mins you also get Drunkard's Stein with its 0.5 cast.

Personally, I use Stein tons more than Gyro because POK is a bit more useful than Gyrospires :p

Also there are gate potions at 1k a pop for higher levels, we used those when raiding in 2002. At higher levels 1k for an instant gate is really cheap.
    Oh and then there are mage insta cast 3 charge gate doors, which can usually be found in bazaar for like 300-500pp.

For porting around slowly we have a ton of options the 18th anniversary charm, the guild hall anchors(when they are not broken hah), oh also Shaman potions, plus more items., plus Origin, plus more...

So I am failing to see who is being hurt by this fix.

By comparison the fix to locked doors hurt pretty much anyone who does not have a pocket rogue at their beck and call.
  15. Zhaunil_AB Augur

But you see, that's another point factoring in there:
    However "little" time they had to put in for this unnecessary "fix",
    They could have used it much better on the chat-lag issue that has been around since LAST YEAR.
    That's why i wondered about prioritization above...
    snailish likes this.
  16. snailish Augur

My understanding (perhaps flawed) is that we have to think of EQ as the spouse with a to-do list. But that to-do list exists in multiple forms assigned to different devs. Theoretical Dev #4 must of caught up the big priorities on their list and "illusion door bug" finally was sitting on top so it got done. [Not saying TLP isn't a factor, have a baby and watch the to-do list change]

This works the same way for the chat-lag issue. Maybe Dev #2 has been working on that since last year but the seeds haven't born fruit. Meanwhile dev #1 finally got to fix that "nefarious" gyro device situation.
    Jumbur likes this.
  17. Jumbur Improved Familiar

Its not always practical to have multiple coders working on the same fix, depending on how the code is structured, It can be more efficient to have the coders working on several independent fixes in parallel.

I would guess the chatlag issue requires expertise in network-architecture, which not all the coders might have, while fixes like the illusion-door-bypass and the gyrospire fix, can be handled by the less "network-aware" coders.

The order of which fix gets finished first is not always an indication of priority, they have to work with what they have. They can't just suddenly fire a coder(with a different area of expertise) just to hire another network-coder, just because they need another network-coder for that particular month.
    snailish likes this.
  18. Sissruukk Rogue One

Its the fix Gotham deserves, but not the one it needs right now.
    snailish likes this.
  19. smash Augur

Thing is. Each devs got area of expertise and not able to fill into all roles.

So tasks given out from that.
  20. Zapsos Augur

Or perhaps they needed a simple task to assign to the new intern. Doesn't really matter, a fix is a fix, and the more of them we get the better.
    Jumbur and snailish like this.