Massive tell, channel, and zoning lag on AB server

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Adroxia, Feb 19, 2017.

1. Arraden Augur

Sunday - server was good!! Playable - and more or less normal.
    Monday - server seems to be running out of steam to stay normal... chat lag and zoning lag is back.
  2. douxreve Elder

Yes, sunday the zonings were so fast i thought to petition, something was not normal...
    Today, monday, the normal way is back, 5 minutes zonings, tells arecoming every 5 min. AB is returned as normal
  3. Arraden Augur

Now a mass disconnect at 19:40 GMT
  4. Mizar Lorekeeper

Why dont we get a daily server restart at 12:00GMT or so, it seems clear that there is some kind of buffering/resource 'leaking' that makes server unplayable after 24/48 hours. It's easy, it's fast, it's free, and minimizes server lag chances at euro prime time
  5. Zhaunil_AB Augur

Server status says "AB up".
    Server-select says "AB down".
    Which is it? ;)
    eliandra and Zeeg like this.
  6. Rennia .

Another raid evening wasted on AB.
    eliandra and Makta like this.
  7. tanith Augur

Indeed another evening wasted as we were all disconnected mid-raid (and toons in other zones also disconnected)
    Took about 30 mins to get back in as the server was showing down (even though /uptime tells us it's been up 27 days - would be funny if this wasn't such a pita)

And I get back to one of my accounts with all toons except trader disappeared. Done all the log in/out/wait stuff (several times)
    Still missing 8/9 toons

How long does this carry on for?????

Makta likes this.
  8. Zortex Journeyman

God damn this broken server! Yesterday was working fine, now today its back to being broken!
    Makta likes this.
  9. Zhaunil_AB Augur

Of course...
    After the reboot, things were.. erm.. "mostly harmless".
    But raids were already cancelled by then.
    Makta likes this.
  10. Diani Augur

Looking at the screen waiting to log in.
    Sofar there isn't much difference between a patchday and a normal day...
    Makta likes this.
  11. Deillusional Augur

It was a bit bater after the patch yesterday I would rate the server 4/10 from a 0. There were still lag but it recovered quicker than before. It still needs a lot of work, remember you have annouced an expansion, people on AB will not buy it with a broken server.

If you have to patch multiple times in a month to get it fixed do it...
    Yinla and Imrahil like this.
  12. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Managed a full night of raiding on AB last night, while the server was giving longish zone times, they were no where near as bad as they have been, No disconnects!!!! <3 There was a bit of chat lag but no where near as long or as frequent as we have had. Around 3 lag spikes of 3ish seconds each.

While the server still isn't perfect it is manageable at least for farming. :)

Thank you for all the work you are putting in to fix AB. :)
  13. asfasfasfasf Augur

I get chat lag on Bristlebane too.
  14. Imrahil Augur

Yesterday was OK compared to bad days as described by Deillusional and Yinla, but we have had decent days in between before. Mind you, "decent" in this case means only small lag spikes and tells most of the time not taking longer than 5 seconds (sometimes up to 30 though).

We will see how the next days turn out...
  15. Zhaunil_AB Augur

This!

At least in once instance though, chat-lag was much longer than 3seconds - more like a minute.
    Experienced during a tankswitch, that's why it became obvious.

As was said above, Server was playable last night, for farming.
    Where we basically know what to do and when.

But for learning an event, when it's about reaction and "spotters" giving input in a timely manner...
    It would still need a LOT of improvement to be viable.

And yes, we'd need that situation to be stable on a permanent level for progression!
  16. Zunar Augur

Yes chat is lagging randomly up to 45 seconds from when you hit enter, until the text is displayed.
    Game lag was very manageable though with 3 second lagspikes just a few times.
  17. Kyzvs Augur

As someone who has whinged often about AB - have to say it looks like a step forward has been taken. I was able to play in the UK evening, something that wasn't possible pre-patch. For that I do say thankyou and acknowledge the work done.

Lesson to take away though - this was / still is a textbook example of how to not communicate with your users. I know I'll be ignored, but I would suggest you really learn how comms can help you during problems, even long-winded ones.
    Roxxlyy likes this.
  18. Zhaunil_AB Augur

The situation is far more bearable and playable atm than like two weeks back, yes.
    But it's far from "fixed" or in a state where i'd say progression is possible in an "orderly" manner.
    We have less disconnects - but had one mass disconnect on MON iirc.
    We have less chat-lag, but still about a perma-3second one and spikes that are both frequent and noticeable.

If things remain stable in this way, i might think about extending my sub on a monthly basis (spend some kronos) for a month or two to give you more time for a proper fix, but would still not resub for a year nor buy the new expansion, as i think the overall situation is still more than unfit for any kind of "race".
  19. Jumbur Improved Familiar

I haven't gotten any "unknown errors" since last patch, did they finally fix that? :)

Or am I just lucky?
  20. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I've had it once since the last patch, but it has spread to other servers.

It was also posted in the live bug thread that the unknown errors should be throwing up a message now saying "The server is busy processing requests, please try again in a few minutes."

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...date-bugs-09-20-17.243909/page-3#post-3585408