A valuable member of our community is with us no more

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Pwnography, Sep 23, 2017.

1. Pwnography Augur

I apologize if this isn't the right place to post this. I don't really know where would be.

My cousin and closest friend, Kyle Wharton, aka Kitthix the Love Seeker, took his own life on Thursday. I can still remember the first day he called me back in 2000, telling me about this amazing new computer game Everquest and we had to play at thirteen years old. His name was "Sharpz Shootahz" and mine was "Delathan Doomreaver". We started up at thirteen years old, and never looked back.

Many of you knew him as Vexed or Kitthix going all the way back from Morell-Thule to the merge into Erollisi Marr. We had many gracious friends, but the courtesy shown to us by Avatar Elite & Ne Cede Malice were the most recent. From those of you on Bertox, I knew he had an amazing time as we raided with Descendents. For all of our close friends from Bristlebane and raiding amongst Ring of Valor. Finally, those of you on Povar and all of fellow guildmates of Triton that

We've been to a lot of places, and played for nearly two decades. I know that many of you have spent hundreds, if not thousands, raiding, questing, grinding, having fun with him. He always knew how to make those close friends, and I truly hope he lives on in your memories.

I do have a special request. If any of you have stories, or screenshots, funny chat logs, or just memories of him would you please share them with me? I'm sure his mother would love to read them as well.

Here is a picture of him. He always liked how it looked in it, and that was his love.

https://i.imgur.com/kKl1nNP.jpg

Justin
    TheQxx and IblisTheMage like this.
  2. Aurastrider Augur

I am very sorry for your loss. As players we get so hung up on the technical aspect of the game and we often forget to stop to remember that what makes this game so amazing is the people that play it. Always a sad day when one of our own is no longer with us. My condolences to his friends, family and love ones.
    Grove likes this.
  3. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

I'm very sorry to hear about your loss. It's so important for you to find and seek positivity in the way that you are for you and your family.

So many of us here are effected in one way or another by depression. Our hobby could be looked at as an antisocial one to those out side our virtual world - but it's so very important to us. Norrath is for many adventuring in it a social outlet that is more easily relatable to some than back on Earth. The people we meet here in many cases are friends for life and are every bit as important to us as the people we are physically around everyday. Never feel ashamed to need to seek help. I likely wouldn't be here right now sharing a little of my story if I didn't get the help I've needed over the years.
    Grove and Questoften32 like this.
  4. Questoften32 Augur

My sincere condolences, gods be with you. He seems to have had quite a eq legacy and its always sad to lose such an imaginative gamer. I am also sure he will be missed. In a very real sense life is as a game. Its about the experiences, that you seek, the ones you share and the ones you keep. Such is remembered always.
  5. Geroblue Augur

My sincere condolences.
  6. Crystilla Augur

Justin,
    So sorry to hear this happened. I knew your cousin for years (since Morell Thule days) and loved chatting with him. Know that you and your family are in my prayers during this time.

Dawne
  7. Nedrom Augur

Sorry to hear about this. :(
  8. Maedhros High King

Rest in peace.
    Sorry for your loss.
  9. Shredd Augur

All the times that I raided and grouped with Kit in Ring of Valor. I wish I could have saved him one more time. He will be missed.
    Sumonerr_Tunare and Aergon2 like this.
  10. Orienn TreeHugger

I remember him from Triton, good guy, sorry for you loss.
  11. Elricvonclief Augur

So sad to hear.
  12. Gnomereaper Augur

My condolences to you and your family.
  13. Solatido New Member

He will be sorely missed by many.

I will dig through my logs from his time in RoV and see what I can find.

I'm saddened I won't get to see him once again in Beta this year as it was always fun to catch up; it's hard to stay connected cross-server.
  14. just_some_bard Lorekeeper

Rest easy, brother. I will say a prayer for you in the early morning hours of a dark, misty Faydarkian morning.
  15. Stumphobbler Elder

My sincerest condolences to his family
  16. Rorce Augur

I am deeply saddened by this news. I didn't know him well, only through the Beta server, and his participation in some contests - but he seemed like a very kind, genuine person.

My condolences.
  17. Pwnography Augur

18. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

19. Carnivac New Member

Sorry to hear about the loss to you and his family and friends.
  20. arbre Lorekeeper

I have missed grouping with Kyle these past couple of years.. I am sad that I won't ever have the opportunity to chat with him again.

He was always such fun. My condolences to you and your family. Such a sad loss to so many.