Vulak into Fippy = Lockjaw into Ragefire?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Silinius, Sep 24, 2017.

1. Silinius Augur

Let's take a look at the 800lb Gorilla in the corner:

Is the Vulak into Fippy Merge a precursor for a merge of Lockjaw into Ragefire? Now that both Lockjaw and Ragefire are synced on the official unlock date of Gates of Discord, is this a thing that is being considered? I can only assume that this merge is a test run for things to come since both Lockjaw and Ragefire have seen significant declines in population since the release of the Phinny and Agnarr servers.

Anyone else feel the same way? Any insiders have the super secret infos?
  2. Rhodz Augur

They are going to attempt a merge? *grabs popcorn*
    cool
  3. Jaime Lannister Augur

VUlak=Fippy merge? I heard nothing about this.

Source?
  4. Febb Augur

5. Gremin Augur

DHS supports a merge with Ragefire.
  6. Silinius Augur

The flip side of this is that at this point though, server populations on LJ and RF are significantly higher than Vulak and Fippy. I think they are higher than most live servers as well with the exception of a few of the higher pop live servers like FV. Only time will tell if they decide to pull the trigger but I can't see them doing it before GoD or Omens comes out.
  7. yukan Augur

Whatever they decide to do, nothing needs to be done before Gates of Discord. As Silinius suggested, the populations of Ragefire and Lockjaw combined are higher than the populations Fippy and Vulak had. With the exception of a Vule in DODH and a few open world named in PoR, there really aren't a ton of open world named that will need to be worked out. In GoD however, there is still a TON of open world content, and without instances to coordinate this, things would be chaotic, and I can guarantee a huge outcry from the Ragefire community.
    Kattria Minx likes this.
  8. Machentoo Augur

I imagine they are doing Fippy/Vulak first to see if their new merge software works. Unfortunately there is very little downside if something goes wrong, as few customers still play on Fippy and virtually none on Vulak. If it comes off well, then maybe they turn their attention to some other low pop servers. I doubt they would bother if it was just going to stop at Fippy/Vulak though, so I'd expect to see more in the future, whether it is low pop live servers, or Ragefire/Lockjaw.
    snailish likes this.
  9. Kattria Minx Augur

Not sure if we need merges on Ragefire/Lockjaw. I think each server has more/comparable population on its own over quite a few Live servers.

Fippy/Vulak merge is OK--lets those that are stuck on Vulak and no progression at least catch up to Fippy as far a content goes.
  10. HoodenShuklak Augur

How many ppl play on vulak at prime time anyways?
  11. Machentoo Augur

About two in any given week.

Literally. Not exaggerating.
    snailish likes this.
  12. snailish Augur

I logged in my Vulak characters during primetime last night. 7 others on with a /who all, 3 of whom were a boxer in pok. I doubt many were anon. One of my characters was still guilded, in a guild that had one person active in the last 5 years but 70+ characters retired that long.

So for fun I created a couple of characters on Fippy. Newbie zones I spawned in were empty, tutorial had a couple of people. Saw some Citizen folk with a /who all and a bunch of other random levels.

I've played on Trakanon, Vox, Brekt and peek in at Zek from time-to-time, all of these are much busier than our two merger servers. Maybe this is a test run of the merging process... but it is a merge of a server that likely couldn't muster 2 full groups with a server that is pretty much one dedicated guild and a small population that likes the quiet?

It seems just as likely that this is a make Vulak go away move to me. Which isn't the wrong thing to do, especially if this means Quarm 2.0 gets spun up in it's wake (or USA based AB becomes reality... or any other use of the Vulak server except another progression server for at least 6 more months).
  13. C3lowz Augur

Ah, Fippy. The start of AoS (Twisted Legion) and OGC (Citizen)
  14. Machentoo Augur

Also Rosengard. Not sure who else.
  15. C3lowz Augur

I'm sure a lot. But who cares! All about that Citizen/TL drama
  16. Accipiter Old Timer

I hope that was intended to be funny. It wasn't, but I hope it was at least intended.
  17. Adonhiram Augur

Yeah, is 800lb fat or thin for a gorilla...:confused: That is the question !
  18. Ming Tee Augur

I'm to busy paying attention to the elephant to care about the gorilla.
    jeskola likes this.
  19. Aurastrider Augur

Fat and that is an understatement that would be baby kong.
  20. Numiko Augur

The way Vulak has been these last several years shows me it must just cost peanuts for Daybreak to keep a server open. If they had actually been loosing money that would have been merged years ago.
    Though i did notice with this round of servers they did include the rule that the server will remain open until it cannot progress any further.

So with this in mind i do not foresee Fippy or Lockjaw getting merged until one or both of them cannot finish an expansion which will be a long way off I think