When are the new models returning?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Kolani, Aug 26, 2017.

1. Maedhros High King

I don't necessarily have a preference between old or new models, they are all old now let's be honest. What i do not like is when they mix them. Old original zones with old original npcs are great, but when you throw the new npc models in there it looks out of place and awkward. What's even worse though are the old original npcs thrown into revamped zones.
    Also, the "dire wolves" in Iceclad currently are NOT the correct old model and look terrible.
    Jumbur and Yinla like this.
  2. Fenywen New Member

I think it is about time to update the character models again anyway. But I still think we should be able give the people a choice of what model they want. Would be a nice feature to be able to select which NPC model we would like to see. I don't see why there can't be more personal customization in this area, to be able to see what we want in the world as long as it doesn't effect gameplay. I can already see the old elemental models while someone else sees the new why can't we bring this to a broader range of NPC models. Give me an option to select the new orcs over the old ones or the old skeletons over the new.

Mods have only made games more popular and as I see reasons why we can't openly mod an MMO, we should be able to at least add optional "mods" in the settings that we can change. Maybe I would like to pick the old spell effects over the new (which personally I like better). I think this would make everyone happy and only serve to make the game more popular with everyone including the old players for nostalgia. Obviously for things that have no "old" equivalent (ie spell particles for higher level spells) then they would just default to the new. Of course you wouldn't be able to do this for zones like Freeport unfortunately as it would change game-play, but cosmetics I don't see why we can't work toward an option for. Just my two cents.
  3. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

We already received what we're ever going to have for updated character models with Heros Forge.

I'm also in the never revert the old models crowd. I love the nostalgia.
  4. Phrovo1 Augur

only reason I use Luclin models is for Hero's Forge and mounts, Classic/Kunark era character models are just generally more charming (and iksar animations are far better)
    Ishtass likes this.