Gyrospire Relocation Device Nerf

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Fanra, Sep 23, 2017.

1. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

[IMG]
    It makes me a sad panda. Any hope it can be reversed?
  2. Ishtass Augur

What's the nerf? That it actually takes the described time to reset?
  3. Benito EQ player since 2001.

/mourn Zueria's Slide and Silken Bridles too.
  4. Zaph Augur

After working one way for TEN YEARS, its not a fix, its a nerf
  5. Reval Augur

I am drastically in favor of this change.
  6. Reval Augur

Can they do the same thing with certain third party programs used to zone? Maybe they're heading in a good direction here. Those exploits really need to be fixed.
    Sindaiann likes this.
  7. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

Let me explain why I don't like this change.

My guild goes raiding. So we begin the event and we are fighting and people are dying and rezzing, etc.

Then, after a while, things start to go wrong with most of the raid dead and recovery is not an option. At that point, the raid leader calls "Get Out".

We hit our Gyrospire devices (the 20 toons that are actually still alive).

10 wind up at Gyrospire Zeka and 10 wind up at Gyrospire Beza.

I am one of the 10 at Zeka. I then cast Teleport to Guild Hall Anchor AA. The 9 at Zeka take the TL box I gave them and go to our Guild Hall.

Then, I face south and click the Gryospire device again. That takes me to Beza. There I cast Teleport to Guild Hall Anchor AA. The 10 of us at Beza take the TL box I gave them and go to our Guild Hall.Now everyone who survived is now at the guild hall ready to banner back once the raid instance resets.

With the nerf, now half of the raid survivors are stuck on Beza having to find some kind of way to get back to the guild hall.

Why does the device need to be nerfed? What is the reason that we can't be able to get back to start again without taking more wasted time just getting raid members back to the guild hall?
    Perplexed likes this.
  8. Phrovo1 Augur

click your stein or accept the death
  9. Warpeace Augur

Exactly what your describing is probably why it was changed.
  10. smash Augur

Now it works like the description says.
  11. Jumbur Improved Familiar

When my guild is about to wipe and the raidleader calls "get out!", all the wizards/druids(that are still alive) just hit their teleport to guildhall AA, and hope enough can survive the mayhem until the tl-box appears.

I have no idea what a gyrospire relocation device does, how did it work previously? was it an instant-cast gate that could alternate between 2 destinations without cooldown? did they change the coldown to 30 mins?

Can't you just have everyone gate to the same gyrospire? and hope you don't wipe again within 30 mins...

I don't think the devs would like everyone to have an instant-cast gate without cooldowns...
  12. Phrovo1 Augur

it ported you based on the direction you faced and it originally was bugged to not actually receive a cooldown when clicked, now it's fixed
    CatsPaws likes this.
  13. Zhaunil_AB Augur

That may be...
    But they can change rules to reflect the situation of non-enforcing some older rule...
    Why shouldn't they be able to adjust the description instead?

Really...
    With some "fixes" one hs to wonder WHY they're doing it after several YEARS and not right away after publishing or at least right after something's been reported (the two times shouldn't be too far apart too).

And they NEVER fix like the "my spells" filter that actually shows other's DoTs as well...
    Probably because THAT would actually be good...
    And we can't have any good changes now, can we?
    Unless we pay for them in the form of a new expansion - then we might get something back they took from us.
    Perplexed and Tatanka like this.
  14. Jumbur Improved Familiar

There have been plenty of good changes, that isn't tied to a specific expansion. We just got a "find item"-window, last time it was advanced looting, and there are probably alot of good changes that I can't remember right now, because using them just feels natural...:)

That a bug has been around for ages is not a good reason not to fix it. The devs obviously thinks players have too overpowered escape options, and want us to feel a bit more tension while waiting for that TL-box to appear.:p

And you guys still have other gate-clickies, the devs obviously wants some sort of balance between casting-time and cooldown time for those clickies. The workaround is to get more fastcasting clickies to switch between, and then use a slow clicky/AA to get back to the GGH.

Or do all the fast clickies share cooldowns?
  15. Act of Valor The Newest Member

This sounds a hell of a lot slower than just wiping it up, reviving at guild lobby, and taking the banner back once the raid resets.
    Brohg likes this.
  16. Reval Augur

Gyrospire almost made pvp a flat out farce for years on end. People could gate so easily and so often it was just absurd. Now if a rogue tries to jump you and one shot you, at least they'd have to use a gate potion, which can fail, or a mage door or something that's a bit harder than gyrospire. But realistically they'd probably use a third party gate more often than not at this point in that server's life. If only that were taken out too. That would be a great improvement to pvp. If you ever make a pvp prog server, that garbage absolutely has to go with a guarantee from sony, verant, daybreak, and God himself that it's gone.
  17. YellowBelly Augur

iirc it was a player designed item from some fan fair years ago. Most of us thought it was unbalanced back when it was first released.An instant cast gate can be abused in every way mentioned in this thread. What they should do is add at least a 2 second cast time.
  18. Zhaunil_AB Augur

Yes, there've been "good" changes too.
    NEW find window, as you mentioned...
    some other NEW stuff...
    All nice.

But when it's about "fixing" old stuff - YEAR-OLD stuff, it far more often than not is something to make our life harder, not better.

It doesn't matter if things are now "working as intended" or not.
    Nor does it matter if i have alternatives
    (i hardly use my Gyrospire relocation device and i have most my old keys for those now-locked doors).
    My point is the timeframe.

Like they do with the "play-nice-rules" they should at some point simply acknowledge that they did something NOT as intended, but it's been in game for so long that they should just adjust the description rather than "fix" it years, in some cases even over a decade after introduction.
    Because, as you said yourself:
    "using them just feels natural"
    That is your one good reason NOT to spend time on such .
    At the very least not while there are other, more pressing problems around.
    *hint* chat-lag *hint*
    Unless of course, if the whole point is to point a finger at your players.
    And even in RL, there's some things like "customary rights", the spirit of which applies here.

That they (can) even AFFORD to devote time to such unnecessary "fixes" in such times
    (the non-existant recast hurt noone really)
    makes me wonder how their "bug-fixing" prioritization works.
    IF something's not "working as intended" it is to be fixed right away, not years later.
    Leaving it in-game for YEARS in a "non-intended state" is equal to them having said "ok, we might not have intended it, but we are ok to live with it" even though they of course didn't actually say that.

And actual (filtering) bugs that have been also around for years aren't fixed.
    Not even when they were doing some work on filters (new ones...) a while back.
    Because it's "too complicated" probably...
    Whenever i try to filter "my spells" on one of my casters, i also get the perma-spam from the SHDs and NECs self-dot things for example.
    Now THAT's bothering me far, far more than myself or others being able to insta-port without a reuse-timer or not.
    But a "good fix" like THAT is never (ok: hardly ever) done!
  19. smash Augur

You considered that it has popped on their fix list because of abusement? With that i mean they caught some in it.

And well a bug should be fixxed even when it been in game for years.

And beside i think it is a bug that has not always been there.

Or let us say in theory they find a bug in some calculation that make you do 5% less dam that you should and it been in game for 4 year. Then they should not be fixxed due to been there for years?
  20. Sissruukk Rogue One

Stein ftw.
    Anchor and escape ftw.