September 2017 Producer's Letter: It's Expansion Season

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Mooncast, Sep 20, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cleaver Augur

A level increase would likely mean less content not more @skabe
  2. Orbital101 Augur

If there is a lvl increase it is already set in stone like it or not. A level increase is inevitable one way or the other in the next few expansions to come. Those that want one get there fix and those that do not want one get at least 1 if not 2+ expansions without. I will always opt in for more content but I also do enjoy those few days of lvling up. If a have to pick between a few days of XP between a few weeks of content I will without a doubt opt in for more content that will trivialize older content.
  3. Klober_Dcard Journeyman

we had focus up too 110 from broken mirror. Sorry to challenge your opinion but my opinion is they would have made it a point to say if there was going to be a level increase.
  4. Endless Augur

Maybe if they kept up two versions of EoK, where one stayed as it is currently, because that was last years expansion and that's what we already paid for. But then also have a second version with all EoK zones updated to RoS levels, we'd have an actual full expansion that has enough zone and content to support a level increase.
  5. Jumbur Improved Familiar

Most things that can be achieved by increasing the level cap can also be achieved by additional AAs, without the need to clutter the game with copy-paste-spells for the 106-110 range and other level-related work.

A level increase will give players a powerboost in older expansions, but only in non-scaling content. Level-scaling content made levels obsolete imo...

AA-tuning without a level-increase on the other hand, will give players a powerboost, that will apply consistently, even in level-scaling content.

That is assuming they don't plan a complete and radically change for all classes post 105...
    kizant likes this.
  6. CrazyLarth Augur

sure they can make the spells the same names just new ranks
    Rk4 is the new sold on on vender
    Rk5 is the new upgrade drop
    Rk6 is the new raid
  7. Paladin Augur

QUOTE:

"You’ll face new monsters, acquire new gear, spells, and AAs, and more!"

END QUOTE

Funny there is not suggestion of a level cap increase to 110.

I think this will be a serious mistake to compound the major nerf patch that just happened.

Not good. Not good at all.

It suggests that not only is there no level cap, but the nerfs were done to "take away" stuff players had worked had to get, just to allow room for the lack of new levels.
  8. Derd Augur

Tanks needed some reduction, if you don't believe it doesn't make it false. Other changes as far as mana could easily be correct, you ask to make eq challenging yet brag how mana had became irrelevant. Tanks became their own pullers in group, grab 10 mobs hold agro and burn. Would it have been better to have never had or to be brought back in line before the next expansion, they made a difficult choice. Just my opinion.
    Fortunbas likes this.
  9. Fortunbas Lorekeeper

Really cool news!

I really hope that Antonius Bayle server is fixed in time so I can re-instate my other six accounts!
    Not sure if you are aware but we old player base (~July 1999) have had to stop our memberships because the server is broken - I know right, it sounds crazy hey? but its all true!

Hopefully folks and DBG can solve the issue for us because right now, we really feel like second grade citizens.

Best regards

Fortunbas Soulsender
    Antonius Bayle crafty hat Sorcerer
    Cazmac and Yinla like this.
  10. kizant Augur

The only reason not to announce a level increase is if there isn't one. Which is fine with me, I just hope they added focus AAs that cover ROF era spells this time. Plus buffs or whatever else some classes were missing.
  11. Ishtass Augur

People using the excuse that new levels trivializes old content is pretty silly. The vast majority of players live in the latest expansion only, either way.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  12. Lickitys_Drinal New Member

Level caps Would invalidate some of the older content so I think, they should save them for a later expansion.

What I would like to see. Add is AA's that allow a Human (or any other race) to tinker. A wizard (or any other class) to make poison....ect That would keep some of us Trade skill crazy's busy for a while.
    Ishtass likes this.
  13. Brohg Augur

I question the judgement of those that think TDS is still current content, EOK-matching level caps notwithstanding.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  14. E'ci - Knight Errant Journeyman

The reason for not confirming the level increase is purely marketing. This is why the EoK sale ends just before they give the fuller expansion announcement. The hope is that the fence sitters will bite on EoK (thinking that RoS may not be worth it). A level increase expansion will sell well, even to those who just bought EoK (although not without some resentment).

A level increase is well past due.

Yes, of course with more AAs and additional ranks you could do all sort of proxy increases.
    The fact is that it is far simpler to just bump levels. A level increase, and all the unfairly bemoaned 'copy and paste' abilities, are a means by which to smooth out unwanted deviations in power.

Levels + spells + AAs would obviously accomplish everything that spells + AAs would.
    However the reverse is not true.

Without level increase the natural /con system fails and the power allowed in the XP-granting grouping spread increases further. Additionally, a new expansion without a level increase will do little to increase the base power of players. It will largely only increase that of those already into EoK.

The base factors in new spells and abilities can overcome the obsolescence of foci.

The machinations to make a level increase work on all fronts to move the game forward are far less complex than.

The sole exception to the benefits from a level increase are foci where the new abilities are in some ways not a scaled upgrade (e.g. range). This is a very minor downside. For what its worth I would be in favor of removing the level cap for these type of foci entirely to prevent this sole downside.
  15. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I was never a fan of Kunark, I'm looking forward to the day we get an expansion of new zones and new NPCs not rehashed old ones. Though I wouldn't mind a continuation of Luciin the lore and quests in that expansion were wonderful. I'd love to see more.

*Hint* Drinal - you know Norrath's other moon!
    Cazmac and Stones like this.
  16. Derd Augur

Stones likes this.
  17. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Happy to see a part 2 to EoK.
  18. baider Elder

I am glad everyone argued with me when I told them it made no sense for a level increase to be coming, that throwing in a level increase in a 2nd part of a 2 part expansion made no sense or follow anything the devs have done before. I was pretty much laughed into the ground in that post because every single person thought I was crazy for not knowing there would absolutely 100% be a level increase in EoK part 2.
  19. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

I bet no new levels because they haven't figured out what to do with older expansions and the experience reduction they put into level 101+. I bet you could be 110 and be fighting a level 103 mob in RoF and get 0 experience if left as is.
  20. Zunar Augur

When upgrading from standard to collector's edition of Empires of Kunark you don't appear to get a full discount of the 50% offer unless I'm mistaken.
    Most would've paid the standard $35 a year ago but yet when you upgrade now, it uses the discounted price for standard edition when subtracting it as for the "upgrade" version.
    So you end up paying $25 for the upgrade and end up at a total of $60 for EoK standard price+collectors at discount.
    That's not 50% off afaik.
    Thoughts?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.