Can I sell in the bazaar on a free account?

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by OldManRob, Sep 21, 2017.

1. OldManRob Journeyman

Been gone many years and need to make some pp selling some low level drops.
    Can I sell in the bazaar if I'm on the free account? When I try to launch trader it says I need a gold account.
    Does that mean free accounts can't sell in the bazaar?
    Sorry for a dumb question but it seems strange I can't sell stuff so I thought I was just missing something basic.

Thanks in advance
  2. High Voltage Augur

Need All Access.
  3. Rorce Augur

Can you imagine how many traders there'd be in baz if free accounts could sell there? The zone would likely not be stable from so many!
  4. OldManRob Journeyman

I remember back when the bazaar came out it was nuts.
    I guess that's a selling point for all access lol
  5. kinadafz Augur

The worst was trying to access a gnome between a couple ogres, back when you actually had to go to them to browse their wares, frustrating.
    OldManRob likes this.
  6. OldManRob Journeyman

Still better than the tunnel lol.
    svann likes this.
  7. Inady Lorekeeper

I loved the tunnel but being a ranger I could track the seller I needed but yes the bazaar is alot nicer now you don't need to go there
  8. Jumbur Improved Familiar

I remember you had to stare into the walls in the old baz, to get a 2-digit framerate...:eek:

It looked like a real market though, compared to the new baz.
    moogs, NOR.Llira and OldManRob like this.
  9. Treiln Augur

Bless those gnomes/halflings that would take the extra minute to walk to a non congested platform. Worst was using the find command and you'd have to guess which character had your item because there were 10 people standing on the corner and all their names ran together =/
  10. asfasfasfasf Augur

Should have an auction house instead of baz imo. And let f2p sell. Trade is mostly dead in this game.
    moogs and Jumbur like this.
  11. Miss_Jackie Custom Title

And take away another reason to go all access? Might as well take everything away.
    TheOldGirl, Questoften32 and Nennius like this.
  12. asfasfasfasf Augur

There aren't many reasons to go all access, but they should add something else to make it worthwhile. Ruining trade in the entire game was not a good idea to begin with.
  13. Aurastrider Augur

The only changes I would like to see made is the ability to have a designated trader or barter up while you have a toon in game actually doing something. Maybe the designated toon is leashed to the bazaar, POK, GL, GH and sunrise hills and has no combat functionality.

It would also be nice to have an item queue where when you sell an item an item in your queue will then move into your empty bag slot. This would take so much of the micro management out of the game so people can focus on the actual content.

Also if servers crash it would be nice if traders and barters who are in offline mode would be placed back into the game. I know this one is probably a little more on the difficult side but it would be nice still.
    svann likes this.
  14. NOR.Llira New Member

Heck, I remember having to zoom into 1st person mode, staring at the floor as I moved .. checking the map to see where I was .. JUST to move in the Bazaar! It was so terribly bad, even if you had a good modem LOL
  15. moogs Augur

Auction house is the only correct game design. Whether you have to be a paying subscriber to use it is another question, but Sony really messed this up even after we all told them exactly what we wanted and expected.
  16. Sagarmatha Augur

Unless it's an alt, you should be all access anyway. Spare me the, "I'm on a fixed income this, I can't work because that," horse sh17. Support the best dollar to hour entertainment you'll ever find.

SERIOUSLY, even a four hour per week shift as a cashier at ANY retail store will pay for two months of EQ. Free players do almost nothing for the game, especially those whining for more features.

Get all access, or this game goes down.
  17. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

Personally, I despise the auction house method and prefer the Bazaar method that EQ has, though it would be nice if they would allow for alternate currency or items to be used in the /trade and /bazaar, while revamping the /buy and /barter; so that /baz and /bar windows work more like the newer merchant windows.