Hey Krono Farmers ......

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Sippycup, Sep 20, 2017.

1. Wizlard Augur

I disagree, this is a long standing phenomenon. Tradeable > Multiquestable > Neither. Now they are going to be farming things, and get no offers = rots
  2. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

I think you are dreaming. The problem isn't about "farmers" making kronos, the problem is about players being able to access two zones to play in before Velious drops and the zones become irrelevant. The HS key might be easier to get now, but the VP key seemed to be just as locked down as it was before, AND the farmers still seemed to be in full force.

Again, the real issue is that players can't experience these zones before they lose any reason to visit them. There's less than 2 months left before they are completely irrelevant.
  3. Belexes ForumQuester

We know what saved EQ...it was the buggy bears!!! :p :D

Thank you, pay to win players!! :D
  4. Wizlard Augur

It's a deterrent. What would you suggest be done, if deterring it does nothing?
  5. Metanis Bad Company

I'm confused. I thought that only DBG can create an original Krono. Has not every single Krono in existence been created and sold by DBG at the publicly listed prices in their store? Or is there some magical cave somewhere stocked with wild Krono that never saw a DBG brand?
  6. MyShadower All-natural Intelligence

This is awesome! Now you guys can start fresh threads on the next thing that is destroying your TLP experience! Yay progress!
  7. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

Fixing the quest, as other suggestions have already laid out: Increase the spawn rates to where it is not profitable for somebody to block the quest for everybody else. In fact, they did exactly that with the HS key with this very patch, and it seems to be working great.
  8. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

The point I was making is that most of the kronos being spent on agnarr are probably not being bought from DBG. Of course, some are. But I can't tell you the number of people who have told me they have to wait to buy something from me until they receive their kronos from a krono seller. Why buy a krono (or 20) from DBG for $18 if you can buy them for $12 somewhere else? And none of those kronos are new sales for DBG - DBG makes no money off them.

Or maybe they are people like me: I brought a couple of krono to Agnarr from my live server. I now have 15 kronos on me, and haven't paid for my accounts (or any kronos) since last November. The Agnarr crowd is chock full of people willing to spend real money to get ahead in the game.
  9. Ghubuk Augur

They all had to have been initially bought from DBG.
    Metanis and Drusi like this.
  10. smash Augur

They should put an expire date on the kronos.
  11. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

Yes, and I have pointed that out many time in other threads :) But DBG does not pay employees to put out new servers (and expansions) so that you can spend the kronos you bought from them in the past. They do it to sell new kronos. They do not care about the kronos they sold last fall or last year (it is in their best interest to go out of business with as many unused kronos in circulation as possible).

I think that a lot of the perceived economic activity on Agnarr (and TLPs in general) is recycling OLD kronos, not generating new sales at DBG. Obviously DBG sells more kronos when they release an expansion or a TLP server. But just because you see a lot of Krono sales in the Tunnel, I think it is wrong to assume that all (or even most) of those sales are done with NEW kronos purchased from DBG. This is directed at the TLP vs. Live argument.

Nobody but DBG knows whether TLP or Live servers are more valuable to DBG. But new content costs far more to develop, and they keep releasing new expansions.
  12. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

Except, then nobody would buy them. Why would you?
    Ghubuk likes this.