September 2017 Producer's Letter: It's Expansion Season

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Mooncast, Sep 20, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xanadas Augur

New expansion items have ....wait for it..... over 9000hp!!! /puke
  2. Lynnia Augur

There've been new spells and new AAs in non-level-increase expansions forever, so the one doesn't necessary follow the other. That said, I wouldn't be surprised to see a level cap increase myself... but guess we have to wait til mid-October or so to find out for sure.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  3. Ishtass Augur

Absolutely doesn't mean that
  4. Diani Augur

But the question always was and always will be...

will there be ship to ship combat?
  5. Toruch Fleshrot Augur

Maybe not. But that is my prediction.
  6. Rorce Augur

Unsubbing all 29 of my accounts if there's not.
  7. Nennius Curmudgeon

So you will be keeping one account?

:)
  8. Nerkina Journeyman

Rorce is down to 29, good you’re cutting back
    Rorce likes this.
  9. CrazyLarth Augur

Looking forward to the new Expansion.
  10. Infinite_Karma New Member

Didn't they already do Ring of Scale, AND Fabled / Revamped it too just to get more use out of it? Looks like the old Recycle and Reuse program ... that's the Dev team hard at work "creating" new content and expansions. That animated gif of Venril Sathir is suppose to be our sneak peak? How much do you bet they're going to just copy and paste all these zones, mobs, items, and faction grinding quests into level 105 - 115 cons. They might add a new skin to make things look newer, and they'll rename all the AAs they took away and sell them back to us again. Awesome job.
    Ryuda and Metanis like this.
  11. Emarra Gnecromancer of Ak`Anon

The increase will be spending a year of the new expansion to regain the abilities you lost in yesterday's patch!
  12. Emarra Gnecromancer of Ak`Anon

Why would you assume that? We got new spells and new AA last xpac and didn't get new levels.
  13. Toruch Fleshrot Augur

Just an opinion. We already have items with focus that goes to 110. It's coming...
  14. J-Ray New Member

You want to add more expansions? What is wrong with you people? Do you not realize that we have not even finished raiding EoK yet? Most of us have not even got close to catching up with all the aa's.
  15. Rumplestilskin Lorekeeper

Seems like your fantasy.
  16. Khat_Nip Meow

What difference does any of that make? You get through what you need to get through and when you're able to you move on to bigger and better things when it's time for you and yours to do so.
  17. Rorce Augur

I'm having a hard time understanding how you assume the extreme of them copy pasting an entire expansion based on a faction name.

However, look at EoK. How many zones from that expansion have "already been done", and how many of those are just copy pastes of the original?
  18. Nennius Curmudgeon

For me level 110 is a hope. Not likely to happen, but hoped for nonetheless. Speaking only for myself, I wasn't overly impressed by EoK. I am , for the first time in 17 years, considering not purchasing an expansion. Upcoming details may well change that.
    Yinla and Ishtass like this.
  19. daknife56 Journeyman

My first thought when reading that a new expansion was coming out was that it would be great to have a level increase. But after reading through the posts here and considering the consequences of a level raise I've changed my mind. Really all a raise does is make existing zones obsolete and reduce the number of zones that are appropriate for a character of the maximum level (farming excluded). I've come to the conclusion that the best idea would be to leave the level cap alone and increase the meaningful range of playable content for the high level characters. Since the raise to 105 we have TDS, TBM, and EOK. Adding Ring of Scale would be 4 expansions to challenge our 105 characters. If the cap is raised to 110 we suddenly are reduced to 1 expansion designed for our higher level players. After all, it doesn't really matter if we're 110 killing 111 monsters or 105 killing 106 monsters.
    Cazmac likes this.
  20. skabe Elder

Only thing that has kept me busy last few months is the endless farming to get trade skills to 350 on my main. I have done all the progression and farmed all the gear etc that I want / need for 9 chars that is available in current content. OH I could keep killing for those super rare raid equivalent drops but no thanks!!
    If new expansion has as much content as last 3 expansions combined and double the new AAs as EoK had, then maybe, but slim maybe, I could live with no level increase. Oh and I don't consider the major time sink that Artisan's Prize and getting trade skills to 350 content. 99% of that time was running around zones gathering huge trains and then letting them kill themselves on my damage shield and riposte. Or spending hours searching through and organizing storage for trade skill items. Even more hours doing combines.
    Fortunbas likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.