Stop paying the farmers. Stop it.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Risiko, Sep 19, 2017.

1. Risiko Augur

I'm not going to debate the nature of Agnarr or the fact that it is a freaking cesspool of greed and hate right now. /sigh

What I am going to debate is the willingness to pay these farmers.

STOP PAYING FARMERS! STOP IT!

You people that are paying for the following ARE the problem:
    • Dark Elf mask loot rights
    • Howling Stones key quest item from Lake of Ill Omen
    • VP key quest item from Swamp of No Hope
    • Circlet of Shadows
    • Hierophant cloak
    If you are paying Krono for these items (loot rights), YOU ARE THE PROBLEM.

Stop blaming the farmers. They only do it because YOU PAY FOR IT. If you would stop rewarding them for their bad behavior, they would stop doing it.

DO NOT PAY FOR SOMETHING YOU CAN GET YOURSELF.
    Meteon, code-zero, Rhodz and 2 others like this.
  2. Nekromancy Elder

I paid 500pp in classic for my dark elf mask. I'm sorry for my contribution to the problem :-(
    Chatoyan and Drusi like this.
  3. Ryak Augur

This just in: according to Risiko, paying for your VP key ground spawn from Kaesora is 100% fine. :p

Ok, but seriously, while i'm sympathetic to your plight, i don't think berating people is going to change much.
  4. Strawberry Augur

Everyone told you this when you joined a classic locked server though.

Post-PoP these issues were fixed. Loot becomes all no-drop or attunable, they removed the super rare item spawn camps, and the drama of loot farming goes away.

An open economy system is only good on paper, in practice you get people boxing 6 accounts hogging all spawns. It will be no different in Pantheon that will be a bigger trainwreck than classic EQ
    Illusory and Punchu like this.
  5. AlaskaJay Lorekeeper

Dark Elf mask? I got two last week by taking a box of level appropriate in there for exp and got that much needed Ogre shrink on my SK as well as logged in my Druid main to loot one. I had *multiple* 60s pick in on top of me. All of them politely asked how long I was going to be and then buffed me before picking out. When I got my 2nd mask I messaged one who had just picked out to let him take over. Most people are their for alts, not to sell the LR. Having spent almost all of the past week in Guk the people selling LRs are groups just trying to make a fast buck.

While the Dark Elf mask is a lot different than bottle necking content seriously bud get a grip.
  6. Rhodz Augur

Well of course they are the problem but this will not be received very well as the truth never gets a fair hearing from those it condemns. There will always be justification for those that require it.
    Illusory likes this.
  7. Trident Elder

#arisikopost

So all knowing risiko, what is your alternative to not paying these guys for those pieces? Coming from you I'd imagine it to be just skip the content. The tactics these farmers are using make it basically impossible for normal people using no 3rd party software to get these pieces. Between auto clickers and macoroniquest for ground spawns and 6 boxers using broadcast software you aren't getting these by normal means.
  8. MakingSense New Member

I love the naive people who think the ground spawns would be much easier if people weren't selling/buying.

Hint: If the person buying doesn't get it from the seller, they have to go pick it up themselves.
    Jaxarale01 likes this.
  9. AlaskaJay Lorekeeper

Most people didn't raid VP when it was current content back in classic either. The means of bottleneck have changed but the result is very much classic. I don't see the problem here. Did you think you were owed a spot in VP in 2000? If not why do you think that now?
  10. Punchu Augur

How's that PoP locked server working out for you?

Rolls on dumpster farm server, is surprised is dumpster farm server.
  11. Jaime Lannister Augur

No.

I love farmers. I'd way rather pay them to get what I want than do it myself, thanks.
    Why the hell am I going to spend time doing something like PoSky quests when I can just buy an ? Farming Plat/Krono to pay for stuff is easier than camping.

I'm lazy.
    Jaxarale01 and Mwapo like this.
  12. Dumbledorf Lorekeeper

Quit the server, play p1999. You dont need those items to enjoy the game. You're not entitled to those items. If you really want it, farm plat/gems, buy the Krono and get your crap. I haven't paid for a single Krono, and I have fungi tunic & stick, CoS, HS key, demileech cap, fbss and dual SoS on monk alt, djarn's, gebs, etc.. all without boxing, having a mage/wiz/sk, and while maintaining a job, online classes, and having a fiancee.

The real issue isn't paying Krono, it's people buying Krono on the black market. Get rid of Krono, and you have people buying/selling plat online.
  13. Let'sFarmSky New Member

But a lot of the items being sold are no drop. "Loot rights" and all that. I never played much post-PoP, so can't comment on the super rare item spawn camps. Selling loot rights is an abuse of mechanics, partially enabled by 30 minute corpse timers. If Verant had originally wanted people to buy no drop stuff, they wouldn't have made it no drop. Even further reinforced by the Eyepatch of Plunder quest where they not only made the items no drop, but went further and required you to combine the no drop items in a box (because rather than selling loot rights to quest items, people back then just sold the ).

However, that's a side note to what Risiko is saying. Paying the farmers is ultimately the problem and it's an example of tragedy of the commons. If everyone stopped paying the farmers, the problem would go away, because the farmers would just end up with some no drop crap or quest items they can't sell. That's the rational collective decision. The rational individual decision is to pay the farmers. And as someone else said, krono isn't the problem because people would just sell plat for RL money instead. I've made it a personal policy to not pay the farmers of no drop items and I don't sell loot rights when I do get an item. I'll give it to a guildy, groupmate, or alt of a guildy/groupmate/myself and if that fails give it away to a stranger. Provided they don't train or otherwise grief.
  14. Barraind Grumpy Old Bastage

I mean, if you think people didnt do VP because of the difficulty of getting keyed on live servers, I will happily sell you my Oceanview property in Kansas for significantly below value.

Guilds that wanted to do VP and people who wanted to do Howling Stones on live servers did VP.and HS Guilds and People that want to do VP/HS on TLP's are doing it with skeleton crews, bot armies and massive amounts of 3rd party asshattery or paying $20-200 to someone WITH good amounts of bot armies and 3rd party asshattery.

People who tried to sit on spawns and do this kind of nonsense in ye old EQ times were dealt with, in game, and GM's stood there, watched it, and encouraged it. Tribunal had GM's that told people/guilds to enforce their own rules, stood around to see the results, and would forcefully remove people who attempted to violate any made agreements. Get trained because you were being a ? GM's said to stop being a .

TLP's have none of that.
  15. McJumps TLP QoL Activist

Yet another very bad idea that will never work. Good job Risiko. If the goal of your recent posts was to make zero sense whatsoever.

In order for your plan to work, you would have to get 100% of the people paying for items to stop. This will NEVER, happen. Period.

You literally wasted time out of your life (which I assume you should be using to fight Krono farmers for Kunark era garbage) to post some more nonsense.

Sad thing is, the nature of Agnarr is already having an effect on its population. The crux of the matter is, the main draw of this server, being PoP-LOCKED is also its greatest downfall, since more than 90% of the problems happening, are solved post PoP. Ironic, huh? :)
  16. Renshu Augur

Come on guys its simple. If we could get everyone to stop murdering, there would be no murder. Come on this isn't rocket appliances!
  17. Guzzle Augur

Risiko, do you play the game or do you just whine on the forums constantly? /curious
    HonorablePally and Renshu like this.
  18. Death Strudel Augur

I think the fundamental problem, as evidenced by responses to your post, is that many people like to wallow on their own feces. And the message is "Hop on in, it's warm!"
    Rabbit_Of_Doom likes this.
  19. Rojas_Agnarr New Member

- Key to Veeshan's Peak (Quest) - Quest hand-ins can no longer be multiquested.

The Dev's answered the request of the OP.
  20. Sycopata Elder

I payed 1k for the mask of deception, im a bad guy then?

Lets talk about this, im back from 2002 and i remember the times were i tried to legitime get this mask, i remember the times were i loset all rolls on it, and wen people wen get his mask leave automatical the group, why camp assasin no give so much exp and no one ítem wen you finaly get your mask.

Finaly Kunark released and mark no longer usable for all races, then i loset so much time to try get legitimal my own mask.

Lets tald about today, i tried to find a group to camp the assasin, and im scared about some day they reléase the update to nerf de mask, after days with no assasin group response i decided to go to the assasin rom, hail the lvl 60 who camp it and pay it. at least is like another ítem what i buy. why i can pay for a FBSS but cant pay for the mask? all nice drops in this game are bloket by hi lvl players who find platinum, and until you doo the same bussines if you try tu farm and make exp at same time you have 0 chance to succes it.

And then lets speak about the last sentence, Everquest is like the real live, there are alot of fair and nice people who help you and ir fair, and there are lot of people who only think in him selves and roll for a no drop ítem what is not maching on his class, like a clerig Rolling for a 5streight earring, why give 5ac.
    I have to deal every day with the same problems in this game, today im not sure if i have to put need or greed for a ítem what i no need, my guild mates ask , put need why all put ned, but then you find a fair group were people put greed and you sems the bad guy. but so much times if you pud greed some one put need and you sems the stupid guy.

Everquest is Dark Rude, and not just. Deal with it. and try to enjoy.