Warning: Phinigel MPG Raid Trials Achievement

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Warrior007, Sep 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Warrior007 53 61 74 6f 73 68 69

This would be a question for design. Mine personally worked fine and triggered the achievement upon turnin, and so did the majority of OGC's turnins. With how similar this is with the raid trial achievement issue we ran into, it is merited to look into why the achievement was not triggering for some others upon combined container turnin.
  2. AgentofChange Augur

You sure that one person in your guild didn't just turn in the signets individually to the npc and doesn't want to admit it?
  3. Prathun Developer

COMPONENT_TYPE NAME
    1 Taromani in Riftseeker's Sanctum - Deliver the Signets
    2 a Dragorn Prodigy in the Ruined City of Dranik - Weather-Worn Signet
    2 a Dragorn Mastermind in the Wall of Slaughter - Tarnished Signet
    2 a Dragorn Tactician in the Muramite Provingrounds - Glimmering Signet
    2 a Dragorn Battlemaster in the Riftseeker's Sanctum - Crystal-Gemmed Signet
    2 a Shrewd Dragorn in Dranik's Hollows - Two-Toned Signet
    2 a Cunning Dragorn in the Sewers of Dranik - Discolored Signet
    2 Insidious Dragorn in the Catacombs of Dranik - Dust-Marred Signet

COMPONENT_TYPE COMPONENT_TYPE_DESC
    1 Completion Component--Must be satisfied in order to complete the associated achievement(s).
    2 Indirect Component--Component is displayed in associated achievement(s) but otherwise does not affect the achievement(s).

This achievement component: "Taromani in Riftseeker's Sanctum - Deliver the Signets" requires the bit/flag that's received when the quest to hand in the Full Insignia Case to Taromani is completed. Note that it is COMPONENT_TYPE 1 and is the only component of this achievement that is COMPONENT_TYPE 1. It is the only thing that needs to be done to complete the achievement.

The other achievement components are checked off as the character acquires each signet. Note that they are COMPONENT_TYPE 2. These components are not necessary to complete the achievement. They are there to help keep track of which signets need to be collected.

If, hypothetically, all of the signet collection components were removed from this achievement, it would function in the same way. The achievement would be incomplete until the character received the flag/bit for doing Taromani's quest. When Taromani's quest was done, the achievement would complete.

The Taromani's Protection achievement isn't used for anything. It just exposes the status of the flag/bit and whether or not you've got the signets in your possession.
    Warrior007 likes this.
  4. Warrior007 53 61 74 6f 73 68 69

My chief concern with how the raids ended with the achievement trigger requirement is those that did not get the achievement, would not be technically flagged, thanks for clarifying that those affected should be in the clear. I'll PM you the ticket number and some precise logs for further analysis as to why the achievement did not fire.
    Prathun likes this.
  5. Prathun Developer

The raid achievement is a somewhat different beast. I have a suspicion about why some raids received the final 7th flag/bit and some did not, but regardless of what could cause the success script to sometimes not recognize that characters had all 6 flags/bits upon the success of the 6th trial, it'll be fixed in the next update because I rewrote the way everything works to eliminate the need for the 7th flag/bit entirely.
    Warrior007 likes this.
  6. Clueless123 New Member

[IMG]

Just wanted to confirm that actually combining the signets and turning them in like the quest tells you definately works. Thanks for the help Prathun.
    Podiatryst likes this.
  7. Podiatryst New Member

We're lucky to have a GM like Grisvok who took the time to confirm and show us all of this. Nothing but a consummate professional who puts the guild above all else. Truly refreshing to be in a guild like AoS under Grisvoks leadership and wisdom.
    malaki likes this.
  8. Superdeath Lorekeeper

[IMG]
    Seems to still work.
  9. Creepin Lorekeeper

10. malaki Augur

I'm sure people will flame, but it's true he does put in tons of work for expansion releases.
  11. Ohfuggle Elder

I'm sure some folks will continue to flame, while others will continue to improve game-play for other players on this TLP and future ones as well.
  12. Clueless123 New Member

AoS tested anguish for us. All looking good so far:

Podiatryst and malaki like this.
  13. Podiatryst New Member

No one but OGC is having problems turning in their keys and doing trials, they seem to be making it an issue to rationalize another loss.
  14. Heartland Augur

The key is definitely bugged
    [IMG]
  15. malaki Augur

Nice work!
  16. -wycca Augur

Grats EoE!
  17. Punchu Augur

Grats boys 'n girls moving on up.
  18. Podiatryst New Member

Congratulations EoE, what dropped??
  19. Silentchaos Augur

In the other universe where you can hand containers with items in them to NPCs thats how you do it.
  20. Ryak Augur

I have another potential issue to report. We were doing the trial of Foresight and we noticed that the room AE emotes appeared to be lying about which part of the room was safe. To be specific the direction which was safe was reversed. Consistently, if the room AE stated that the north side was safe, the SOUTH side was actually safe, and so on.

The kyv emotes and other miscellaneous emotes worked normally and properly (except that the kyvs kept giving emotes after we won the trial).
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.