Warning: Phinigel MPG Raid Trials Achievement

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Warrior007, Sep 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mwapo Augur

The race isn't learning things, its efficiency in getting those things accomplished.
  2. Creepin Lorekeeper

if this was trus OGC wouldnt be locked out of anguish by 5 days while other guilds have already killed it.
    Renshu likes this.
  3. Darchon_Xegony Augur

While you are correct, the description of the achievement is a bit misleading. It says complete these raids or acquire the seal from Anguish.

It doesn't say complete these raids and interact with something.

That being said, it's not worth changing or worrying about at all, but I do understand why someone like the OP who may not be familiar with the flagging process gets confused.
  4. Finnster Elder

I'm sorry to hear that it will take you 2 days to run through all the content of an entire expansion. I'm actually crying.
  5. Kyel Journeyman

He isn't likely to be the only person considering previously the flagging process to get the seal involved doing the trials and even if the "slices" were in your bank, once you finished the last one and zoned then you had the completed seal. It was changed to be achievement based with something added in addition to what the achievement states and what used to be required.

And it's well and good people can say "should have tested etc.." the problem with that is we don't have an environment where we can actually test it under progression server conditions. The test server is not a progression server so things do not work the same and at times it's hard to tell if the reason something isn't "working" is because it's test or it's broken.
  6. Catashe Augur

Then it needs to be brought up about adding another check... Cause originally all you had to do is do the trials, collect your wedges, and you basically done.. You guys change it to a achievement and now you gotta do the 6 trials and a "mystery" 7th objective to get your seal.. I mean WTF
  7. ThenaEQ Augur

LOL prolly shoulda tested that then huh
  8. Prathun Developer

There's a 7th bit (flag) that's set on the character if you've completed all 6 raid trials and it's this 7th bit that's used for Anguish access. The check to set the 7th bit occurs upon completion of any raid trial or when zoning into a trial that's been successfully completed. If you aren't in the raid trial zone on success and don't zone back in to get the 7th flag, this can happen. This implementation isn't ideal.
    There are a couple of ways this can be addressed. The fastest fix isn't the cleanest fix, and vice versa.

Before the Quarm-era changes that eliminated the pizza slice items and changed the implementation to a modern flag-everyone-in-the-DZ method and display the flags in the achievement window, not being in the raid trial zone upon completion and not zoning back in meant you would get no credit at all. The Quarm-era changes made things a little cleaner, but there is still room for improvement.
    Warrior007 likes this.
  9. Catashe Augur

Cept I was in zone for all 6 completions and didn't get it, so basically you saying you HAVE to zone out and back in to get the seal.. thats freakin
  10. Prathun Developer

Do you want me to fix it, or not?
    (Is a trick question - I'm fixing it either way.) ;)
    Warrior007 likes this.
  11. Catashe Augur

Sorry just slightly annoyed cause you guys changed somethin that wasn't broken in the first place just for a achievement lol
    Prathun likes this.
  12. Warrior007 53 61 74 6f 73 68 69

If achievements are added, that in essence change the original intended way to complete any said event, they should be thoroughly notated accordingly in the achievement window.

In our past TLP run on Fippy, you absolutely did not have to do anything special to receive the seal. You had to beat 6 trials, and you would receive the seal. Period.

[Tue Sep 11 22:44:57 2012] <SYSTEMWIDE_MESSAGE>:The Mastery of Endurance trial in Proving Grounds has been defeated by a group of hardy adventurers! Please join us in congratulating Dima along with everyone else who participated in this achievement!
    [Tue Sep 11 22:45:14 2012] Kozak tells the guild, 'Seal: Mastery of All'
    [Tue Sep 11 22:45:14 2012] Kozak has taken 135 damage from Zellucheraz the Ancient's corpse by Complex Gravity.

As you can imagine, it's frustrating when you're stuck as a result of an additional new "hidden step" that was added, that effectively locks you out of any progress.
  13. Prathun Developer

The script logic that gives out the final bit (flag) is doing the same thing as it did before, except it's not also giving out an item. If a character would have missed receiving the item/bit because they weren't in the zone or didn't zone back in or something went awry, the outcome would have been the same. The hidden seventh bit has been how the flagging works under the hood for well over a decade. Ask me how I know.

The Quarm-era changes to how Anguish flagging worked made it cleaner and more reliable and better, but there is room to make it better...er. And I'm working on it.
    Astral64 likes this.
  14. Catashe Augur

the achievement change like trying to repair a flat tire when theirs nothin wrong with the tire
  15. Finchy Augur

YOUR WELCOME <Insert all TLPs that come after Phinny> !!
  16. taliefer Augur

its just weird, cause i know i didnt have to zone out and back in on fippy, nor when omens was the current expansion. and noone who did it on quarm said they had to zone out and back in either, and our whole raid was inside the raid trial when we won this time.

frustrating cause there is nothing that points to "zone back in" as a workaround.

regardless thanks for the pretty quick response
  17. Catashe Augur

on a side note.. any idea when Tipt/Vxed will be "fixed" I kinda wanna do my epic? =p
  18. Podiatryst New Member

BIG props and thank you to Ngreth from AoS for being there at server launch and preventing exploits. It's been frustrating even though we win to see things being exploited every single expansion.

Thank you again for staying online to make sure it was a smooth release.
  19. lobos Journeyman

OGC should be punished for trying to exploit vxed.
  20. Catashe Augur

and "New Members" should be banned from posting in the TLP forums.. Sometimes we don't always get what we want
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.