Euro/AB players, you moving or staying?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Cidran, Aug 27, 2017.

1. Imrahil Augur

Well, I could tell you that guilds like "Shadows of Doom" and "Raging Fury" have been among the top 5 server wide far longer than your current guild even is on the board, with "D'Pikeys" being there for a long period too among the top 20 (sometimes top 10), so maybe those leaders do know what they are doing too. All of them have been in responsible position for very long years...
  2. Evurkvest Augur

Other than on AB, what euro guilds are there on other servers that raid current content?
  3. Gaol Journeyman

In all the threads regarding the AB server I see 99% of the european EQ community explain why a piecemeal move doesn't make any sense. We all agree that it will make recruitment impossible and kill the community. If we were all quitters, there wouldn't be 30+ page threads going back months pleading with DBG for a credible solution or fix.

However, I'm not entirely surprised that some people feel compelled to try and take an alternate view - and that these seem pretty much exclusively to be from US servers.

But rather than attempting to argue with 99% of the european community about the decision they've made not to take the option of a server move, how about a bit of support and solidarity instead?

The way I see it, we all have a lot of shared interests.

It should be a massive concern to the entire EQ community that DBG have allowed a server to remain in a broken state for nine months. It should be everyone's concern that the company communicates so poorly and seems not to care about losing so many longstanding and loyal customers.

What happens if your server suddenly deteriorates meaning you can't even log in? How will you feel when they continue to take your money while ignoring your reasonable requests for a fix in a sensible timeframe?

Don't you agree EQ will be poorer without its european guilds and player base and the income they generate for the game?

So rather than having these threads descend into acrimony, lets focus on the task in hand which is getting a viable solution for the long suffering european customers.
    Jumbur, Imrahil and Yinla like this.
  4. MyShadower All-natural Intelligence

Maybe the AB community could stage a 'Do Not Log In" day to demonstrate their solidarity.

I agree the solution offered by Daybreak is a slap in the face but if it is really so bad I cannot play, I would stop paying them. Not just threaten it, literally stop paying and also contact my credit card company to get a charge back of any unused sub. There is no excuse for a game company to run a server that prevents game play for however long it has been. Although, at some point, you have to accept responsibility for the "suffering" you endure when there are other options.
  5. Kragin Augur

It seems to me alot of the ab community has just started playing on the progression servers, probably giving up on ab for the time being.
  6. Maedhros High King

And yet, the consensus is still to quit on the guilds rather than move to Vox.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  7. Zhaunil_AB Augur

Because we seem to have something you either forgot or never had:
    A connection to the rest of our community.

Oh, and more than just an aversion for paying 35USD (for the trip back) to a company that considers evading an issue a "fix".
    If the company had any balls and/or brains, they would make that one-way offer at least a two-way offer.
    THEN we could take it half-seriously.

But your people have fought a bad, bad war just to keep one part of the states "in line".
    Why do you expect the entity that is AB to separate then?
    Or is just that you expect us to fund the company that is responsible for the disruption in our gameplay with the equivalent of an expansion PER CHARACTER moved just so we can keep on playing while they take their time to fix what they broke?
    How dumb exactly do you think we are?
  8. Imrahil Augur

Many people (myself included) have explained multiple times, why an individual move without any option to return does not work (split community because there is NO FRIGGING WAY everyone will move on an individual base, every char has to move seperately meaning hours of work, housing, name issues,...).

A merge with Vox would work. It's nothing against Vox (or any other US server except the special ruleset ones). I myself have moved server with a guild (Sol Ro -> Kael Drakkal) as an officer and I have been merged (KD -> AB), I am not afraid of new servers...
  9. Thancra Loladin

Omg! You would move your whole guild to another server with a bunch of people of your exact time zone to recruit! You're so brave and smart, how did we not think about it? Let's all move to the Euro paradise where european people are growing on trees!
  10. Maedhros High King

I guess I just cant wrap my head around the idea that if the entire super tight knit community on AB decided to take the free xfer that you would suddenly have a smaller recruiting base.
    I cross server recruit. Most of the other successful guilds do it. I'm sure Shadows of Doom has cross server recruited. It amuses me that you think if your guild took the free transfer to Vox, that you would have a difficult time recruiting people to come join you that had initially decided to stay on AB. I would argue that you would have an easier time convincing a player on "unplayable" AB to take a free transfer to Vox and join fellow Euro players than any other American servers have when it comes to cross server recruiting.
    Why are you guys still even arguing if youre just quitting anyways?
  11. Jumbur Improved Familiar

Would you still move to a different server if you thought a fix was only a month away?
    For all we know, a hypothetical patch/hotfix next week could be the one that suddenly made the issues bearable...

A server-move is a drastic descision, we need solid infomation to make that descision.
  12. Gaol Journeyman

The question should be why are you trolling?
    Yinla and Imrahil like this.
  13. zhay Journeyman

Maedhros, it just show people who read your posts in this forum how ignorant you seem to be - people who play on an euro server are often people who live in europe ( you do know there are continents outside america ? - right ?)
    when you live in Europe, you live in a different time zone - so when you raid i will properly be to bed or working. When people in europe raid ( i raid at 18:30 cet) then you are properly at work ( 1:30 pm EST).
    so please just try to understand the problem, before you start talking about something you obviously seem to be utterly clueless about. Euro raid guild dont cross server recruit people as they can't play on CET raid times

zhay
  14. Thancra Loladin

If you had read the various threads about the topic, you would see that people don't all want the same things. It is unrealistic to move your entire guild, no matter how good you are in communication, without losses in your roster. The situation of every guilds on AB is bad (unlike yours for example) because of the constant problems that are happening for years now, aswell as the shrinking player base (which shrinks even more drastically for euros). Those losses we can't afford really and there's no magical solution as you pretend it to be.

I just replied because I thought it was funny you thought this was a very simple solution we didn't think of. I'm not arguing really, I'm way past that point and I have better things to do in life than a game that doesn't want to let you play.