Will the $71.99 for a year's sub return?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Benito, Jul 20, 2017.

1. Evertrek Augur

maybe, good point. but what has changed since last year? guess they have all the business they need?
    you need to show the kids who's boss eh?
  2. King Dedede Elder

First thank you to CS for responding.

The sale last year had more to do with DC Online than EQ.
  3. Reht The Dude abides...

Not sure what changed beyond them killing a bunch of old grandfathered in annual subs with a one year promo.
  4. Waring_McMarrin Augur

How are you paying list price when the monthly sub is $14.99 or $180 a year and the yearly discounted rate is $120 or $10 a month.

It should be remembered that at some point if they keep giving discounts for subscriptions they will stop making money and just shut down the games.
    Reht likes this.
  5. Derd Augur

Having one of the grandfathered accounts I posted on the original thread last year reminding anyone that changing your account for any reason voided the grandfather amount. I hope if you took advantage of last year's discount your not blaming dbg, they did nothing wrong.
    Reht likes this.
  6. Just a EQ Player New Member

Easy, at full price, I will probably just re-sub two of my account, letting the other 5 just go FTP, so DBG gets 2x$120=$240 from me, vs 7x$72=$504, so a loss of revenue of $264. I am still playing, they just wont be making as much on me as a customer.

I am pretty sure there exist out there more customers who have more than one account that at the lower price would buy for all accounts, but for full price, just their main raiding account and an alternate account.

So actually, the lack of discount hastens rather than slows down the shutting the game. Furthermore, since those accounts will be FTP, no need to buy 5 more expansions, I will just buy 2 expansions, so only 70 vs 245, so another 145 less in revenue, I am still going to buy the expansion, but with the 5 accounts on FTP and only 2 with a subscription, less overall revenue for DBG..

No skin off my nose, DBG has allowed me to buy 14-15 bottles of Bushmills instead.
  7. Ghubuk Augur

Why don't you post using your actual toon name so DBG can confirm that this is actually the case. Maybe it will then give them incentive to do a sale. Of course, if they determine this is just a post made by an account that is just created today to provide misinformation, it may backfire.
  8. Just a EQ Player New Member

They should be able to see that from the account and password I used to log in to post that this is an account made in 2001. I never do any posting, ever. And dont plan on posting while at dr
    agoncon
  9. Evertrek Augur

at this time $0 x3 subs = $0, all F2P now, as of a few days ago. i didn't buy the latest xpac for EQ1 (i did for EQ2 and it was not worth the cost IMO). Luclin is dead for LFG and the broker is massive inflation. i had a blast on Agnarr, but not going to pay full price as listed ever.

i think this thread is flogging a dead horse.
  10. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

I like how people actually make the argument:

"I don't like playing as much as before, therefore it is worth less to me, so instead of just moving on like normal, I think DBG should lower the price to try and eek a few more bucks from me and the other 5% of subscribers in that same degrading range of subs, and lose much much more from the other 95% of paying subs that are going to pay at the list price anyway."

Dunno what to say to that other than stop being cheap, or stop being selfish, and if it isn't worth it, then move on.

Heck, you are not even saying, "If they added these features it would entice me to sub", just, "gimme gimme gimme".
  11. BlackVZ Lorekeeper

Just a thought, but since there are sl many people that box now (like it or not), maybe something like the yearly price for the first 2-3paid for is 120 a year like it is now, and then anything over 3 is a special rate. In this case DBG, makes money and potentially more from accounts that would be ftp and the people who wanted a discount to keep playing save some.
  12. Thomacles New Member

Player since the beginning chiming in his 2 copper here....

I have been silver membership for years now.

My old guilds have long since ceased to exist. 98% of my friends left the game YEARS ago. The servers are, as everyone knows, scantily populated, and decreasing. I have never heard anyone even mention a "new player/ EQ virgin" in years.

That being said:

If I was offered $71.99 for a year, I would buy buy the year subscription, and the latest expansion, in a flash. And I know for a fact my other friend that I played with for 16+ years would also take that price on his 2 accounts and also buy the latest expansion. I'm guessing we would both get EQ2's latest expansion as well.

I am not trying to be cheap or selfish, and I moved on long ago, (7+ years) by letting it go Silver. However I am stating that as far as my friend and I are concerned, a $71.99 year sub would bring us back. I would dearly like to attempt to bring my old fellowship back together again as well, but that might be a steep hill to climb. But who knows? If I could, that would also be an additional 4 accounts signed up.

I suspect we are not the only ones by any means........

Do the math yourself, for I am not good at math, but seems to me it would be a plus to them.

/shrug

I remain your humble servant, as always,

Thomacles Soulsbane
  13. Khat_Nip Meow

You've been silver for years so you obviously didn't take advantage of the $71.99 last year, so...
    Maedhros and Bigstomp like this.
  14. Thomacles New Member

I'm guessing that is because I was not informed of it as I hardly even logged on because my friend I spoke of earlier moved onto ESO or Neverwinter or something like that quite a long time ago so I hadn't been online or on the forums since. Never had a popup or notification or email offering that price. The sole reason I knew/know about it now, is strictly because of this thread.

But "thanks" for the book recommendation. I'll keep it in mind.

GOOD DAY TO YOU SIR!! (LOL, I mean that in jest.)
  15. Evertrek Augur

i understand that this deal had nothing to do with EQs, but i did enjoy the year on 3 subs in any case. i can afford 2 subs at $99 a year or 1 at the $120 a year but i now need to shop around for the best bang.... i am looking at WoW, ESO (with sub), UO, Anarchy online, and a few others. i wouldn't have given EQs a second thought at the deal price, but committing a year to a DBG game at this time is risky IMO (my guess is PS2 will also be pulled from all access and it will only cover EQs by the end if the sub).
  16. Maedhros High King

And the Lord didst sayeth, fare thee well Felicia.
  17. Balthen Lorekeeper

I came back last year because of the sale and purchased 4 annual sub's. They've gone silver waiting to see if the deal comes back. The reason I don't want to pay full price? I cannot play very much anymore, they should offer a sub that allows me to play my 20 hours a month for half price, I'd buy that too!
  18. Imrahil Augur

Well, whatever the reduced price for a yearly subscription is, I doubt it can be cheap enough to make up for the lost weeks of playtime we have had to suffer on AB. Out of the last 30 raid days (that equals 10 weeks) we had to cancel 14, with another 12 getting finished earlier than normal due to server instability and horrendous lag. I myself had a pretty good grandfathered yearly sub, but I have canceled it now because I refuse to spend another cent before our server is fixed or merged with a working server.

As good as yearly subs can be compared to monthly, when you get screwed like us Euros currently, you wish you had the opportunity to make them feel your dissatisfaction right away - in their pockets!