Massive tell, channel, and zoning lag on AB server

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Adroxia, Feb 19, 2017.

1. NeverPayForLag Augur

Oh funny...
    we forgot the ultimate "Debuff" from the "Ubah-Named" called "Rollback", cast delay "unknown", recast delay "low". After killing Bridge Keeper (the usual endless fight we tried to make really short) the drop simply vanished after relogin...So 1 hour "Server-kick-game-and-try-to-kill-named" wasted for a nonexistent drop....

I was on lunch.. this time it cannot be the blood sugar...:mad:
  2. Sashnia Elder

Today was different to normal, instead of just getting long delays and occasional DCs, I simply couldn't log on to the server and when I did it was a 50/50 chance of getting disconnected while attempting to zone anywhere. Oh and the long delays were worse than ever too.

DBG, I want to be your customer and spend money with you but I dislike paying for a service and not getting the service, not just that but also getting ignored. I believe in your mind you think the service is adequate because you have all these other servers that work, unfortunately when you play eq you invest a lot of time into a server building relationships with guild members and the community on said server so I guess what I'm saying is the service I am paying for is a stable Antonius Bayle, I have no interest in playing on other servers unless the community I know comes along for the ride.
  3. Arraden Augur

This. All this.

I LOVE THIS GAME.
    STOP MAKING YOUR FACTION DECREASE, YOU'RE NOW AT DUBIOUS VERGING ON THREATENING!
    tanith and Kyzvs like this.
  4. Jumbur Improved Familiar

Took us around 50 minutes to get half the raid into a chardok instance. Seemed like we often got disconnected when trying to exit a zone, and logging in(and lots of "unknown errors) just left us at the zone in of the previous zone, leaving us to repeat the process again and again.

Chat was unreliable at best, with severe lag-spikes on all communications.

In the end we had to cancel the raid. :(
  5. NeverPayForLag Augur

yeah... I missed it... after 30min... again server kick.... surprise surprise... time to give it up
    Makta likes this.
  6. Ogre Warlord New Member

Enough is enough. This server is unplayable as it stands. I have now cancelled subscription on all my 3 accounts that were ready to be charged again. I will not activate them until the problems are fixed.
    Ogre Warlord
    Makta likes this.
  7. NeverPayForLag Augur

funny... this game is so dull... the pets are gone AND the suspended pets which should stay after relogin are gone too... wtf.. this sounds like the routine for the /pickzone problem... wasn't that a problem in EoK starting phase?
  8. Rennia .

Another raid day on AB cancelled.

I've lost count on how many times I've crashed today- and I only logged in not long before the raid... Extreme long tell lags, long zoning - sometimes ending in crashing, numberous unknown error when logging in, unable to add money to the Marketplace, logging in alt to find 0/0 characters - who eventually turned into 6/8 after a long while, and thankfully 8/8 when logging out and starting up again.

We pay you. Every month.
    You "give us" a double exp weekend, and we can't use it.
    You can't even supply us with the normal service we pay for. Grouping, raiding, soloing, doing trade skills.
    It's amazing that you have the stomach to provide us with this sloppy service, and still ask for the same amount of money as for playing on functioning servers.
    tanith, NeverPayForLag and Makta like this.
  9. Kyzvs Augur

^^This

Cannot take advantage of the double XP

• 30-45 minutes to get all three toons logged at once, so many times 0 characters listed
    • Another 30 minutes to get all three into a LDoN (I'm levelling a group in the 50's at the moment)
    • Random disconnects

No $$ for DBG :mad: This is worse and longer lasting than Velious launch or any previous snafu I can think of since I started playing in '99
    Makta likes this.
  10. Gnomepower New Member

3 accounts now cancelled! 17 years and we get treated like this? Months of this crap and we get promises they will improve the server but yet it gets worse.
    Ogre Warlord and Makta like this.
  11. zhay Journeyman

we have 6 paying accounts - we properly will stop subscribtion on the 4 alts - and we dont plan to preorder any new expansion on any of the 6 toons

zhay
    i dont want to pay for something i cant use
    tanith and Makta like this.
  12. Pootle Elder

Its getting worse, week by week. Used to think I didn't notice much because I happen to live (for a couple of years) in a location where I play during the quiet hours.

However over the last while, ive been noticing more and more problems. And this weekend was TERRIBAD.

Kicked after an hour in a HA.... took another 30min of furious combat with the login server to get three chars back online..... To find a rollback had eaten the items i needed to collect during the HA. But it didn't rollback the mobs I killed that drop those items, making the HA un-completable.

I get that identifying the issue may be difficult.... I get you probably don't want to spend money on doing it... But whatever has been done over the last two weeks has made it worse.
  13. Vaako_SK Lorekeeper

14. Igniz Augur

Already voted for this the day it was create (25 April 2017). As my vote obviously didn't change anything, I'll start speaking in $$ as well:

DBG, my account is paid until Feb 2018 - at this stage, I don't plan to neither prolong my sub nor to buy your next expansion (as I don't buy your alleged will to fix AB in an appropriate timeframe either). You better start fixing our server or the fixed income of your loyal european customers diminishes rapidly and before you are shown what an angry mob can do with torches and pitchforks (and tightly shut purses).
  15. Anlak Journeyman

why the F... dont you fix AB ???
  16. Adroxia Elder

It would not surprise me if this thread is no longer read by any DBG person. In their mind they have understood the problem, and are working on a solution.

Unfortunately for the rest of us playing on AB, our friends are quitting the game, non-renewing their subscriptions, and the community is dying slowly day by day.

The DBG people do not understand community. They do not understand the fact that playing on European timezones means we cannot simply just move to another server and have the same play experience. They do not understand that their offer to free move to another server is dumb even by the standards of the modern world - never mind the fact that we have to pay to move back, which is offensive in its stupidity.

So unfortunately I feel like we are shouting into the wind, and will no longer be heard. It's a pressure valve to post how bad this is, but it feels futile.

Cancel every single alt account you have, I am only hoping money will talk at some point but I fear that it will take too long to reach that point that the community on AB is no longer recoverable, and DBG will only realise their mistake when they suddenly find a ghost server and a European income base that is not even enough to pay 1 person's salary.
    NeverPayForLag and Imrahil like this.
  17. Mizar Lorekeeper

Already cancelled my 3 alt accounts 1 month ago, I wish I could also cancel my main account but I have an almost year long subscription I can't get a refund for, feel pretty much robbed. All 4 accounts full expansion enabled.

It would feel bad for my guild to cancel my main account, then again, what's the point if we had to cancel 80% of the last raid nights ?
    Grouping ? What's the point if missions, zoning get borked ?
    Solo or tradeskilling ? What's the point if you have to spend your time trying to get your character logged in and the first thing you will have to do is checking if your house is still there (after 2 loses I just stopped trying to restore stiff/petition, to me 'housing' is not a feature of EQ anymore), or if your fellowship still exists ... then in case you get something useful to be done to think as if you were playing an old Sierra adventure game and log off each 30 minutes just in case you get a zone hangup and get all rolled back ?

Obviously, whats the point of paying for such a service.
    tanith likes this.
  18. Kyzvs Augur

A suggestion - post (politely) on DGB's Twitter / FB feeds - a bit of public "It's been months and months, please can you communicate / fix" can sometimes get things moving...
  19. Anlak Journeyman

maybe daily petitions from us all will wake them up , else we might have to look at the Jura and see if we can get refund for not working server , clearly they selling a products month after month they are aware of is not working ( must be illegal in all countrys ?? )

anyway DB time to pull the head out the B... and FIX AB

/Anlak
  20. SirWrecksAlot New Member

Maybe we take it a step further and complain to the company that bankrolls them?

Columbus Nova
    900 Third Avenue, 19th Fl.
    New York, NY 10022
    212.418.9600 (t)
    212.308.6623 (f)
    email: info@columbusnova.com

They obviously don't listen to us, and to be honest I don't think they care. I wouldn't be surprised if they have done a cost benefit analysis and have concluded even with a worst case scenario they would lose less money letting this server die than to fix and continue to maintain a European based server.