Time to cancel sub

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by ragefire.etronne, Sep 3, 2017.

1. ragefire.etronne New Member

Ok, i dont see the point to pay for such a crap service.

Server crashing on a loop
    No support from you
    No communication for you

time to cancel 6 accounts subscription, of course what s the point of making extensions....

Fix it and i may come back.

Any other people cancelling?
    NeverPayForLag, eliandra and Vividor like this.
  2. Jumbur Improved Familiar

Let me guess:

AB?
  3. SHAME New Member

I cancelled my sub some time ago and I'll uninstall the game if there is no solution whenever the next expansion be realised.
  4. Arraden Augur

I've let an alt account lapse as the 12 month subscription is up.
  5. Anlak Journeyman

my alts accounts will go into deep sleep when payment run out AB is simply not worth the money atm
    /Anlak
  6. Adroxia Elder

Already cancelled my 3 alt accounts that were on monthly cycle.

Left with only main account, and with this level of performance any new expansion is a joke and I will not buy it. If I do not buy a new expansion, my time in EQ is done. It's that simple.
  7. Iven the Lunatic

I play on AB server and I cancelled my subscription months ago when the support for XP/Vista got cancelled. From my experience the DB support for EQ was very good in the last two years. Back in the old Sony/Verant days there was only a very slow and bad GM support. The business model and pricing system for EQ by Daybreak Entertainment is absolutely horrible tho. I would fire all the managers.

The next expansion in harvest 2017 will be EoK 2. Pretty boring and inaccesible imo. The devs ignore the fact that the typical EQ groups are dead and that the majority of players are playing solo, often by boxing multiple accounts with mercenaries which is homemade by DB as grouping is to time intensive and less rewarding for the aged player community. EQ has naturally become a game for old farts which does include myself.
  8. NeverPayForLag Augur

I canceled my currently insane 9 accounts... happy holiday.. hope DGB feels it...
    eliandra likes this.
  9. Ogre Warlord New Member

Also an AB player her. I have also canceled my 3 and only accounts which all was on monthly subscription.

The game is currently unplayable on the AB server since many months. It has gotten worse the last month. As it stands now you cant enjoy playing on the server. I wish DB would see that the technical problems are unacceptable for their customers, which has and continue to, invest ALOT of time and money in this game. And no, just some exp potion wont make up for anything (many of us have full exp already) . We want a fix and that fast. Would also help to get several month free play time and say 1-2 ultra rare aswell.(which we could have gotten ourselves if server was playable), and ofcourse an apology.

My 2 copper.
    eliandra likes this.
  10. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Just remember if you go into your account and cancel now you will still be able to play till the end of what you have paid. If you do not actually go in and cancel at some point then it will auto renew. It doesn't just lapse.
    eliandra likes this.
  11. Makta Elder

Cacnelled 3 here
    eliandra likes this.
  12. jeskola pheerie

I am confused. Didn't dbg give you all free transfers off your dying server? Why don't you just take the transfers and leave a guildmotd up for others instead of posting the same tired posts about cancelling your 72 accounts we have seen for years?
  13. Jumbur Improved Familiar

A lot of guilds are unwilling to move, since moving a big guild manually is quite a bother to organize. Furthermore a lot of us refuse to accept that AB is a "dying server", because we actually had a fine community going there. The population numbers were fine, with multiple active guilds. The only thing "killing" the server is DBG's slow reaction-time when it comes to handling stability issues.

Im still hoping that the next patch will offer a big improvement...
    tanith, Makta and eliandra like this.
  14. eliandra Elder

maybe you didn t read the long tread before : we play during euro hours , vox is us server : how many players on this server will come to raid if only 20 or 30 players go on this server ?

btw : you think it s fun to say , i stop pay to have a fix ? 8 months on this forum to have a fix !!
    i like EQ , but i don t like when a company like DB players lick this with : NO ETA !!! we don t know why this server don t work !!! but we will repair it !!! one day ....

why moving on a server where the best raiding guild do dracoliche when enough players !!!!
    tanith and Makta like this.
  15. Tensor New Member

Yes, you are confused.
    DBG offered ONE WAY transfers to a single server - Vox. That server is low population, little to no raid scene and most importantly it has either 0 or close to 0 EU playerbase.

Your 'suggestion' to simply leave a motd and expect everyone from AB server to just show up on Vox (presumably within a few weeks time) is obviously a joke since it's too stupid to be serious.

First, not everyone wants to move and not everyone will move. Some for personal reasons, which are too numerous to try to list them all.
    Second, willingness to move doesn't even address the other complications that can arise from a mass server transfer with guild halls and personal estates filled with peoples' belongings going into limbo/vanishing and waiting for weeks while tech support tries to resovle the problem...if they even can.

Third, suggesting people to move to a non-EU server without any guarantees to be able to move back is a bit like this:
    Say you play at 5pm PST - 8pm PST each evening after work... and then, through no fault of your own, the server you play on goes to trash and now you have to move to different server where the majority of the player population plays at 3am PST - 6am PST (middle of the night when you would like to be sleeping). And this is suggested in a smug tone by people such as yourself as if it's a no-brainer.

So there's the answer to your questions and now maybe you can answer a question for me.

Instead of posting the same tired posts trolling other people on a subject you know very little about, why not just ask your questions first in good faith?
    Makta, Perplexed and eliandra like this.
  16. jeskola pheerie

Take the free move and leave a guildmotd for others. Organization done and you are now on a working server.
  17. Kassus New Member

Just transfer servers as a guild. With instability issues it is about the only choice, and the right choice of the guild. If everyone transfers it will be the same player base plus the new servers player base to choose from. It would have made things easier if they just server merged, but then they would have had complaints about that too. They have given you a way to fix the problem, just the guilds/friends whatever you play with have not accepted it. MOTD and emails are a very easy way to organize such moves.

People are saying "But im Euro." Well if everyone else goes they will still be playing at your time. Just because they change servers with you will not suddenly make them start playing at a different time.
  18. zhay Journeyman

you two must really be from anywhere else but europe .... you cant not just move to an US server , there is no one to group with and do quest with in my time frame. And guild wise we raid at 6:30 pm CET which mean american people is either getting rdy to go to work or have lunchbreak ( 6-9 hours time difference ). so basicly there is no one on vox who can join our raidforce or we can recruit from as they are at work or in school .

so whenever a raider take a break or leave game for whatever reason ... we are left with 1 less player in raidforce - as things are today we can just recruit from the rest of the playerbase on server when this happen - but that is not really possible on vox as ppl cant play there when we raid.

so moving to vox on a single player basis really just a spreadsheet solution though out by ppl who dont know the issues and never have played for real in everquest and understand how community , group game and raid game works.

zhay
    tanith, Makta and Perplexed like this.
  19. Bigfan Augur

I paid money to move to bertoxx..because of the aus raiding guild there.

That is a us server.

Quit.your.whining.
  20. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I have yet to see any guarantees from Daybreak that we will not have the same/similar issues moving to another server.

Daybreak says that it is the physical location of the server on the planet, but no comments as to if our position on the planet is having the same effect.

I will not take a one way transfer anywhere with out a guarantee that these issues will not resurface.
    Oakarm and Makta like this.