Massive tell, channel, and zoning lag on AB server

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Adroxia, Feb 19, 2017.

1. Mesil Lorekeeper

This afternoon:
    • 5+ minutes to log-in
    • zoning takes ages again
    • mercenary takes up to 5 minutes to appear/leave group
    • tell-lag 2-4 min.
    • chat-lag 2-4 min.
    • 3x disconnect from server
    • lost pet each time
    • AB shows up and down, but /uptime says no
    please fix...and soon

• and house vanished again last week
    tanith, Makta and Zortex like this.
  2. Adroxia Elder

Wow it's special performance day! :( Just when you think it's can't get worse ...
    Makta likes this.
  3. zhay Journeyman

had to cancel raid today :(
    zhay
    Makta likes this.
  4. Imrahil Augur

TBH I doubt we can expect any solution here.

Clearly if they were interested in their PAYING customers, they would do something about this, right?
  5. Gwadar New Member

CREATE TICKETS instead of posting here

Tickets gets attention while forum posting does not
  6. douxreve Elder

3 september 18h45 CeT, trying ro log in, got 6 times "an unknown error...." I had to log in with the no patch system. Massive tells, channels and zoning lags. Sometimes more than 3 min of waiting. Thats going worst and worst.
  7. douxreve Elder

The solution exists. Just movelog all AB server on another server, not allowing a personnal free move, but a complete movelog of AB.
    The personnal movelog is not acceptable by raiding guilds of AB, i hope DB understand that.
    Imrahil and Makta like this.
  8. Sheev Lorekeeper

Clearly, they don't care about us period. Makes me wonder how much longer this game has to run...
    tanith and Makta like this.
  9. JolineSZ Augur

RF also canceled raid again. Merge us all with any other server. Single moves are not a solution. Repair AB if you like and then just move all back, or are you not able to keep a list of moved player, like you are not able to keep a backup of people houses interior?
    This is like going to the toolshop with your broken car and you have to tell them what is wrong and and how they have to repair it.
    Makta and tanith like this.
  10. Mizar Lorekeeper

Barely able to log in for ontime, raid cancelled due to unusable raid tool and grp handling, paired with erratic and unstable zoning times + virtually inexistant channel comms.

Can we get an 'accout freeze' so sub days are not ticking down ? A refund ?. ATM if feels as if we were clowns giving money for free and are on long term subscription plans so we can't straight cancel our accounts and save our money from this waste.
  11. daBlubb Elder

tanith and Makta like this.
  12. Makta Elder

THIS! At the very LEAST this, until you guys @ DBG either fix the server or decide to go in another direction.

But considering that it will likely be the same DBG techs who haven't/can't fix AB who implement the freeze and/or refund, I am just as likely to see them screw THAT up somehow as to see them get it right.../snicker.

As it is, I hold my breath every time I log in, worried my house will have disappeared for a 3rd time, or my Kronos, or my toons, or my inventory etc. This dicking around has left me with ZERO confidence in them. Say what you will about SoE, but even the data breach didn't leave me with less confidence than I have right now with DBG.

13. Imrahil Augur

[IMG]
  14. NeverPayForLag Augur

back from 2h break and again a kick after login... %$"/§&%$/!"&%$§ °°°°:mad:
  15. Sheev Lorekeeper

i cba with this anymore. It's pathetic.

Glad my sub runs out finally. Don't expect another cent from me anytime soon DB.
    Makta likes this.
  16. Caiburn Tarew Marr '99

Guess which server boots players on double XP weekend and then shows DOWN in the Launcher?
    Makta likes this.
  17. Arraden Augur

AB randomly down every 5 - 10 mins... on a cycle.

Needs a reset!
  18. Diani Augur

Do HA...get drop. loot drop..disconnect...get back...rolled back corpse not rolled back so drop gone:eek: ...repeat...then finally after some time all drops gathered...hand in to mob...disconnect...get back...drops gone and no update.:eek::mad:

This is entering new lvls of fun very very fast...:confused:
    Makta likes this.
  19. NeverPayForLag Augur

its like on the Octoberfest - up and down and up and down.... what a quark - spin me round and round...
    hey .. that reminds me on a song...

Soooo here we are... in the midst of the worst Sunday every..... setting all up... killing 1 mob... get kicked from server... waiting till AB is up again... setting all up... killing 1 mob... get kicked from server...

hey that is Classic Everquest... it is like the usual time sink of the old Epic quests... perhaps AB is a Named.... Antonious Bayle - the Ubah-Named - try to get into him and if you fail (which is always the case after 5-10min) you get kicked... via the spell "Kick me off the server instantly". We are blessed because the recast delay is only about 5-10min. So there is plenty of time to get into the "Mob" (Server AB) again. But wait - first you have to avoid the "Minis" spawning - each with an interesting bellow which stuns you everytime you see them: "the connection has terminated by the server". But the Trash is always waiting and spawning about 5-10 times. These little critters named "Error - A Timeout occurred" and there collegues "you can not login due to server down" means only one thing: the big Mob "Antonious Bayle" is sleeping and as long as this is the case you have to deal with the "Minis" and their "Trash". Besides I think that the "Zone" (Hardware) and the "Zoning" (Network) itself is our worst enemy, I discover that this new Expansion of EQ "Up and Down" does not fit very well in my playstyle....

But how do you beat the big "Ubah-ubah-ubah-Named"? Petition is not possible due to the Curse "Server down". It runs about 1-2min but sometimes you can break it with the "Cancel Magic Spell" "OK-Button". But in reality the big "Ubah-ubah-ubah-Named" is simply not available because it is weekend with double XP - so to get a REAL timesink it is necessary for a "Classic Everquest Feeling" to make it: Double XP Weekend with only 1 Mob for every 30 min! What a blast - I think, DGB has made the ultimate Gaming Experience which comes close to classical ones: the Double XP Weekend with 30min short login time to kill 1 single Mob.....

Anybody with me? ... ah... yes... now the system gets online again.. I think I got past the "Trash" and the "Minis"... let me try another time...
  20. tanith Augur

can't even keep traders in the baz. Put them in. Come back an hour later and I'm at char select. Right now 'there are 2 traders... in the bazaar' . And one of those is mine...

As has been said exhaustively, we have been unable to raid tonight.
    3 guilds have cancelled their big raid night
    No-one can take advantage of the double xp (or any xp!)

I'm sure you have a crack team working round the clock on this as would be in any other industry.
    And I'm sure you're working on a very very generous compensation package
    Makta likes this.