Please remove the keys to HS / VP and after...

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Tyranel, Aug 31, 2017.

1. AgentofChange Augur

Make a friend, this is EverQuest
  2. smash Augur

You ordered a Classic EQ, that including keying. You did not order a Classic without keying.

You cannot just pick what you want, and what you dont you.

Live with it, and do the keying, that is what people did when EQ got out.
  3. Reiker99 Lorekeeper

Yeah Wayylon, sheesh, why can't you just make friends with someone who will just hand you this item worth 24,000 plat? Gosh, some people.

This attitude has a proven history of being incorrect, yet people still post this drivel here for some reason.

People complained about overpopulation and they added pickzones.

People complained about raiding and they added instances.

People complained about epics and they removed bottlenecks.

People complained about balance and they buffed melees.

You're arguing the position of P99, and this is not P99.
    Wayylon likes this.
  4. MyShadower All-natural Intelligence

Perhaps you need a meme to get your point across. What is THIS?

[IMG]
  5. Wayylon Augur

Once again your "solution" is either not real or idiotic.
  6. AgentofChange Augur

Why can't it be real AND idiotic huh?? Fwiw it is very real
    snailish likes this.
  7. Accipiter Old Timer

This is this.
  8. Accipiter Old Timer

LOL, touché.
  9. Xeris Augur

Uh get a group of people to camp the HS key and stay till all of you have it? :d
  10. Ellis Elder

First of all, don't you have friends? Anyone can win a dps race with a little help. Second, anyone can charm gate with items. Both instant cast.
  11. Wayylon Augur

A 12 hour group? Ok I'll get right on that, I'm sure everyone will stay for the duration. That is assuming you can instantly out damage everyone else standing on the spawn 6 times in a row.

Anyone can charm gate with items huh? Anyone includes melee right? No.... Didn't think so.

Can you people not see how ridiculous your "solutions" are?

Nothing short of the already non classic spawn rate of foragers/hunters is going to fix this design flaw.
    Itune1 likes this.
  12. Roxas MM Augur

back on phinny, i waited a few weeks till the first rush to get into HS was over, and had absolutely no problem with getting the key done. Maybe try a little patience ? I thought Agnarr was the "casual" server anyways.
  13. Wayylon Augur

Ya you're right its only been 2 1/2 weeks, I should probably just wait until Velious to get keyed for a Kunark dungeon that will be worthless.

So many awesome replies in this thread.
    Itune1 likes this.
  14. MyShadower All-natural Intelligence

I think people cannot see how ridiculous they are when complaining the game does not work exactly how they want it right now. The dev team did not have a crystal ball to look into the future and see that so many players would log onto a single server to play content from 17 years ago where everyone knows exactly how everything works and just sit around waiting for beep to happen so they can get their "win". That is not flawed design.

Meanwhile, the current devs are being asked to make a new expansion aside from all the other stuff that the live players want done that has nothing to do with TLP, make umpteen different TLP server ruleset variations, solve complex economic conditions driven by forces outside their control, make classic more classic but include "quality of life changes", make more content, balance melee vs. caster in TLP eras, make rare things less rare, take a look at making Epics more common, analyze and fix all the mechanics people use to grief others (you'll have to forgive them if they don't just take your word that your proposed solution is the right way to fix it), change content that is not unlocked for us yet and make it work the way we want it so when we get there we don't have to wait, instance MOAR, respond to our demands MOAR, make sure everything they do does not break something else, create a new problem or make another person/group unhappy, teach people about time and timezones, and all the other things people are complaining about, etc, etc, etc.

So...maybe the beeping content that is working flawlessly as designed is not the top beeping priority and you have to wait just a little bit longer to see a zone where once inside, you probably just start a new thread to beep that there is only one camp for mob X and everyone wants it, request the devs do Y to fix it, and profess how you waited so long to get in here and now you have to wait longer!

Oh..and not only do they need to respond to all these requests, they have to just shut up and accept the way that you ask for it by telling them how they should have been able to predict all these problems and already have a solution and changing it right now the way you want is so beeping simple you cannot believe it isn't done already.

My perspective on the situation is different, just sayin'.

*Reposted with redacted vulgarities.*
  15. Itune1 New Member

I agree, remove the key requirements. Fighting a hours long spawn point against a bot army that can nuke the second it pops. Players running VM's just to use ShowEQ so they can poopsock your spawns. Not to mention the previously mentioned bot armies that blow it up just so they can sell the damn thing for krono.

TLP is no longer the "classic" experience. It's NOTHING like it was, so please don't pretend it is.

Key requirements to places that will become obsolete in a couple of months is just stupid.
    Wayylon likes this.
  16. Machentoo Augur

Err, this is EXACTLY what the early game experience was like back in the day, at least for me. People using Showeq (not on VM's back then but on linux boxes) to poopsock cleric epic mobs or coldain ring quest mobs and then swooping in to KS and then selling them back to you for RL $$ or insane amounts of plat. There was a guy on our server who made an art form of it, and damned if he didn't still manage to outsmart us and steal the kill solo when our entire guild showed up to help our top warrior finish his coldain ring quest. Which warrior then promptly ragequitted and never returned to the game after being 100% attendance on raids for two years prior.

Not sure what server you played on but on mine, this was normal every day stuff in 2000/2001.
  17. Rhodz Augur

Since the reason for keying to exist in the first place is no longer valid it is just lazy thinking and bad game design for them to remain. Dance puppets dance
  18. snailish Augur

Heh, you just want this thread to go 5 more pages!

Add more keys. Add them retroactively to 3/4 of the zones in an expac. City of Mist needs an entrance key quest...

(oops I did it too).

More seriously, key requirements are fine, the challenge of getting the key should be based on the difficulty of the encounters required to get it. This should be independent of timesink as timesink is poor design --outside of travel time factored in, or faction required to do the quest (and that can be evil design too).

HS key mob doesn't respawn often enough to suit the needs of the post-progression playerbase. It's a silly point in Kunark to have drama over.

Or just sell keys via the marketplace. Then players have choices:

-pay the farmer
    -beat the farmer
    -wait for the rush to pass
    -wait for the zone to unlock anyways in a few expacs
    -buy the marketplace version of the key
    Nolrog likes this.
  19. Dumbledorf Lorekeeper

Paid 3.5kr for prod only to have it not work, because it's apparently wrong version. I can't compete skullcap quest without it.I hope DB replaces my prod. I hate this key crap.
  20. Rhodz Augur

Nope it was just a bad idea from the beginning and now under TLP conditions, just insane.
    On a typical day back in the day maybe a few people would be chasing these keys in era. Now you literally have hundreds at once.