Massive tell, channel, and zoning lag on AB server

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Adroxia, Feb 19, 2017.

1. Gwadar New Member

And now with the Double XP Labor Day Weekend the lag is huge as well as login issues as well
    tanith and Makta like this.
  2. Makta Elder

The lag is AWFUL on double exp weekend, and my 3 toons just crashed/disconnected........FACT

3. Vaako_SK Lorekeeper

Just got booted to char select, with rollbacks :eek:
    Makta likes this.
  4. tanith Augur

Lag/ridiculous zoning times etc etc was so bad today we couldn't do anything in an instance as task updates just time/bug out
    Then at about 21.30 (UK time) our whole group got disconnected
    As did the rest of the guild
    And all the traders in the baz

earlier in the evening everyone was reporting huge difficulty logging in; having to try many times. On one acc, I logged in to no toons at all at char select. Waited - nada. Took 3 relogs to get them back

Others did try tasks and were unable to complete as never updated.

Really?!
    Makta likes this.
  5. Gwadar New Member

Not a good way to start this LDW
    Makta likes this.
  6. Asmadeus Journeyman

Bonus XP is always worse for us :/

But yeah kicked out mid-raid is never nice, glad we weren't actively fighting (and even more glad we weren't just looting as there was a rollback!)
    Makta likes this.
  7. Jumbur Improved Familiar

A part of me is hoping that those server reboots is not by accident, but rather DBG actively trying stuff out, in order to find a proper fix, but maybe thats just wishful thinking.

That would almost make it worth it...
  8. NeverPayForLag Augur

I am wondering... running smoothly into AB first time since active again. No lag, no 5-10 times relog / toon. Traders were kicked.... server rebooted... anything happened? Or simply the server got down I now AB is not populated? ;)

If this is a fix I would be more than happy for it ;)
  9. Caiburn Tarew Marr '99

Double XP weekend. Guess what? Disconnects all over the place, now server shows as down.

Are you having fun, Daybreak?
    Makta likes this.
  10. Gwadar New Member

And AB is DOWN - what a surprise
    Makta likes this.
  11. zhay Journeyman

when will server be fixed - when we play the last few days we cant log in - we get unexpected error
    when we finally get in we are met with empty character select

eventually if characters are logged in we can't really do quest as we can't be certain that quest update due to lag - or we just get random disconnected - and roll back

sooo do something - it is really beyond something one can live with or you can expect ppl want to pay money for

btw i live in denmark and are protected by law which give me compensation if product are not fix if it is broken or damaged ( this also cover virtuelle items as an online game is ) - so where do i send my letter of complain to so we can start to do something legally to get this situation solved
    we have waited for more then a year without things getting better - and the options we are given is not really a real solution ( no it is not a viable offer just to say move to vox).

zhay
    Yinla, tanith, eliandra and 1 other person like this.
  12. Makta Elder

Yep, glad they dismissed a merge out of hand while being "committed" to "fixing" AB. The group of friends I play with is shrinking by the day (2 have given up on AB and are playing on Agnar, 2 more have cancelled their accounts, I have cancelled my 2 box accounts, and the remaining handful of friends can only be bothered to log in @ raid times hoping (and usually disappointed) that a raid can take place.

You know it's bad when even double exp weekend can't motivate them or me to log in.and put up with this broken server.

WTG DBG!

13. eliandra Elder

i think you need real developpers and prog to fix this pb ....
    Makta likes this.
  14. Makta Elder

I think DBG's technical support department hired all the rejected applicants from North Korea's missile program.

eliandra likes this.
  15. tanith Augur

Another disconnect about 4pm UK time today.
    this is unplayable.
    Makta likes this.
  16. Graves Elder

2 houses contents poofed this week.

Repeated boots to login screen with rollbacks.

So much for bonus exp.

Stop faffing around with other stuff and fix this.
    Makta and tanith like this.
  17. Gaol Journeyman

The server has been listed as down on at least three occasions today already. Completely unplayable.

It's not acceptable to say it'll take months to fix as we're not getting the service we're paying for right now.
    Makta likes this.
  18. Gwadar New Member

This is supposed to be a Double XP weekend but with this unstability and roll backs its definately not so

FIX this server once and for all ! !
    tanith and Makta like this.
  19. Vividor Elder

AB is totally unplayable (again) on a Saturday afternoon (prime time). Instead of a double bonus exp we have a double malus lag.

I just want to know one thing: Will you fix this server before release next expansion?, please dont answer "we are working on that" and throw a smoke bomb.

Try to be honest with your answer and tell us whats the real expectation about all of this.
    Yinla, tanith and Makta like this.
  20. Zhaunil_AB Augur

Times it took for chats to get through:
    1min 2secs...
    12s...
    1min 55secs...
    Similar times are involved with almost any in-game action...

Oh, we can "play"...
    Once we've spent an hour just to send 5tells in order to decide WHERE or with whom.
    Or by using 3rd-party VoIP.

A major aspect of this game is the social aspect.
    And since that depends on chat working properly, that aspect is lost...
    Not even mentioning the practical issues this chat-lag causes - others did that above already!
    Makta likes this.