Statue in Cobalt Scar

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Shaantara, Sep 1, 2017.

1. Shaantara Made of Moonlight

There is a statue of a winged woman in Cobalt Scar standing atop a rock formation. She has frosty breath coming from her nose/mouth area and I've never seen this statue before. Admittedly I could have just missed it but it's highly unlikely as I hunted Othmir there for a long time years ago.

What is the meaning of this statue?
  2. Thraine Augur

dont blink!!
  3. smash Augur

You mean, you cannot recognize your aunt ?

She was captured by the othmirs and skinned and they made the staue of her skin, which is why it is so lifelike.
    Oh, and better run a bit away, when you vomit, because the stew you ate, was her.

You did know that your aunt was adopted and her race is a frogle, right ?
  4. Barudin_Phinigel Augur

Interesting. I am curious as well!
  5. svann Augur

That definitely wasnt there before.
    Maybe the next expac is NOT eok2
    Sumonerr_Tunare likes this.
  6. MyShadower All-natural Intelligence

I think the artist is trying to convey quiet contemplation of the slaughtering of the Othmir. The visible breath represents the coldness of the actions permeating the area. Her wings, the nature of the forces that have taken notice. Her clasped hands indicating contemplation of how best to intervene. Her head tilted downward while standing on the rock representing authority over the observer.

Or..just junk from a shipwreck the Othmir have decided to put there.
  7. Mizar Lorekeeper

She looks like Ayonae Ro ... also looks like as if she was constipated ...
  8. svann Augur

I think its a guy. Staring right at Chief Kalan.
  9. Jaylin Augur

Well the statue is of a blind dreamer. The alarans made these statues that they/their gods could inhabit to spy on us without leaving the safety of their veil. Not sure why it is in Cobalt if it wasnt there before. Unless it was supposed to have been placed there with the RoF update because of the updates to velious. It may be for something coming up, or it could have slipped in with an automatic update and had originally intended to be there.
  10. Nniki Augur

[IMG]

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/quest.html?quest=7689
  11. MyShadower All-natural Intelligence

Nniki likes this.
  12. Shaantara Made of Moonlight

Thank you, Nniki. Much appreciated as I was gone from EQ for a long time and was curious. I was able to find the quest based on your info:

Only the Blind Will See (Level 75). Thimble Thrasher says 'I can't take it anymore! Everyone pressuring me to find Arima, find some stupid statues, do everything or we'll kill you! Enough already! I give up. I'll tell you where Ven thinks the statue is. Anything to get you away from me!'

Your task 'Only The Blind Will See' has been updated.

Thimble sends you to Cobalt Scar.

The statue is on top of a rock on the beach near an Othmir camp.

A Fractured Dragon Scale appears on your cursor, then Ambushing Thieves spawn and attack.
    Nniki likes this.
  13. Beggly Augur

I spotted one of these in The Commonlands near the end by some vendor buildings. I'm curious as well, and I guess I'll check out the quest.