Cornering the market out of control.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by YellowBelly, Aug 27, 2017.

1. Sindaiann Augur

2. Drusi Augur

YellowBelly I am still insanely curious on what items you consider being manipulated.

If you are afraid, then don't mention the server (not sure why wouldn't you, what are the resellers going to charge even more than now?).

Without concrete proof it is hard to make a good argument.

Otherwise it seems like a denizen of Grobb made the original post. ;)

You are like that Rent is Too D*mn High guy, you might be right, but you need to be more concrete :)
  3. Evertrek Augur

it's bannable if you shame anyone in fourms as you know, so you sir are a troll. my guess is youre one of the traders with 1k+ krono stash and doing questionable reselling.

the markets/economy is 100x inflated from 10 years ago, krono is out-of-control, traders are doing the same thing as was done in GW2 and RIft (which have been somewhat address with software and monitoring the system by the company's). DBG is in lazy mode, they want us to have videos, chat logs, and such so they can hand out a 3 day ban....this is not fake news, a witch-hunt, or sour grapes. it is real and happening now.
  4. svann Augur

Threatening to get someone banned is a bannable offense Evertek.
    You better watch yourself!
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  5. MyShadower All-natural Intelligence

What is the 100x based on?

Perspective. The problem is bigger to you because you are one player, looking at specific items on a specific server at a specific time, you are very close to it. Zoom out and look at how the player population has changed, all the game changes that help determine what equipment people want/need, all servers, TLP/Live considerations, where the game is headed (Daybreak probably has some inside information on this), other problems that require attention, etc.

Other perspectives:
    Jaywalking enforcement vs. literally any other crime.
    President of the United States responsibilities vs. How many people were at their inauguration debates.

[IMG]
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare and Nennius like this.
  6. Scorrpio Augur

Anything in any zone lvl 50 and up drops diamonds and other 100+p stuff like crazy. Just yesterday I went to work on my hunter in elemental planes. Cleared Water Air Earth in like an hour and some may consider this slow. Over 16kp in diamonds alone and I probably left about 5k worth more rotting on corpses. And guess what? I practically got no sinks. No attuner boxes or coalescing reagents to buy. EoK gear does not have Type 3 slots so no need for those 15k shards. My spells are mostly RkII farmed in TBM, only. 100+ spell I had to buy is Dicho. Now that my both played toons hitting top levels, the only currency that really matters to me at this point is my guild DKP. If there is something I need in bazaar, I can dump plat on it, and I am a returnee after 8+ years. Most my guildmates got tens of millions pp and nothing to spend them on. No wonder the baz prices are what they are. And worth of plat is dropping all the time so quite understandable that many people convert to krono. Sort of equivalent of RL gold bullion.
    You wanna fix it, introduce heavy plat/krono sinks.
    For example, ability to convert krono to DB cash at say, 750DBC per.
    People will happily snap up merc slots, heroic slots, mounts, LoN cards etc. However, this can seriously cut into DB cash sales, so I doubt we will see it happen.
  7. Scorrpio Augur

Correction: DBC for krono would not be a plat sink. Add vendors who will give DBC for plat. Something like 1:10000 rate would probably work well.
  8. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

Not being combative, but honestly asking: Fix what? Big numbers? What's so scary about big numbers?

Your post shows how easy it is to generate enough income to match the prices in the bazaar. The increase in the price of goods matches the increase in spending ability of the consumers. It's pretty much a law of nature.

So the only place where the size of the number is significant is in the bazaar, and ONLY because the bazaar has a hard coded limit that DBG doesn't care to fix. If anything, DBG already has price controls in place, in the form of the hardcoded price cap in the /bazaar. You are all getting your wish, you just haven't grown into it yet :)
    svann likes this.
  9. Millianna Augur

There are other things DB can do to help the situation. They have a market place. Why not sell armor sets comparable to drop items for level 90, 95, and 100?. Set the price at 500 DB cash for each set of armor and 500 DB cash for each set of jewelry. Or maybe change Heroic Toons to level 100.
  10. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

Again, WHAT situation? Is there something wrong with the Jersey Shore? Because there's nothing inherently wrong about big numbers.

You just want free stuff (using your excess DB cash). If not, you would buy a krono and buy the TBM gear (that's been in the game for two years) that allows you to do exactly what you are requesting and more: fully gear your toon from level 75 to level 105. And for far less than the $5 per level that you are suggesting.
  11. smash Augur

Why in the World should they intervene into the markedsforces ?

It is a free marked, prices fluctuate on what people are willing to sell/buy for. not some artificial controlled in.

Sure it will be controlled by a few, they have a large amount of Money/Cash to play with.

But if their prices are too high, people will not buy the stuff, then others will come in and sell stuff.
    If the moneymen then wanna keep their Price, they can go in and buy up the stuff, but they will then bind more of their Money into a large storage,

And so what, you get your stuff sold, for what you wanted for it, you could even be smart and sell a bit at a time, to see if some buy it up, if same persons buy it, you can try to raise it slightly, and see if they buy, if they do, you earn more Money, and they bind up their Money into storage.

With all the situations, you get your items sold, they do not.

If you wanna get some stuff, and you find it too expensive to buy, you do what everyone else does, which is to farm it. Which is what everyone has done for all the time the game has existed.

If you in RL have a garden that need to be refreshed, you can hire a gardener for it, if a gardener costs too much, you can do it yourself. That is much like items sold in bazaar. It is the gardener who decide what his price is, but you that decide what you wanna pay for it, you can try to bargain with him to see if you can get a lower price.

If a price is for sale for 100k, and you only wanna pay 25k, and it is sold for 100k, then 100k is the correct price, even if you think it should only cost 25k

The correct price is ALWAYS what people are willing to pay, not what some think there should be a max price.

And if there are some moneymen trying to controll prices on some goods, then you can always line your own pocket, by selling an item below their Price, as they will then buy it. And do you care if they or someone else buy your stuff, I dont.
  12. YellowBelly Augur

I don't want to be in a game where one person controls the entire economy. Who cares how much money they have to play with and manipulate things. They probably sit at their computer smirking and calling everyone else an idiot. Explain to me why we the players have to put up with something like that.
  13. Cleaver Augur

You put up with it in real life why not a video game.
  14. Caell Augur

Who are you to say they are playing the game incorrectly? If you don't like it go out and farm the stuff yourself and price and sell it below their prices.
  15. smash Augur

Now let me be a bit provocative. But are you not actually doing the same ?

The controllers try to control the marked, a small part of the game, people have alternative to it.

You however wanna control an entire aspect of the game, of how it shall be played.

If I should say who I like the most, it would be them, as they do not try to decide how I should play the game.
    Drusi and Caell like this.
  16. Millianna Augur

There is a problem. If you don't want to acknowledge it that's YOUR problem.
  17. Millianna Augur

How does DB adding stuff in the cash shop have anything to do with market controls? It's hard for people returning to progress consistently so what's the harm I using there monthly allowance of DB cash to make their lives easier?
  18. Reynen Journeyman

There's no problem except you trying to create one because you're too lazy to farm stuff. New players don't need anything from the bazar, the stuff they need drops off mobs only, unless you're on FV.

All I see are 2/3 people getting angry some take the time to make some profit in the bazar and they're crying that they can't do the same. Everyone else is fine with how things are but nope, gotta solve this "huge" problem lol.
  19. Smokezz The Bane Crew

Don't buy it then. I don't... I get off my and go kill some mobs for a few hours and VOILA! STUFF!
    Caell likes this.
  20. svann Augur

Every seller wants to get as much as they can for items. That is the law of human nature. So if someone will pay more than you then he gets it. Why would dbg force him to sell it to you for less when he could sell it to someone else for more? Thats not fair.

People arent charging high prices and not selling anything. People pay those high prices.
    Caell likes this.